Fallout 4

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I will say I am not looking forward to the Settlement system. I like exploring and the narrative and shit. But base management could be fucking lame. My one fear for this game.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
But base management could be fucking lame. My one fear for this game.
You can build a generator along with a bunch of LED panels and make a giant middle finger. Nothing that lets you do that can be all bad.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Which is why I'm not expecting much but a dedicated housing zone. I'm sure there will be some cool creations and perhaps even some useful things for crafting or storage but it really could of been much more.

If you want me to build something, let me recruit people and create an entire settlement. Doctors, caravans, schools, shops etc.. Create an actual wasteland city that absolutely needs defenses, requires good design for water, food and let me make a Megatown myself that requires me to actually create and defend it. Story can even culminate with a big battle there as you piss off one faction or another in your travels. Throw in some mutant attacks, trade runs that you can clear out trade routes for supplies and caps.

At least it serves a purpose in game and has value to the story and advancement. Plus value since it can be lost. The personal housing stuff is fine for some people but I'd rather not play Barbie Dream House in my Fallout game. They can do better.

Cybsled

If you think Dayz Epoch base building in FO4 sucks, then don't do it.

I'll be making my town of own in the meantime.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Which is why I'm not expecting much but a dedicated housing zone. I'm sure there will be some cool creations and perhaps even some useful things for crafting or storage but it really could of been much more.

If you want me to build something, let me recruit people and create an entire settlement. Doctors, caravans, schools, shops etc.. Create an actual wasteland city that absolutely needs defenses, requires good design for water, food and let me make a Megatown myself that requires me to actually create and defend it. Story can even culminate with a big battle there as you piss off one faction or another in your travels. Throw in some mutant attacks, trade runs that you can clear out trade routes for supplies and caps.

At least it serves a purpose in game and has value to the story and advancement. Plus value since it can be lost. The personal housing stuff is fine for some people but I'd rather not play Barbie Dream House in my Fallout game. They can do better.
Yeah they've already said you will build an entire settlement. Multiple settlements. That as they grow, people will show up to sell goods and such. And that you can set up trade routes and caravans running between them. And that there will be multiple places to build in.

And that they can be raided by raiders and you'll need to build up fortifications and stuff to repel them.

Basically all this stuff you're saying they need, if you go watch the 22 minute gameplay video, and of course if we can trust that what they said in that video is true, are in.

Skip to about 9 minutes in

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah they've already said you will build an entire settlement. Multiple settlements. That as they grow, people will show up to sell goods and such. And that you can set up trade routes and caravans running between them. And that there will be multiple places to build in.

And that they can be raided by raiders and you'll need to build up fortifications and stuff to repel them.

Basically all this stuff you're saying they need, if you go watch the 22 minute gameplay video, and of course if we can trust that what they said in that video is true, are in.

Skip to about 9 minutes in

I hadn't seen that yet. The video I saw only showed a little tidbit of building and then went into crafting. That does look much better. I'll be interested in seeing how they incorporate raiders attacking and how that can impact the town. I'd guess it will be pretty light but it would be great if they could take over the place and force you to kick them out if you ignore defenses long enough.

Thank you for posting that. I was wrong.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'd love it if BGS went to their Daggerfall routes and made cities/towns even more procedural. Make it such that every town that starts is essentially the same as a player built town with some NPC "owner". The player could then either take over that town, raid it or completely demolish it. The population in FO4 (including quest NPCs because fuck you) would then move around based on how the relative wealth of the towns was, which was based on the player's direct impact on the city through quests and killing raiders as well as how the trade routes were faring (which the player could also impact).

It'd basically turn it into something the player could dramatically change like say, Mount and Blade (and many other games).

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Jesus shit at all the settlement building stuff. I am now rock hard and ready for action!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd love it if BGS went to their Daggerfall routes and made cities/towns even more procedural. Make it such that every town that starts is essentially the same as a player built town with some NPC "owner". The player could then either take over that town, raid it or completely demolish it. The population in FO4 (including quest NPCs because fuck you) would then move around based on how the relative wealth of the towns was, which was based on the player's direct impact on the city through quests and killing raiders as well as how the trade routes were faring (which the player could also impact).

It'd basically turn it into something the player could dramatically change like say, Mount and Blade (and many other games).
Storybricks.... eh?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yeah, wow. I just googled it. He was about as candid as you can expect, and that gif at the end...ouch.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was about to ask whatever happened to storybricks, but a quick google search answered that. I could have sworn Rodolfo posted here or on FOH, but can't remember exactly. Sounds like a shitty end.
Ouch, I knew they pulled out of EQN didn't know the whole post mortem.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't even know what storybricks is besides some vapor ware.
I don't think anyone really does, not even the people who were making it. They started with a failed kickstarter, were planning on making a browser based MMO, then teamed up with the EQ team, who can't even deliver their own products at this point, much less help someone else deliver theirs.

It was probably always more half thought out pipedream than it was pathway to a realized product, honestly.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Can't wait for this game and where is my Fallout MMO?! Between Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid 5 and Witcher 3 there are some damn good contenders for GOTY.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Can't wait for this game and where is my Fallout MMO?! Between Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid 5 and Witcher 3 there are some damn good contenders for GOTY.
Canceled when Bethesda (rightfully) crushed Interplay for the rights to the IP they rightfully purchased.

We really really don't want Bethesda to fund or make a Fallout MMO though.