Fall 2018 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This week's Slime was solid. He can now upgrade everyone with names. Might be due to the internal Dragon. Or maybe it's just because he was also named. Will future kids in the named goblin families also be named by their parents, or will they just be "goblin" once more?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like that Slime set the stage for Goblin Riders by having the Dire wolves partner up with them, lol. Also, the super tail-wag hurricane effect was funny.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
lol goblin slayer, i'll watch the rest of this series. I was cracking up more than anything on the first episode (havent watched the 2nd yet). Couldn't stop internally calling the small goblin that smashed, the throb goblin

people making it sound like its fucked up, i expected much worse

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Decided to start reading Goblin Slayer, I think I'm on issue 12 and man the manga is way more brutal

If they include the human shields during the assult on the farm the snowflakes are going to lose their shit

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Decided to start reading Goblin Slayer, I think I'm on issue 12 and man the manga is way more brutal

If they include the human shields during the assult on the farm the snowflakes are going to lose their shit
you notice how some of the adventures just one arm the human shield, lulz

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
What day does new goblin slayer come out?

Also:
Nothing better happen to the big titty farm girl reeeeeeeeeee

• 1Like

iamragnarok

Trakanon Raider
This week's Slime was solid. He can now upgrade everyone with names. Might be due to the internal Dragon. Or maybe it's just because he was also named. Will future kids in the named goblin families also be named by their parents, or will they just be "goblin" once more?
It's the way that Isekai works. Think of a named npc vs npc and you will get a gist of it. Naming a monster means giving away a portion of your magical power and the receiving end has a chance to be upgraded to a new class.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Not an issue for me but it was nice having to download fewer shows while it lasted. I skimmed through the article but didn't see anything about CR losing the subbed portion of the shared content, so is it only the dubs leaving? Because if so, no big loss IMO. Only dubbed show I've watched in a long time was the new Steins Gate because I watched the original dubbed and just wanted the continuity. Plus it's nice to not have to stare at the bottom of the screen for once.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's the way that Isekai works. Think of a named npc vs npc and you will get a gist of it. Naming a monster means giving away a portion of your magical power and the receiving end has a chance to be upgraded to a new class.
Is that an isekai trope or just something slime made up?

Also sucks about the fun/cr thing. I like using the fun dubbed episodes to catch up on series' i have missed in the past since i just can listen in while i do things in the background and not have to read sub titles.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
They did get some subbed content from Funimation IIRC, but not a lot. I have been subbed to VRV for a while and might go back to CR to save a few bucks depending on if they get anything good from HIDIVE that CR didn't already have.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ozfzq8wu6vs11.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
WTF happened to Highschool of the dead?
The writer and original artist had a falling out, the writer had heart disease plus he didn't feel that post-apocalyptic genre was appropriate following the 2011 earthquake, and then he later died.

• 1Like

iamragnarok

Trakanon Raider
Is that an isekai trope or just something slime made up?
It's not an Isekai trope. Re: Monster has a *leveling* system similar to this, but it doesn't involve naming, monsters in that world just awake to new race/class when they hit max level.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
This slime show is pretty entertaining lol

Is Overlord one big series or is it different for each one? the whole 1 2 and 3 throw me off.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This slime show is pretty entertaining lol

Is Overlord one big series or is it different for each one? the whole 1 2 and 3 throw me off.
Should be one big series, but season 2 was rather bland until the last few episodes.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Cool I’ll check them out

It’s really conflicting watching goblin slayer and slime at the same time hahahah

• 1Like