Fall 2018 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Slime is great, as is Bunny Girl. Goblin Slayer rules like Berserk. Except, I don't think they would remove nipples in Goblin Slayer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Regarding Goblin Slayer - That elven arrow was pretty sweet. And the episode ended on a high point. The guitar sound as the group left the clearing got me pumped... but then episode over.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Regarding Goblin Slayer - That elven arrow was pretty sweet. And the episode ended on a high point. The guitar sound as the group left the clearing got me pumped... but then episode over.
That party looks ridiculously op for goblin slaying, if that was EQ you'd think they'd be PLing that cleric...

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That party looks ridiculously op for goblin slaying, if that was EQ you'd think they'd be PLing that cleric...
Very true, but they did say Goblin King. He's easily 10 levels above the other goblins (equal to a platinum adventurer). He might have some AE spell that they wanted a priest around for, just to be safe. The group's build looks a little lacking as well. Ranger & 2 warriors. Goblin Slayer wears rogue items, but he's still a warrior. The plate helm is the biggest give away. From the look of things, they're probably just loot farming. It appears that they're in Highpass, about to enter High Keep. Watch out for trains.

The group's dumb though. High Keep doesn't drop anything of value. They should be in Solusek's Eye (soldunga), but maybe that's too advanced...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Goblin Slayer is really making me want to just pick up the manga.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah Goblin Slayer is really making me want to just pick up the manga.

I did this and it's good stuff. Unfortunately there's not a lot of it. Once this season is over, it will be a very long wait for season 2.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Depends how far along the light novel is. That's what causes a manga or anime to be created. Light Novels fuel everything.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, the ending of this weeks GS episode has me hyped for some large amounts of goblin slaying next week.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anime based on LN are often massive blueballers....

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I did this and it's good stuff. Unfortunately there's not a lot of it. Once this season is over, it will be a very long wait for season 2.
yea the show goes at a pace of
2 chapters per, they'll barely make it to sword maiden arc

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Was totally expecting Goblin Slayer to be some kiddy shit show with the title. After the rape scene, I knew that wasn't going to be the case. The show is wildly addicting.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to stop watching slime. It seems to be the Isekai type where the slime has retardedly OP abilities and nothing he runs into is interesting at all. Let me copy these 20 swords for you lulz. Stop this direwolf pack? Yeah whatever. Also upgrading all of you because go team!

Boring.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm going to stop watching slime. It seems to be the Isekai type where the slime has retardedly OP abilities and nothing he runs into is interesting at all. Let me copy these 20 swords for you lulz. Stop this direwolf pack? Yeah whatever. Also upgrading all of you because go team!

Boring.

Yeah, it's going that way for me too. I'll probably give it another episode or two, but it's just not that interesting so far. I'm also just about ready to give up on SAO. It's a good looking show (A-1 seems like they're trying to be Ufotable lite), but it's really slow so far and I'm finding it hard to care about what's going on.

Thankfully Goblin Slayer and Bunny Girl are excellent, and Zombieland Saga is amusing enough to keep me watching it. Maybe I'll give Index another shot. I started on it about a year ago and got distracted around episode 20 or so and never went back to it.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Stick with SAO. It definitely started off slow, but this arc is incredible. So much shit happens. It's pretty sweet. But at the same time, it's nothing at all like the previous arcs.

Very soon Kirito & Eugeo cut down the giant tree. Then they decide to become sword fighters as their new career. It gets really good at that point. Might be an episode or two away, but next episode unlocks their ability to use the Blue Rose sword (By raising their object handling skill) after they defeat the goblin team in the cave.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker

Boring.

Thats how i felt about like any MMO based anime i watched, which this one kinda seems like as well? I'll still check it out for a few more episodes. Infinite plot armor = zzzz

• 2Like