Fallout 4

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The real answer is play both. If you want to be cheap about it buy Witcher 3 GOTY since it is 50. Fallout doesn't have a GOTY edition yet so you'd have to buy a 60 dollar game plus all the full priced DLC to get the full experience. Play W3 first and sooner or later Fallout 4 will get it's GOTY treatment and you can buy that one then.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How does this stack up to Witcher 3? I'm thinking about buying either of those or just playing New Vegas again. Looking at reviews makes it sound like Witcher 3 beats Fallout 4 hands down, but what does FoH think?

Very hard to compare but play both.

Let me put it this way. I'm the biggest Fallout fanboy I know and my two favorite games last year were easily W3 and F4.

New Vegas is my all time favorite tied with Fallout 1/2 if that helps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I greatly prefer the sandbox of Fallout/The Elderscrolls. Witcher 3 got maybe 15-20hours out of me tops. FO4 got 159hours. (Steam lists skyrim at 119. which I think might have time missing.)

Fo4 is definitely not perfect. Definitely shallow pond at times.. lotta content, not very deep.
Survival adds alot imho. I really like the town building. but, its still hampered by being too superficial, not deep enough.

Agree with this. I can acknowledge how great of a game Witcher 3 is, it's definitely a truer RPG. Fallout's world and game was just more "fun" for me. It has it's shallowness, but you just hop in and kinda fuck around. Just a fun game.

Also you should never have to pay $60 for these games. Look around, you can find both of these consistently around $20-30 before DLC.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you like RPGs at all, no reason no to do both Fallout 4 and Witcher 3.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Edit: Some stupid site claiming that Obsidian is working on Fallout: New Vegas 2.

This is why there is violence in the world. Can't play with people's emotions like this. I want to cut a bitch now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
That article is 100% wrong. That teaser picture they use as evidence is most likely in reference to Pillars of Eternity 2 where the storyline is a god awakening and wreaking havoc.

Edit: Hell, that exact quote is used in the Announce trailer for PoE 2.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
giphy.gif

'Fallout: New Vegas 2'? Developer Obsidian Teases Work On A New Game [TWEET]

Report: Could Fallout: New Vegas 2 Finally Be Happening?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!

Both of those "news" articles refer back to the Fraghero article that is using an "unnamed source" and a teaser pic to make the claim that New Vegas 2 is a thing. As I posted above, the teaser pic is almost certainly teasing Pillars of Eternity 2. The Fraghero article doesn't even have a writer linked to it, it's just listed under "Fraghero team". It's 100% clickbait.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I just started FO4. Hopefully I installed the right mods to enhance but not ruin the game. aka almost entirely UI related stuff. Unfortunately, over and year and a bunch of patches later there's still nothing that fixes the hard-coded button prompts in all menus (Dev_UI fixes some)

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
Bethesda is going to release a high res texture pack for PC and a PS4 Pro update next week Bethesda.net
The recommended specs for the texture pack are insane: additional 58GB of space and a 1080 card!
Going to download that anyway even tho my PC doesn't meet the requirements.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I certainly wouldn't call it tiny. The PS2 era textures for the PC drove me bonkers. They seem to be all gone and the game is much better looking. However, it's not exactly a titanic improvement, and 60 gigs for a texture pack is ridiculous. But if you have the free space and hardware to take advantage, go for it.

Fadaar

That guy
Settlements are the biggest area that needs modding to not be total shit, mostly because the build count is set far too low initially. At the very least get the mod that lets you build more stuffs so you can do dumb shit like I have: