Fallout 4

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

You don't need mods to boost your build limit. Just drop weapons on the ground, go into workshop mode, put all the weapons into your workshop. Each weapon you remove/store removes build limit bar.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Lithograph arrived today.

Join me on the oil rig before 2077 bros.

IMG_7360.JPG

IMG_7361.JPG

IMG_7362.JPG

IMG_7364.JPG

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm really starting to like FO4, or rather fall into it. Well, not really fall into it either. More like being carried across the goal line and spiked by EA/BW.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Think you are.

I'm stating that because BioWare didn't deliver on ME:A, it is driving me to play FO. Hence the "carried across the goal line and spiked by EA/BW".

Cybsled

322/500 lol. You could probably resell that to a DOTA2 pro player who loves Fallout 4 for a tidy profit, just for the meme value.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So replaying FO4 and all the DLCs since I never did a single one. What are some good mods?

Also is there any secret to getting constant fps? I have a 980 ti and even overclocked to 1425mhz @ 1080p I still get lots of dipping down in to 30s even urban areas.

Cybsled

Good mod is Tales from the Commonwealth. Adds some new companions, radio station, and quests and is really well done.

I also got the Synth Production facility mod and completely populated my vault with Piper clones lol

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So replaying FO4 and all the DLCs since I never did a single one. What are some good mods?

Also is there any secret to getting constant fps? I have a 980 ti and even overclocked to 1425mhz @ 1080p I still get lots of dipping down in to 30s even urban areas.

There are several mods that optimizes the base textures for a (what can be dramatic) increase in FPS. That said, the base game textures are so unoptimized that even high rez texture packs will give better performance than the default.

IE: Add
Fallout 4 - Texture Optimization Project at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Then overwrite that with

Optimized Vanilla Textures at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

They don't conflict, and together will definitely give a FPS boost from default (while also looking better)

Also
FPS dynamic shadows - Shadow Boost at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
There are several mods that optimizes the base textures for a (what can be dramatic) increase in FPS. That said, the base game textures are so unoptimized that even high rez texture packs will give better performance than the default.

IE: Add
Fallout 4 - Texture Optimization Project at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Then overwrite that with

Optimized Vanilla Textures at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

They don't conflict, and together will definitely give a FPS boost from default (while also looking better)

Also
FPS dynamic shadows - Shadow Boost at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Hmm went to install TOP and I have no archive2.exe in my fo4 folder. Where do you get that?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Hah did not, but I did solve my performance issues.

Turned out to be a combination of a some scrapping mods and turning up gridstoload past 5. Still get the occasional drop below 60 but 90% of the time its above it.

Have to say good God FO4 is massive. I have 50+ hours on the current play through and Ive barley talked to virgil and dima today. Haven't even touched nuka world at all.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Hah did not, but I did solve my performance issues.

Turned out to be a combination of a some scrapping mods and turning up gridstoload past 5. Still get the occasional drop below 60 but 90% of the time its above it.

Have to say good God FO4 is massive. I have 50+ hours on the current play through and Ive barley talked to virgil and dima today. Haven't even touched nuka world at all.

I've played about 110 hours, with about 10 of those hours being the two times that I couldn't get into the game at all. The other 100 are one continuous game, I've just completed Vault 88 and The Mechanist. Still haven't touched Nuka World or Far Harbor yet. But at least I'm inside the top 3%. I figure that usually if I get in the top 2, I'm golden. On a game this big, I figure that top 6-8% is good enough.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm back playing this after finished Witcher 3.. It's still such a good game.

Yeah I started a new survival playthrough where you skip concord and the shitty minutemen all together. You will never have to talk to Preston if you want. You can just run by him and get the perception bobblehead, OD Mama worthless and take the suit.