Fall 2018 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm surprised that no one has started this thread so far. I haven't really seen any mention of the coming shows with the exception of Sword Art Online season 3 (can't wait) and it being a really long runner of 40+ episodes.

Here's the official list, though. I wish there was a way to import this list onto the thread.
Fall 2018 Anime Chart - Television | LiveChart.me

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai

Genre: Animation, Comedy

First aired: 2018-10-04

Creator: Souichi Masui, Masahiro Yokotani

Overview: Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Puberty Syndrome—a rumored, mysterious syndrome that only affects those in their puberty. For example, a bunny girl suddenly appeared in front of Sakuta Azusagawa. The bunny girl's real identity is Mai Sakurajima, a teenage celebrity who is currently an inactive high school senior. For some reason, her charming figure does not reflect in the eyes of others. In the course of revealing the mystery behind this phenomenon, Sakuta begins to explore his feelings towards Mai. Set in a city where the skies and seas shine, Sakuta unfolds the meaning behind his bizarre encounters on women with the said syndrome.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm surprised that no one has started this thread so far. I haven't really seen any mention of the coming shows with the exception of Sword Art Online season 3 (can't wait) and it being a really long runner of 40+ episodes.

Here's the official list, though. I wish there was a way to import this list onto the thread.
Fall 2018 Anime Chart - Television | LiveChart.me

Pick a show and I'll set the poster for you.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Shows I'm waiting for:

Gurazeni Season 2 - I enjoyed the first season of this. It's the "money baseball" show from 2 or so seasons ago. The MC is a left handed pitcher that values everyone by how much money they're earning compared to himself.
Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki - This is a show about a Chinese RPG. I really enjoyed the previous Chinese gamer show, so I'll give this one a shot also.
Goblin Slayer - For some reason, it makes me think of Grimgar. Mainly because Goblins was the whole thing about season 1. I'll give it a shot.
Sword Art Online - Duh, this is going to be great. I really enjoy this story arc from the light novels.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Pick a show and I'll set the poster for you.
Cutsey stripper looking one.
Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai
2nd row, 3rd column.

But maybe also the rape hotel one.
Shuudengo, Capsule Hotel de, Joushi ni Binetsu Utawaru Yoru.
11th row, 3rd column.

Bunny girl will probably look better as a small avatar, though.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
No TMDB entry for that one, so find another that's on TMDB or we'll have to wait for it to be entered there.

Here's the chart:

Fall 2018.jpg

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Making the thread was on my to-do list today, but I'll admit I'm not that hyped for this season.

First glance, the only things catching my eye are Golden Kamuy S2, Goblin Slayer and Index S3. Oh and of course the new Monogatari movie but who knows when we'll be able to get it with subs outside of Japan.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Making the thread was on my to-do list today, but I'll admit I'm not that hyped for this season.

I'm in the same boat. I'll give SAO a chance, but nothing else strikes me as worth my time so far. Maybe this will be a season to check out some older shows that I haven't seen.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I’m looking forward to Sword Art Online. I started reading the light novels but got distracted. I really like Alice and Eugeo’s characters though.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru / Bloom Into You. It’s romance and it’s Yuri so it’s going to be very niche but I’m really looking forward to this one. The manga is excellent. If you watched, and liked, Citrus last year give this one a chance. It’s nowhere near as angsty and it’s a cute story.

• 1Like

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Goblin Slayer originated as a Light Novel that resulted in 3 spin off manga now. If they can give it the same tone it should be good.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only ones that stand out immediately:

Goblin Slayer
Sword Art
Radiant

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Set it to Goblin Slayer for now, as that's one of the only shows that's actually in TMDB right now. If you guys want it changed later when they get more shows, let me know.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I see there's an Ingres anime coming up. Is this based on the Google AR game for your phone?

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's Raidant and Thunderbolt Fantasy season 2 (fuck 'em for not listing it) for me. Hopefully there will be a couple of surprises like there usually is.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Since we're changing threads I guess. Mirio's power in MHA is some bullshit.

I get that he had to train extremely hard to gain that kind of control as the quirk has some equally crazy limitations. But awesome. I really like the MHA universe and how it uses the idea of superpowers is very unique. I've never read or hear of a superhero universe where all the abilities generally had extreme drawbacks. Only if you're very creative and work at it can you actually use it to great effect. MHA is probably one of my top 5 universes for that alone.

I do hope they explore some of the other characters who generally seem to have much weaker powers. Like the sugar rush guy.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, Mirio is a total badass. Looks like we'll have to wait til Winter+ to get the 4th season though, but it'll be great.

• 2Like

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Ok, I have to admit that I just openly whined like an 8 yr old at the end of MHA just now. I NEEDS IT TO CONTINUE NOOOOOWWWWWW!

And Goblin Slayer looks like a poor man's Grimgar, but hopefully it's good. (Has there been any word on Grimgar continuing?)

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the company that did the backgrounds was shut down so if there is a second season it's probably not going to look the same. Pity as the water color backgrounds were some of the best and most artistic in the past few years for a TV anime.

• 2Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database