Why are settlers so stupid
frown.png
THERE'S A DOOR YOU FUCKS.

H6wUYZD.jpg

2SRX9iF.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They need to mod up a weapons rack furniture. I don't use melee weapons, but I like laying them around my house. My Grognak's Axe just disappeared into the floor. FML. And my nightstand bottlecap mines disappeared!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You need to attach them to generators via a wire. you do that by pressing spacebar on pc while focusing on the generator in workshop mode and then placing the wire on the light

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Some things like that just need to be near a power relay point, while other items like the comm tower or water purification need a dedicated line. Once you connect a house to the grid you can use light bulbs TVs etc anywhere inside.

I find myself thoroughly enjoying the freedom of the game to do whatever the fuck I want. Still not really sure what I gain by keeping my settlers happy, but I feel the need to bring some sense of civilization back to these freaks.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
the companion XP thing didn't work for me. Anything else I need to do? The termianl one is great.
Yeah, I originally read that the XP one didn't show the numbers on-screen like when you shoot something yourself but did give the XP, but now I don't think even that is the case. I could have sworn it worked the first time I tried using it though. In previous games the setting was an integer (iXPDeathRewardHealthThreshold) and setting it to 0 did exactly what it was supposed to do. Not sure how they broke it in FO4 by changing it to a float.

Anyone try the Pipboy app for IOS/Android? How well it interacts with the game?
Works great for having the map always up. Not so great on a phone-sized screen (and it drains my phone's battery extremely fast) though. The best setups I've seen are from people who've mounted tablets in easy view of their monitor, or have a second monitor with an Android emulator running on it.

Caliane

The various lights you can make that just have a lightning bolt symbol on them without a number- how do you get light out of them, or can you?
things with a power indicator, with no number just need "power". Being within 10 ft of a conduit does this. Conduits create an aoe of radiant power. These do not actually use up power as a value.
Things with a power indicator with a number, need to be directly wired to a power source, with that additive value.

so like, 2 generators creating 6 power, can power 3 water purifiers, and unlimited lights, in that area.

I found a magazine which allows me to build patio furniture. I don't know how many more learned building things there are. but, that is part of the game, for those wondering, if what you start with is really all the options for building.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if it's as good as 8 exploding pellets doing 15dmg each, but I just found a never ending double barreled shotgun and it's pretty powerful. It's too bad there's no way to shoot both shells at once., is there?

Crazily

N00b
I don't know if it's as good as 8 exploding pellets doing 15dmg each, but I just found a never ending double barreled shotgun and it's pretty powerful. It's too bad there's no way to shoot both shells at once., is there?
Not that I know of..I have been using that same shotgun since level 5 or so.....I modded it up to 70 damage so far. That thing is sick for clearing buildings and up close fights....

Vorph

I found a magazine which allows me to build patio furniture. I don't know how many more learned building things there are. but, that is part of the game, for those wondering, if what you start with is really all the options for building.
Picket Fences magazine spoiler, if one can even call something so inconsequential a spoiler --
There's 5 issues of Picket Fences: high tech lights, picket fences, statues, patio furniture, and potted plants. Hooray?

Vorph

I don't know if it's as good as 8 exploding pellets doing 15dmg each
Getting revenge on a certain someone in Boston Commons with the ol' boomstick was definitely the best moment in the game so far. It was pretty funny to see my sniper rifle only take off like 15% of his health with a 3x sneak headshot, but then two crits with the shotgun gibbed him instantly.

It's also great against robots. Shoot them in the chest and the explosions blow both their arms off.

And no, there's no alt-fire in the game for things like firing both barrels of a double barrel shotgun at once.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
In case anyone was wondering, the reduced damage acrobat mod (-50% falling dmg) is additive rather than multiplicative. As in, with them on you can fall from any height.

Multiplicative resistance: 100dmg * 0.50 * 0.50 = 25dmg
Additive resistance: 100 dmg - 100dmg * (0.50 + 0.50) = 0dmg

This is evidence that the other ones are also additive, which means that as those numbers approach 100% they become OP.

Caliane

Brotherhood
yeah. 20 hours in.. only seen them once. But it was the intro quest. Found the radio signal, and followed it to their mayday, and the did the followup. BoS in this does seem sketchy. moreso then before. I lol'd a bit at, "not as impressive as the Citadel" The Citadel was impressive? but yeah, the team you rescue came with 6 or 7 members and got their asses kicked, lost 1 by 1. The Scribe has a good head on her shoulders. but the Paladin, has gotten his men killed. And the overall mission statement is destroy all technology they don't control.
definitely seemed to be in contradiction to the Capital City faction. atm, have no intention to help them out past that intro questline, or join them.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Brotherhood
yeah. 20 hours in.. only seen them once. But it was the intro quest. Found the radio signal, and followed it to their mayday, and the did the followup. BoS in this does seem sketchy. moreso then before. I lol'd a bit at, "not as impressive as the Citadel" The Citadel was impressive? but yeah, the team you rescue came with 6 or 7 members and got their asses kicked, lost 1 by 1. The Scribe has a good head on her shoulders. but the Paladin, has gotten his men killed. And the overall mission statement is destroy all technology they don't control.
definitely seemed to be in contradiction to the Capital City faction. atm, have no intention to help them out past that intro questline, or join them.
The Capitol City faction of BOS is the anomaly.

That isn't a spoiler at all so I'm not spoiling it. Deal with it.

The BOS in F3 went off mission to help the locals because their leader was a bleeding heart.

The BOS in F1 and F2 and NV were entirely about themselves first. In the story line back then, those factions were actually in decline because they were so xenophobic they wouldn't let hardly any new members join up.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So how often do you guys use your power armor? I have only used it once, for the first quest, but have a ton of armor and cores. Feel like I'll probably end up saving it for the whole game and never use em at all.