Fall 2022 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah Sword is great and Fran is a cinnamon bun.

Akiba Maid Wars is probably the WTF show of the season. As in "what if maid cafés were in fact rival gangs".
Finally had a chance to sit down and watch Akiba Maid Wars. I had a lot of questions with the characters, setting, and that awful intro song. But holy shit, the scene where the letter was opened and the dancing scene that came next made me lose it. I was laughing my ass off. If the show can keep that up, it'll be a masterpiece.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does Kaminari's quirk include something to do with chopping onions? I feel like someone is chopping onions.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
First episode of Eminence in Shadow gives me hope they're gonna do it justice, they nailed the MC and the animation and violence was great. Reincarnated as a Sword is also up there, seems like a lot of fun with good animation and lots of fighting.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah both seemed good. Shadow I thought was a different show when I started it so I was kinda confused til I checked anichart against the show title. Made a lot more sense then.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I know we tend to avoid the more mainstream ones in here but...

Fuck you that episode of Bleach was the shit. I'm hyped as fuck for this.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The new episode of Gundam is out, and it introduced a new character. Lady Prospera. She's got a really full amazing voice. It vaguely reminds me of Faye from Cowboy Bebop.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Theres a new season of legend of galactic hero's out on crunchyroll, suprised how little press this gets since it's a fantastic space opera.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why aren't more people talking about MHA? That was a great episode for so early in the season.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I quickly browsed most of the new shows, and I have way too god damn many that I still like. I'm going to lower this list by at least half soon enough, but here's my list for now.

Monday:
Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei (Management of Novice Alchemist) - Girl's in school to be an alchemist. The opening credits is an all girl MMO-style dungeon group. Then it's back to the alchemist girl saying bye to her parents which are going to travel, and they end up dead from bandits on the trip. So she's now an orphan and gets to go to the Alchemist school and has to make a high level potion to graduate just because the one teacher fucked up and put the wrong ingrediants on the table. This is a decent show. Hardly Full Metal Alchemist, but I still like it. I'm glad the entire education only took 1/2 of the first episode.

Tuesday:
Shinobi no Ittoki (Ninja Ittoki) - High school kid takes "cram school" classes 6 days a week, and gymnastics class 4 times a week. His parents run a store. And this girl that's his neighbor (also goes to school with him), watches to make sure he never skips a class. She's like a guardian. He meets some new girl at school that wants to go out with him, but family says no. He goes out anyway and after stripping, he thinks its a prank and sees a bunch of Ninja that are hiding in her room. Turns out the people in his family are also Ninja, so they protect him. Interesting story. I'll watch it some more.

Wednesday:
Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! (The Eminence in Shadow) - I can't really describe the first half of show very well. It seems nicely animated. This appears to be more of a drama with a little action mixed in, but I'm not sure about that either. MC girl works for me. Crowbar guy is really badass. By he end of the episode, this is very much action. I enjoyed it.
---
Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita (Reincarnated as a Sword) - Sword keeps leveling up, then begins working with a "black cat girl" as her sword. The swords abilites transfer to the girl, and she gets stronger.

Thursday:
Mushikaburi Hime (Bibliophile Princess) - Girl loves reading more than anything else. 1st prince is pestered by queen to find a bride, so the two get ingaged so he'll be left alone and she can read the royal archives without bother. Now the archives have been closed to her and people are distancing themselves from her. It's an intreaguing show, but it's lame at the same time. Now she's a dumb girl being jealous of another because all she cares about is reading. I'll give it a few more episodes just to see if anything of merrit takes place.
---
Akiba Maid Sensou - Maid cafe gang wars. Silly show but animated remarkably well. This show started off strange. Piggy maid cafe, and then it became this J-Pop singing dancing mafia slaughter. Haha, I love it. Very... Gun-Fu

Friday:
Boku no Hero Academia - It's back, and I love this show. That's enough to make me happy.

