Fall 2018 Anime Thread

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Started slime yesterday and really enjoying it, not really much else to watch this season anyways. The intro shows him in human form which will probably get to second half of the season? plus a whole lot of people who haven't been introduced yet, so I'm waiting on that, at least these first few episodes aren't boring and pointless as shit as Overlords lizard people arc was.

SAO in comparison is also fucking boring getting to that second half.

Goblin Slayer has been excellent, next ep should be great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Bunny girl senpai is my pick of the season, I was afraid they'd drop the ball when cycling to the next girl but it has remained excellent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's very dialog oriented and i love it. Also helps the MC isn't a pussy. Dude is hungry as fuck.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bunny girl senpai is my pick of the season, I was afraid they'd drop the ball when cycling to the next girl but it has remained excellent.
You've ready the LN or manga about this? I don't really know where the story is going, nor did I realize they were going to transition to another girl. Bunny girl is best girl, though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You've ready the LN or manga about this? I don't really know where the story is going, nor did I realize they were going to transition to another girl. Bunny girl is best girl, though.

No, but it's well known that it's split into 3-episode long chunks and each one has a new girl. I think there's 7 or so out so far, we'll probably get 4 in the first cour of the show.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I had no idea. I thought the entire story was going to be around the darling Bunny Girl. Oh well... =/

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So wtf is going on with Tokyo Ghoul? Did they just say fuck it and decide to smash as much of the rest of the manga/LN into one last season so they can say "ok it's done!" or is this what the manga/LN turned in to at this point in the story?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So wtf is going on with Tokyo Ghoul? Did they just say fuck it and decide to smash as much of the rest of the manga/LN into one last season so they can say "ok it's done!" or is this what the manga/LN turned in to at this point in the story?
kinda yea? from what my wife was telling me (she was more invested in the anime/manga)

The series (all the seasons) tried to correct the time jumps and skips? but not really?

• 2Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah they are going to cram the last 120 chapters of TG:re into 12 episodes, it's a clusterfuck. If you are interested in TG just read the manga, the anime kind of butchered the original manga and :re.

• 1Like

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Goblin Slayer is pretty legit - I regret starting it, just so I could binge it all when it was done.

What's the deal with the Bunny Girl?

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Goblin Slayer is pretty legit - I regret starting it, just so I could binge it all when it was done.

What's the deal with the Bunny Girl?
I have no idea what the deal with Bunny Girl is. About to watch episode 4 and all I can think of is FFS japaneese are wierd. Then I wonder what that makes me for watching 4 episodes.

• 2Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah they are going to cram the last 120 chapters of TG:re into 12 episodes, it's a clusterfuck. If you are interested in TG just read the manga, the anime kind of butchered the original manga and :re.

I liked it up through the first half of :re. First half of :re wasn't my favorite but it was still pretty good, saw the other week they were doing more and watched the first few of new season, was confused but figured maybe it would slow down but then watched the most recent 2 the other night and ended up just being confused and upset. Guess I don't have to worry about watching the rest.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like how they are showing the Goblin Slayer to be a single-minded murder machine, but also able to think way outside the box to get the job done.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, great end to that guy. That said, it was a great villain. Instantaneous regeneration is way too OP though. It would have also liked seeing him destroyed over and over again until his body began self-cannibalizing itself just to regenerate. That would be sweet as well. Then when he was good and weak, he would finally die due to his regeneration taking everything from him.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Which was a better episode 4 boss fight. GS vs Ogre. Eugeo vs Tree.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That tree was pretty badass...

Anyway, there's something that happened in the LN that wasn't mentioned at all in the anime, but it was implied by what Kirito was carrying.
I'll spoiler it just in case it's actually part of the next episode for some reason.

So the master Weapon smith of Rulid Village decided to give Kirito a gift for his assistance with felling the Demon Tree. He asked Kirito to cleave the top most branch off of the tree and allow him to create a sword from it. First up, Kirito designed the sword that he wanted most in life. It's actually a complete duplicate of the sword he had when trying to clear SAO and he became a dual wielder. The sword in question is the Elucidator.

So it takes the weapon smith a YEAR to turn this monstrous wood from the tree into the blade that Kirito has designed. And countless sharpening stones to make it perfect. This sword is actually rated at +1 higher than the Blue Rose divine item that Eugeo gathered from the cave, making it a level 46 object. The 1 year of crafting also gives Kirito enough time to teach Eugeo a lot of this Aincrad style type of Sword fighting. It's actually the type of fighting he learned back in SAO. So when they leave the village and you see the brown wrapped item over Kirito's shoulder, just know that it is probably the sword made from the tree that was built to be the perfect clone of Elucidator. The wooden sword is named the Night Sky Sword.

But then again, they might have changed it, and they talk about creating it in a few more episodes. Further spoiler about next week's episode:
So the title of next week's episode is Ocean Turtle. This is actually the ship owned in part by RATH (the company that created the fluctlight VR system and also the Japanese government. Kirito was attacked by an old Laughing Coffin player of SAO and injected with a deadly toxin. Asuna was there, and knew about this toxin, so when an ambulance arrived, she quickly told them what the cause of Kirito's comatose condition was. He is flown out to the Ocean Turtle after being administered an antidote for the Toxin, because he was still in a coma. They were worried that he would die, thus ruining the Japanese government & RATH's joint project in making a perfect AI. So Kirito is placed into the Alicization VR world at a 1,000 : 1 accelerated rate. This way his mind is able to rebuild itself from almost nothingness to be the Kirito he was before entering the project. So after existing in Alicization for the year while the weapon smith builds Kirito's weapon, only been a little over 8 hours IRL.
Sorry if this spoiled too much for you. You really shouldn't read these things if you aren't willing to hear it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The lesbian student council show is oddly hot. I'm sure the wives of some of you would like it. The 4th episode was on Friday.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru

Monday
  • Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - Slime

Tuesday
  • Conception – Kid warriors (no sex)

Wednesday

• Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouta dakedo Imouto ja Nai – Girl loves her brother and writes a light novels about it
  • Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai - Bunny girl

Friday
  • Gurazeni – Baseball Money
  • Hinomaru Sumo –Sumo Wrestling club
  • Irozuku Sekai no Ashite kara –Magic girl sees black & white
  • Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! – Maid loves white girl she's watching
  • Yagate Kimi ni Naru – Student council lesbians

Saturday

• Goblin Slayer – No description needed
  • SSSS.Gridman – Like animated Ultraman
  • Sword Art Online - No description needed

• 1Like