Fall 2018 Anime Thread

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Actually, Black Clover's episode was also pretty good. This week's anime were excellent - Goblin Slayer, Slime, Black Clover, and Sword Art Online.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Slime is another 'OP character can't lose' type of show. It's similar to "How Not To Summon a Demon Lord" & even "Knight's & Magic" in that regard. It's just done very well. The world building is there. Looks like there's a lot of potential, but who can really be sure until it's all flushed out. I guess unless you read the light novels and actually know. I haven't started them yet.

And @Bragon, I agree. Sumo is one of my favorite shows of the season, and I'm happy that it's continuing next season. It gives me a "My Hero Academia" type of vibe where the MC does well because he tries so hard, despite being at a physical disadvantage. He's told that he's a piece of shit and he'll never amount to anything, but he'll show them! (Now that I type that, I guess it's like Naruto also.) Boy-made-good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Goblin Slayer definitely showed exactly what was on the shields; it just didn't have full frontal to go along with it. Badass episode.

Slime is just... I mean it's oddly cathartic watching the episodes. He's just a normal 30 year old japanese guy who turns into a badass shaped like a slime. With all the funny idiosyncrasies associated with that. Him whooping ass is just sort of completely enjoyable. Will be interesting when he fights one of the demon lords or "majin" but for the most part, he's a level 60 hanging out in Stranglethorn Vale at this point. Just mercing shit and going "Oh man I did -that- much damage? Lol k."

Really fun stuff.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Slime is another 'OP character can't lose' type of show. It's similar to "How Not To Summon a Demon Lord" & even "Knight's & Magic" in that regard. It's just done very well. The world building is there. Looks like there's a lot of potential, but who can really be sure until it's all flushed out. I guess unless you read the light novels and actually know. I haven't started them yet.

I like that it's overall pretty constructive. He's building up his village and minions, improving their quality of life etc, rather than just running around randomly beating up stuff. He's also generally a decent guy, where anime heroes have a tendency to be completely insufferable.

Slime and Bunny girl are my picks for the best this season, which wasn't what I was expecting going in. SAO is.. fine I guess, Index I have no idea what the fuck is going on half the time.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
The other thing I like about Slime is that he is not single handedly handling everything.

He pretty much made his crew OP by naming them and they are actually useful.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The wolf has now upgraded again. It rules. He has the best minions. I'm waiting for him to either name the lizard Chieftain or the Daughter. Good times will come from that.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
Ya the retarded son gave me more entertainment in one episode than the whole OL lizard arc

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
they strike a good balance between his retardation and SOME awareness of combat / strats.

Like he's full of himself and in over his head, but he's not a complete idiot when it comes to observing and combat tactics.

• 2Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Akagi, Kaiji and One Outs are still 3 of my fav all time series all these years later. I wish for more Kaiji.

• 2Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Something about Gabiru's animation and antics kind of reminds me of Excalibur from Soul Eater. Could be the pointy face; not sure. But both crack me up.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>

tenor.gif

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Good finish to GS. Looking for to the next arc. Hopefully he grows and becomes a monster slayer :D

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users