Fallout 4

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it was mentioned but not confirmed in this thread, but Lone Wanderer does indeed give you the benefits when your dog is with you. I had Codsworth with me, got the talent, no change in weight, dismiss him and grab Dog, and voila, 50 more weight. Got lvl 2 and another 50 weight was added (thought maybe it was a bug with lvl 1). One can only assume the damage reduction is also being applied, but I didn't test it.

Caliane

Didn't read the article but can easily see the cha/luck build pretty ready with some per or str thrown in. Still pissed agi tired to ap and has the ap regen because otherwise that tree would be a1 for me. Seems like all the crazy stuff on luck, per tree has some good ones but not truly exciting.

Not sure if love for laser musket. Essentially is a very slow bolt action. Maybe more clutch for high hp survival mode, but on normal, opening with a pipe rifle had shit just as effective.
it does energy damage. it will out range and 2 shot turrets etc, while your .38 will take 30 shots, and the .308 will take 15.
Keep it with you for sure at least.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Just killed my first Death Claw.

Used a quad barrel rocket launcher. Took about 20 shots to kill a Glowing Deathclaw. Death Claws cant swim fyi

DMBTylerWSP_sl

shitlord
My character is showing (-) 0 STR and END. I have no addictions/diseases/equipped items causing any sort of detrimental effect. Anyone have any clue as to what could cause this?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Couple hours in and I'm not sure I'm feeling it. I don't have the urge or desire to explore every nook and cranny, but because of things like bobble heads and crafting materials, it rewards you to do so. It's not for me. Then I get to the first workshop and it looks like I can build structures and put fences up and I'm like wtf I don't care, and just kept rolling to Concord.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Couple hours in and I'm not sure I'm feeling it. I don't have the urge or desire to explore every nook and cranny, but because of things like bobble heads and crafting materials, it rewards you to do so. It's not for me. Then I get to the first workshop and it looks like I can build structures and put fences up and I'm like wtf I don't care, and just kept rolling to Concord.
I don't really get your complaint. Are you complaining there's completely optional content you don't have to do if you don't want to, but dislike the fact that you're rewarded if you do?

Its an open world RPG like this isn't some new concept here. Do what you feel like. Ignore what seems tedious. You can't possibly explore everything in one play through anyway, so don't feel obligated to chase down every secret.

One of the things I've always enjoyed most about Bethesda games is no matter how many times I play them, or beat them, every time I start a new game, I find something new at some point. No matter how thorough I've been, how many hours I've put in, there's always something out there I missed last time that I will find this time that makes me go "Huh. Can't believe I missed that up to now."

Different strokes for different folks, bro. If its not your thing, its not your thing.

My character is showing (-) 0 STR and END. I have no addictions/diseases/equipped items causing any sort of detrimental effect. Anyone have any clue as to what could cause this?
Might be bugged. TBH I have no clue man. Sorry. Might try googling about it?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
it does energy damage. it will out range and 2 shot turrets etc, while your .38 will take 30 shots, and the .308 will take 15.
Keep it with you for sure at least.
And upgrade it to 3-crank as soon as you can. Doesn't even take any Science! perks to do it.

Just remember that you don't have to crank it all the way; there's no need to waste 3 cells on a common raider. The flip side of that is that if you use it in VATS it will only ever crank once if you queue up multiple shots. It's really not a good VATS weapon at all for that reason, unless you're fighting several trivial enemies.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I did have a bug with the settlement where I checked the status of things back there from the PIP boy and saw they had like 2 beds, no defense, no water etc. Double checked that this was for the main one, freaked out and fast traveled back only for there to be nothing wrong and all things at their intended values.

Cybsled

Anyone have an issue where the game locks up/crashes when it rains at random times? I have most current vid card drivers, so no clue what causes it.

I tried to do the Minuteman settlement quest, but the dude I need to speak with was up on the roof of the house sleeping, then the next morning he was MIA so I can't continue the quest X_X

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
The early game is a little weak sauce. Gets better. This certainly is a Fallout game though so if you aren't into exploring the depths of broken down buildings and basements you're missing out on a good portion of the experience.

When you get to the base building, mess with it a tiny bit at Sanctuary and then completely ignore it and go run off and do shit. There is no reason to get heavily invested in it early and the game fails at directing you to other stuff and instead pushes you to base build when you really shouldn't. Once you ignore that line and start off the game plays like the other fallout games.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I tried to do the Minuteman settlement quest, but the dude I need to speak with was up on the roof of the house sleeping, then the next morning he was MIA so I can't continue the quest X_X
Have you tried building the bell? That should summon all your settlers in the area.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Here's a few. My machine isnt quite the cutting edge beast it once was, I think it autodetected at very high but Im sure there's much prettier screens out there somewhere. I did the ini tweak to run the game at 21:9 ratio. It's pretty nice but the HUD stretching can be annoying when you do stuff like working on your settlements because the little dark background rectangles dont stretch along with the HUD.
That's pretty damn sweet!
smile.png

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
My only real complaint about the game so far is the god awful annoying radio host of Diamond City Radio. I don't know what they were thinking going with that personality. Is it supposed to be funny? Immersive? Tragic? I don't know but I hope someone mods him out, or sets up another radio channel with only the music and no voiceover. Damn
frown.png
Three Dog was awesome.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Just found an energy weapon with unlimited ammo.
edit: "Capacity". Nevermind...i think.

Pic + location in spoilers.
rrr_img_115733.jpg

rrr_img_115734.jpg

rrr_img_115735.jpg

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
My only real complaint about the game so far is the god awful annoying radio host of Diamond City Radio. I don't know what they were thinking going with that personality. Is it supposed to be funny? Immersive? Tragic? I don't know but I hope someone mods him out, or sets up another radio channel with only the music and no voiceover. Damn
frown.png
Three Dog was awesome.
There is a quest from the bartender in Diamond City to boost his confidence and make him a better DJ. Once you complete that he will be less annoying.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I found a sweet chest piece that initiates the Jet effect at 50% HP. Combo drugs are fucking awesome too. Since I generally only use them for legendaries. BuffPsycho Son!

Also, managing your settlers is completed AIDS. What the fuck were they thinking there? Luckily you don't have to super optimize them or anything. But god damn.

calla_sl

shitlord
any advice on finding more ammo in survival mode? i just got to tenpines and i haven't really gotten far into the storyline but it feels like the more searching and exploring i do, the more ammo i end up expending on mobs