Fallout 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
if each piece of "powered" is then regening 75% of ap, still crazy op.
Finally found the relevant data in the game files.

Action Girl 1 applies the AP regen effect with a magnitude of 1.5, which apparently translates somehow to 25% faster.
Action Girl 2 applies the AP regen effect with a magnitude of 3, which is 50%.

Powered applies the AP regen effect with a magnitude of 5, which would be 83.3333%. First thought, did the same tard who messed up perks like Killshot, Ninja, Big Leagues, Grim Reaper's Sprint, etc. edit this record and think that "5" meant +5%?

How do you figure them out? Just save scum murder?
Only way that I know of. I don't create a synth concentration camp though; I send them to a different settlement but then follow them out of town without a companion (or with Strong if he's nearby) and murder them.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Do you automatically get the extra talent point when you pick up a bobble head or do you have to do something with it?

EDIT: Can anyone get sweetFX to work? I dumped all that shit in the root directory and replaced the settings folder and renamed it properly. Still doesn't work.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Murder then it off town sure vorph, but how to figure which? Sending one at a time sounds tedious and slow
Think I'd just bell them. Save, then must ask of them looking for component? Load then remove them. Still seems odd no way to suss them out

khorum

Murder Apologist
Ok so since there isn't a move-gear-to-junk mod out yet I'm gonna go ahead and assume I'm the only retard who still dumps armor /guns on the ground to salvage them because there must be an ingame way to move them to the junk category that I missed right?

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Ok so since there isn't a move-gear-to-junk mod out yet I'm gonna go ahead and assume I'm the only retard who still dumps armor /guns on the ground to salvage them because there must be an ingame way to move them to the junk category that I missed right?
You can salvage them from the armor and weapon workbenches. Just save beforehand to guard against misclicks

Taloo_sl

shitlord
You can salvage them from the armor and weapon workbenches. Just save beforehand to guard against misclicks
On a related note...

Wish there was a mod that auto scrapped any "junk" that isn't part of a recipe. Broke down after like three days and spent an hour drop scrapping a ton of bullshit to cart building mats somewhere other than Sanctuary easier.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Lol so that's a yes. Gonna have to try that. Does it work on gear in your inventory or do I dump it to the workshop first?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do you automatically get the extra talent point when you pick up a bobble head or do you have to do something with it?
Automatic.

EDIT: Can anyone get sweetFX to work? I dumped all that shit in the root directory and replaced the settings folder and renamed it properly. Still doesn't work.
Works fine for me, use dxgi.dll for injection. The hard part, as always, is finding a preset that doesn't suck. I'm still using my modified version of Enhanced Wasteland Preset. Everything he's done in 2.0 made it look a lot worse imo.

Murder then it off town sure vorph, but how to figure which? Sending one at a time sounds tedious and slow
Think I'd just bell them. Save, then must ask of them looking for component? Load then remove them. Still seems odd no way to suss them out
Find them with the shotgun and reload method.

Or just ignore them. I can't be bothered to even care a little bit about anything happening at settlements anymore. I set them up with a supply line, 24 water/food/beds, a scavenging station, and ~50 defense then never return.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Lol so that's a yes. Gonna have to try that. Does it work on gear in your inventory or do I dump it to the workshop first?
Actually it only works on stuff in your inventory. Just open the armor/weapon station for crafting (not workshopping) and scrap away. You can only scrap actual usable gear that way- nothing that is listed in the junk column.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyone played wastelands2 how does it compare to this? its on sale tomorrow and I might pick it up.

Only 5 more trophies for plat, should knock that out tonight,

Caliane

Anyone played wastelands2 how does it compare to this? its on sale tomorrow and I might pick it up.

Incomparable. was going to make a joke. but meh. totally different kinds of games. wasteland 2 is well received last I checked.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Can't compare really but WL2 is amazing as well. Put 120 hours on that and divinity.

Good CRPG.

Sulrn

Deuces
Wasteland 2 is a turn based RPG with a little bit more freedom within the narrow scope of the game. It's not terribly long and the world isn't super big, but you have a lot of room to play around with how you complete things. Versus FO4 has a lot of room to play around, but very few ways of completing things. This is mostly due to the fact you have a party in W2 and only a single/no companion in FO4. My main character in W2 was a charismatic leader that cant defend himself outside pistol range - but that's okay because my party was a rape train. My character in FO4 was charismatic and spent the entire playthrough eating shit until 41 when I started investing in combat perks and modding unique weapons.

Story is going to be hit and miss, but it's a more realistic adaptation of post-apoc America than Fallout 3/4 - still goofy, just not as much or as stylized as Fallout. The game is ugly, but if you want a unique experience it's worth a run or two.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm obsessed with the American Southwest. Fallout 1 got me really into it and then of course Red Dead and New Vegas sealed the eternal deal. WL2 is fantastic.

Sulrn

Deuces
Hunting Rifle (Sniper) Damage Increase at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

haven't tried it yet. But, was thinking sniper rifle did need about a 30% damage increase to justify it over a combat rifle.
A real improvement to high power rifles would be to make stagger a non-unique/critical effect. Taking a 50 or .308 to anywhere on the body is going to put you on the ground. Taking that out of base combat mechsnic was the dumbest combat related design decision. Every enemy in the game should be coded to receive stagger/knockback if hit by x or larger round in y body part.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
It's a solid 8/10 for me, but combat lacks depth for a tactical group RPG. It has a lot of similarities to Fallout Tactics and feels like a game from that era for better or for worse.