Fall 2017 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Shokugeki today... evil for the sake of evil. I always disliked that type of character.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Is this the arc I remember seeing mentioned by people that was supposed to suck? Cause as soon as the whole thing started (with his appearance during the Moon Festival) I had instant "uuugh" feelings.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
I just hope Soma's battle has some actual cooking in it. Or really anything besides just more examples of the bad guys being dicks. I think 2.5 episodes of that is enough.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is this the arc I remember seeing mentioned by people that was supposed to suck? Cause as soon as the whole thing started (with his appearance during the Moon Festival) I had instant "uuugh" feelings.
everything sucks past the first season.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman

Yup. The Azami administration arc has been kinda dragged out too long in the manga.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I still enjoy Shokugeki no soma tbh. The animation is still top notch and I lol quite a bit.

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Shokugeki has been crappy and boring this season, a real disappointment.
Not much cooking and now a ridiculous take over, not really looking forward to watching it each week.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Inuyashiki... Damn, that's one way of dealing with internet trolls. That kid is evil.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Inuyashiki... Damn, that's one way of dealing with internet trolls. That kid is evil.

He skipped right past punching people over the internet and right to shooting them in the face. Desire to know more intensifies.

• 1Worf

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just watched all of Inuyashiki, it was pretty lit. It reminds me alot of Parasyte in a way to the point it could be by the same person.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Just watched all of Inuyashiki, it was pretty lit. It reminds me alot of Parasyte in a way to the point it could be by the same person.

Funny thing about Parasyte is it was 25+ years old by the time it aired, the manga started in 1988 and the show wasn't until 2014. When I found out the manga was THAT old I was actually really impressed with what the show production crew did with modernizing it instead of leaving it in the past, ie the dad using a tablet instead of reading the newspaper and small stuff like that.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I finally got around to watching Your Name based off of this article reminding me it existed. Pretty good film. But it's one that I don't need to see a second time.

Agree, enjoyable film but kind of forgettable in that it's not that extraordinary. Some people seem to love it for some reason but it felt like another feature length sci-fi/fantasy/slice-of-life anime films you see being release lately.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Garo - 2nd half is story arc, apparently.
Inuyashiki - Well, that didn't last long. Damn good use of tech though.
Itsudatte - Not out yet.
Just Because - No ep this week.
Juuni Taisen - Blah blah plot and finally some good shit at the end.
Mahoutsukai no Yome - Elias is probably glad the UK has UHC.
Sangatsu no Lion - Slice of life drama llama. Love the art style.
Shokugeki no Souma - Throwaway episode to make glasses dude look like a badass.
UQ Holder - Harem +1
Fate/Apocryha - Still getting caught up.
Shoukoku no Altair - Time for some SMORES!

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just finished the 6th Light Novel for Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. They're translated and available for download onto a kindle from Amazon. Or you could pirate the first 4.

God damn, this book series is great. So much better than the anime. I read the first and second books, then tried re-watching the anime. Oh man, it's so bad. I've become a book purist. He's such a good writer though.
It also ends a little different than the Anime did. That fight with Deathspots was nothing like the book version. Plus, it makes the main character seem stronger than he is. He isn't strong, and he knows it. He just has good instincts, and gets lucky from time to time.

I've also read the first 6 light novels of Sword Art Online. The 6th one takes me to the end of the Gun Grave story arc, but I still have the next 2 to read to finish the second season of Anime. I'm going to pause for now and focus on DanMachi, just because I love the Anime that much. The first season, at least. I want to know what happens.

These light novels are pretty damn good, and I like that people have translated them and made them readable on the Kindle.

• 1Like