Fallout 4

Skanda

I'm Amod too!

If everything Sid says is true than WTF.

If you have any free mods loaded in your game the Microtransaction mods won't even load.
It forces all mods to load in alphabetical order which plays havoc with Nexus mods. Fuck your load order.
All mod files are preloaded onto your system, even if you don't buy them.
Bethesda pays the mod dev a flat fee, reportedly roughly 10-12 dollars per hour depending on dev time, and the dev gets no royalties at all. They actually made it worse than the Steam paid mods deal was.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

Barrowed my son’s disk. Find out I really enjoy it. If I purchase Digital GOTY edition, will it access my previous save?

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fallout's 20th anniversary today. I can't believe I'm that old. Someone give me some jet.

Also FO1 is free on steam. Anyone wants to head with me in 3 weeks to Goodsprings IRL let me know :)

I go every year.

IMG_9803.jpg

• 1Like

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
I never played much fallout 4, (only a few hours on ps4). There were some exciting, action filled, and immersive sequences. However, I am aware of the abomination that is the Creation Club, having really enjoyed the universe I have a few questions before I consider buying it and I know you guys will just give it to me straight.

1. Although the mod scene is not looking too hot right now, would this alone be reason enough to buy a copy for myself on PC? (was the base game in its entirety produced well enough to validate your purchase?)

2. Is any of the DLC worth purchasing?

a. Should I just snag the base game for 30$ and only buy a select few of expansions for later or just wait until the GOTY edition ever goes on sale?

Thanks for helping out a potential wastelander.

Sulrn

Deuces
I never played much fallout 4, (only a few hours on ps4). There were some exciting, action filled, and immersive sequences. However, I am aware of the abomination that is the Creation Club, having really enjoyed the universe I have a few questions before I consider buying it and I know you guys will just give it to me straight.

1. Although the mod scene is not looking too hot right now, would this alone be reason enough to buy a copy for myself on PC? (was the base game in its entirety produced well enough to validate your purchase?)

a. Should I just snag the base game for 30$ and only buy a select few of expansions for later or just wait until the GOTY edition ever goes on sale?

1. My vote is yes / no. Yes the mod scene is worth purchasing the game for (eventually), but no the game was not produced well enough (it's polished for a Bethesda game, but somewhat bland overall).

2. If you're in no rush, I would certainly wait for the eventual GOTY edition. Especially right now while Bethesda is dealing with a nasty case of foot in mouth disease. Most of the DLCs are lower than free-mod tier quality although they do add some fun mechanics (that were already available in free mod form).

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

1. I usually put the minimum amount of hours in games and I dropped 135ish in this. I'd say yes. It's a fun setting, and it's fun to just get insanely powerful and destroy shit. I enjoyed it a lot. Then again, I'm someone who thought Skyrim was sort of boring, the gun play with Bethesda's (sorta shitty engine) makes it "good enough", mindless fun.

2. N/A. Haven't played any of the DLC yet.
3. Imagine it'd be worth it if I had to take a guess.

Sulrn

Deuces

This video illustrates pretty much how I feel about FO4 exactly.

• 1Like

Brad2770

I played Fallout 1 and 2 when they released and loved them. I played FO3, but had a hard time adjusting to the first person view. I played probably 2 hours on a borrowed game. I didn’t touch it anymore.

My son got this when it came out and I watched him play it. The game looks great and I saw things that I knew I would enjoy. I didn’t feel like dropping used amount on game plus season pass. When I saw GOTY addition, I picked it up. I have put in quite a bit of time. I really like building the settlements.

My complaints:

1) Mysterious Stranger has launched several of my kills so far away there is no chance at finding the body to loot. Happened to two legendary mobs.

2) The skeletons that make noise if you bump then sometimes bug out and start making a shit load of noise. It just sits there and vibrates. Especially annoying if you’re hunkered down in combat.

3) The companions path horribly. I use Ada the most and “she” sometimes runs back in forth in front of me when I’m trying snipe or shoot from a distance.

4) The settlements will bug out and say you don’t have enough defense or beds when in fact you have more than enough.

5) I had some chump sell me a Brahmin only to have it torched back at the settlement less than 15 minutes from purchase.

Even with the flaws, I’m really having a lot of fun.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Until the retards stop buying this horse shit, thats all we will ever get more of in the future.

I honestly want to know why the fuck people buy shitty fucking microtransaction bullshit. Youre literally ruining your video games by doing it.

• 1Salty

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Until the retards stop buying this horse shit, thats all we will ever get more of in the future.

I honestly want to know why the fuck people buy shitty fucking microtransaction bullshit. Youre literally ruining your video games by doing it.

*armored horse shit

Sulrn

Deuces
I'm more concerned over gamers buying from devs that literally tell you, "Fuck you - your opinions mean nothing to us."

It's one thing to hide behind creative license in the face of feedback, but another to denigrate your fan base. Both Bioware and Bethesda have done this in recent gaming history. yet people are still supporting them. Supporting devs like that is how you end up with games travesties like Aliens: Colonial Marines and Mass Effect: Andromeda (or Creation Club or freemium content in paid games).

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

1) yeah

2) Far Harbor and Nuka World were great. Wait for GOTY if you want because I enjoyed those 2 DLC especially Far Harbor.

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
GOTY is already out, but I'm waiting for the first sale, either halloween or for christmas I guess.

• 1Like