Saturday:
Beast Tamer - Guy "tames" a legendary cat spirit, which is really strong at fighting. Turns out he can also tame everything else. It's another OP style show.
---
Noumin Kanren no Skill bakka Agetetara Nazeka Tsuyoku Natta (I've Somehow Gotten Stronger When I Improved my Farm-Related Skills) - Right off the bat, really shitty CGI animation. It was very blocky and slow. Probably rendered on a 486 with a 3DFX VooDoo2. That aside, even though it's a dumb show, it's an isekai show. I'm in for now.
---
Akuyaku Reijou nanode Last Boss wo Kattemimashita (I'm the Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss) - It's a reverse disney princess story, and honestly.. it isn't bad. I'll give it a few episodes.
---
Koukyuu no Karasu (Raven of the Inner Palace) - Strange show. It throws a lot of chinese names, but is clearly speaking in japanese. It's about this 16 year old girl who somehow works for the Emperor, but at the same time, doesn't. I don't yet know if I like it, but I'll watch another episode or two.
---
Berserk - The Golden Age Arc Memorial Edition - It's Berserk. My love for you is ticking clock, berserker. Would you like to suck my cock, berserker? This is just a retelling of Berserk, starting from the beginning. Animation is very good. I think it's CGI, but it at least looks like high quality animation. And it's very violent just like Berserk always is.
---
Blue Lock - I can see the show will probably be entertaining. The first episode was decent, but it doesn't hold a candle to Ao Ashi, which just finished a 2-cour first season. That said, I don't want to drop it right away. I'll give it a few more episodes to see if I get a bigger liking of it.

Sunday:
Mobile Suit Gundam - The Witch from Mercury - Badass new Gundam that isn't intended for children (similar to Iron-Blooded Orphans). The animation is the best I've ever seen for Gundam. It looks remarkable, and the story is off to a really strong start.
---
Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman (More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers) - Interesting concept. High School gets kids prepared for marriage by pairing them up and getting them to live together in a dorm. Now you get the idea of married responsabilities towards your spouse. It's rom-com style, but not terrible. If you're in the top 10% of the class, you can swap partners with other top 10% people. So everyone wants to be the best in order to get who they really want. Maybe it's my previous single mentality (even though I've been married for 14 years), but this show isn't bad. As much as I don't want to care about it, it kept my attention.

Ok, that's everything that I like right now. I'll fine tune the list shortly.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Holy fuckballs, why does Gundam do this to me every time? First scene in the prologue and the onion ninjas are already out in full force.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Are just gonna not talk about Gundam and how times have changed.

Ok.. i guess..

I liked the first couple of episodes. It felt very "expansy" to me which I loved. I like how everything was drawn to huge sizes.

BTW New Basilisk show is also decent, Shinobi no Ittoki (Ninja Ittoki) is the name.

Bros the other day a guildy who is an avid anime watcher.. told me he has never heard of Basilisk.. i was ... wtf mate...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know we tend to avoid the more mainstream ones in here but...

Fuck you that episode of Bleach was the shit. I'm hyped as fuck for this.
Yea, Ep1 was great. Glad I can't recall much from the manga arc covering this. Its an impossible ask, but I sure hope they can maintain the animation quality for all 52 episodes.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Isn't the Berserk release this season literally just the 3 part movie that came out a few years ago, chopped up into 30 minute blocks?

Like, it's not new animation or anything is it? I started watching the episode and was just like, oh yeah this is the movie.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Isn't the Berserk release this season literally just the 3 part movie that came out a few years ago, chopped up into 30 minute blocks?

Like, it's not new animation or anything is it? I started watching the episode and was just like, oh yeah this is the movie.

Supposedly they have tweaked the CGI a bit but there are also going to be some new scenes that didn't make the movies.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That was pretty damn good. My only complaint is that Makima's VA sounds too young to me, but that's pretty nitpicky.

I really hope we get to see everything that the into was hinting at.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
started off with CG and i was like oh god not again. rest of the episode delivered though!

• 1Like