Fall 2017 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
King Game is really just shit on all levels. Shitty MC. Shitty plot. Shitty art. I watched it last night to fill some time, and wish I had the time back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
King Game is really just shit on all levels. Shitty MC. Shitty plot. Shitty art. I watched it last night to fill some time, and wish I had the time back.

Yeah I dropped it last week. It's a show you laugh at just because how horrible everything is heh.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ran out of shit to watch last night and binged the 5 episodes already out.

This is a lot better than I expected, not AT ALL anything like SOA/log horizon but more like a slice of life for gamers of all backgrounds and wakes of life.
Enjoyed it thoroughly, I would recommend watching it if slice of life anime is your kinda thing, it'll resonate with a lot of MMO nerds like it did for me.
I'll be honest, that's one of the shows that I look forward to watching every week. It was the 2nd episode that really locked me in.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My current favorite shows for this season that I'm actually keeping up to date on are...

Ame-con!! - It's 3 minutes about Hawaii... I have to.
Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken - I can't say why, but I like it.
Imouto sae Ireba Ii. - It's so much like Ero Sensei from last season, and I just enjoy the sillyness of it.
Inuyashiki - Fuck, this is just a damn good show.
Kino no Tabi - Another really good show.
Mahoutsukai no Yome - I like it a lot, but I don't "love" it. Something falls short, but it's still really good.
Net-juu no Susume - As mentioned in the last few posts.
Children of Whale - I have to get this from Nyaa, but it's great.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is it me or did episode five of children of the whales show a significant drop in quality?

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched all available episodes of Inuyashiki. Not getting the hype.

Half the show is good (the psycopathic kid) and half the show is annoying as hell (crybaby gramps). Also not a fan of the animation and so far the story has no direction, rhyme or reason. Shit just happens and then the episode is over.

I like the good half the of the show so I'll keep watching but I definitely think you guys are overhyping it.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm the opposite. I actually like the happy grandfather story to the psychotic murder-kid. He deserves bad things.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Happy grandfather? You sure you're watching the same show? You think that guy is happy?

• 1Worf

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah he's not a grandfather. He's just prematurely aging. It's referenced in the manga and his kids are embarrassed about it.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's not that the grandfather himself is happy. He's really sad and depressing and his life is falling apart around him.

But the grandfather story itself is the happier of the two due to how he helps people. Thus, happy grandfather story.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Happy grandfather? You sure you're watching the same show? You think that guy is happy?
He is the opposite of the psycho kid. He feels incredibly happy when he is able to help / save someone, so yes he is now far happier than he was previously.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just discovered magical circle guru guru and totally loving it. It's based on this kiddie manga but its a bit on the nose and a lot of humor leans towards the adult side of the spectrum. Caught me off guard and I'm catching up on the episodes.
The wizard of oz poodle scene had me laughing out loud.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
S-DBZ is going full on cray cray but man they need to wrap this shit up

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Garo - This show should be terribad, but it's awesome instead. Dunno why.
Inuyashiki - Redemption arc? I don't see this playing out well.
Itsudatte - Not out yet.
Just Because - Yep. Slicin dat life. Mmmm.
Juuni Taisen - That's more like it! Back to plot == you die.
Mahoutsukai no Yome - Putting the tit in Titania.
Sangatsu no Lion - So good. MC's got a good harem.
Shokugeki no Souma - Erina and her God Tongue. I'm sure there's already plenty of doujinshi about this.
UQ Holder - Harem hijinks week.
Fate/Apocryha - Still getting caught up.
Shoukoku no Altair - "I still have something I need to do." *eyerapes the queen*

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Started watching Ancient Magus's wife and I'm having real issues getting past how the main character looks almost identical to the main character in Akagami no Shirayuki hime. I'm not crazy right?

latest
03ca7313234e14485d48ff6c54a3e84cbe213d59_hq.jpg

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They always redo styles. Asuna (SAO) is almost the same as Erina (Shokugeki). I swear I've seen a very similar character model used elsewhere also.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
They always redo styles. Asuna (SAO) is almost the same as Erina (Shokugeki). I swear I've seen a very similar character model used elsewhere also.

Whaaat? How can you think these look the same?

262053.jpg
latest

They're completely different! The eyes and nose alone are completely different shapes.

The ones I linked above though, you could show one and it could easily be mistaken for the other.

• 1Like