Fall 2018 Anime Thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
GS was fun. Really liked this weeks SAO episode.

Eugeo has the rose sword...what is Kirito carrying? Anyone notice that?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Goblin Slayer reminds me so much of Record of Lodoss War for some reason.

The strange like, worlds colliding thing they have going on, of the dungeons and dragons high fantasy nonsense world but also the really real world that GS lives in is pretty hilarious.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Very solid episode of Slime this week. He now has his first official antagonist. I liked the story involving the bitch guy also. It went well. And a possible Jap chick is in his future. Next episode is called Shizu, so maybe it's the Jap chick. Or maybe it's the ninja spy.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I just watched this week's Bunny Girl. I'm relieved. After reading Chyr's post last week about it focusing on different girls, I swore Bunny Girl would be out. She still has a very central role. Good on her.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
If you are enjoying Bunny girl, may as well watch the whole Monogatari series, which seems to be a huge inspiration for it.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
While i'm a huge lover of monogatari, bunny girl is a lot easier to get into.

Monogatari is very stylish but kind of hit or miss. You either will like it or just won't care for it, there's no real in between. It's also hard to figure out what the fuck goes where as far as episodes go. On CR it's all over the place and half of it is missing.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, have to admit that Monogatari is more highbrow than Bunny Girl in some way, with a lot more talking/internal monologues too and can be hard to follow.

It's a bit of a mess if you want to watch it in the chronological order but it's nowhere near necessary. I liked watching it in the release order because it keeps a bit of mystery regarding Kizumonogatari. And yeah, you might have to torrent to get the complete package.

Talking about Monogatari, can't wait for Zokuowarimonogatari which should be released in November.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I have no fucking clue what is going on in Index S3. Like am I supposed to have read the light novels or something? This just comes off as a rushed mess.

• 2Like

Malkav

French Madman
I have no fucking clue what is going on in Index S3. Like am I supposed to have read the light novels or something? This just comes off as a rushed mess.

Have you rewateched both seasons first, and rewatched Railgun too? It follows directly the end of Index S2, where the Roman Church attacked Academy City and Alistair created an artificial angel.

So, in S3, the first arc is about the Roman Church mouting the world opinion against Academy City. The second arc is about internal Academy City underground factions fucking shit up for a bunch of different reasons.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I rewatched both seasons last year. The first arc i was more or less able to follow but this current arc makes no sense; they are all over the place and there are like 5 new factions or some shit. It's always been the problem I had with this series, too many damn factions. Today's episode I had no idea who half these people were.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, if you aren't watching Tsurune, you should be. Definitely one of the better sports animes in a while. Plus you can make all of it about sexual innuendo since it's about boys playing with their bows and arrows.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah I rewatched both seasons last year. The first arc i was more or less able to follow but this current arc makes no sense; they are all over the place and there are like 5 new factions or some shit. It's always been the problem I had with this series, too many damn factions. Today's episode I had no idea who half these people were.

Yeah, there are a lot of players and we don't really have their motivations laid out, so to sum up, from the last episode, you have :
- GROUP : Accelerator's team, who works for Alistair but are kinda forced into it.
- MEMBER : the guy that got shot to death by Accelerator, the professor that attacked the other level 5 and the aztec girl. We have no fucking idea what they were doing and why they attacked those. Seems they are more developped in the LN indeed.
- BLOCK : the team with all the mercenaries, they just wanted to assassinate Alistair.
- SCHOOL : Kakine Teitoku's (the blond level 5) team. Their motivations have not been explained in the anime yet, I'd suspect it's coming later.
- ITEM : the group of girls that appeared in Railgun and currently seems to be a target for Kakine.

Yeah, Academy City underground factions are a fucking mess. It's always been way more simple to follow the magical side of things with the different religious factions.

• 2Like

Malkav

French Madman
If you're not watching Gridman, you're missing out. Can't believe Trigger is back to doing something good.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Gridman is great. An animated form of Ultraman.

It looks like Goblin Slayer is going to meet the Sword Princess (Priestess?) next episode. She was introduced really casually this episode as being part of the party that killed the Demon King.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
This season is the best season in a long time. So many Good shows to watch.

Thunderbolt Fantasy Season 2 (Shang Bu is the shit)
Gridman
Goblin Slayer
Katakuri Circus
Golden Kamuy Season 2
the time i became a slime
Radiant (it's improving imo)

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, there are a lot of players and we don't really have their motivations laid out, so to sum up, from the last episode, you have :
- GROUP : Accelerator's team, who works for Alistair but are kinda forced into it.
- MEMBER : the guy that got shot to death by Accelerator, the professor that attacked the other level 5 and the aztec girl. We have no fucking idea what they were doing and why they attacked those. Seems they are more developped in the LN indeed.
- BLOCK : the team with all the mercenaries, they just wanted to assassinate Alistair.
- SCHOOL : Kakine Teitoku's (the blond level 5) team. Their motivations have not been explained in the anime yet, I'd suspect it's coming later.
- ITEM : the group of girls that appeared in Railgun and currently seems to be a target for Kakine.

Yeah, Academy City underground factions are a fucking mess. It's always been way more simple to follow the magical side of things with the different religious factions.

Thanks, this helps. I remembered that all girl team from Railgun but the others were ???

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
This season is the best season in a long time. So many Good shows to watch.

Thunderbolt Fantasy Season 2 (Shang Bu is the shit)
Gridman
Goblin Slayer
Katakuri Circus
Golden Kamuy Season 2
the time i became a slime
Radiant (it's improving imo)

Radiant is actually good? I can only handle one shonen at a time with a retarded protagonist, and I've (for some reason) been keeping up with Black Clover. Gave Radiant one episode and, pretty much like any other show I drop, found myself not caring during episode two and turned it off.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Radiant is actually good? I can only handle one shonen at a time with a retarded protagonist, and I've (for some reason) been keeping up with Black Clover. Gave Radiant one episode and, pretty much like any other show I drop, found myself not caring during episode two and turned it off.
He gets a little less annoying but nowhere near as bad as Asta. Aparrently the producers decided to shonen up the main character to better fit Japanese tastes and this pissed off the french author. The show will follow the manga in later arcs. The art direction is great and the world is getting interesting. Last episode made me decide to stick with it.

• 1Like