Fallout 4

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Set only 25 years after the bombs fell, looks like a lot of settlement rebuilding feature will be involved.

The bombs fell Oct 23, 2077.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
4D69527F-24B8-49D8-A68A-C246E9E59EB3.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Set only 25 years after the bombs fell, looks like a lot of settlement rebuilding feature will be involved.

This is gonna' be Fallout Online, isn't it?

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

yeah, saw this mentioned in the reddit.

Man I hope so...
Fo4 settlement system was a huge success. even half finished as it was, it shit on so many other base building games. Mods went a long way to fix it.

But, its also arguably a huge divergence from normal FO games. And as much a the perfect rpg that have everything, would be awesome. its unrealistic. they can't have that survivial game, quest driven rpg/dialogues, and base building all fleshed out.

So. just the base building, and survival.. awesome.

That its NOT titled Fallout5. marking it as a spinoff, Not a main title. Implies heavily, its going to have different gameplay then normal.
"reclamation" focus.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I didn't do shit with the base building. But maybe it will be fun this time. I would definitely be down for a survival based Fallout game.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh, Bethesda games have been all about the gameplay, at least for me.

After Fallout 4 when all your dialogue options were "yes / no / sarcasm" and then guessing what your guy will actually be saying I'm pretty much through with Bethesda's Fallout "stories".

Why is this in the FO4 thread anyways? It's a new game.

• 1Solidarity

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
A guy leaked Fallout 76 on 4chan back in December but no one believed him then. It's basically a GaaS Rust-clone using Fallout 4 assets developed by smaller studio, not Bethesda Softworks.

Also Fallout 3 Remaster is more or less confirmed.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't keep Bethesda's different branches straight. So Bethesda Game Studios is NOT their main Sandbox Open World team? That's softworks? Because this really is a spin off (for better or worse) and it seemed odd that they would be doing this and not working on the next full title. I have no idea what to think because frankly all this does is really tease the overall arc of the story, which could be plastered onto any kind of game from BR to hero shooter to a full fledged dialogue based RPG like New Vegas and the first two.

Nevermind I looked it up. Softworks is the Publishing arm of Bethesda and where they publish ALL the games under their wing. Game Studios is Todd Howard's team(s) who have done all the open world RPGs. They are being credited for the development of this title, which again seems really off as it is clearly a spinoff. Oh well time will tell. I'm just ready for more open world Bethesda game, and if any of those rumors (or what Kotaku's hack is reporting) are true, then I'll still be waiting.

Last edited:

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I misspoke. Bethesda Softworks is the publisher. Bethesda Game Studios is the internal studio that makes Elder Scrolls/Fallout core titles.

I believe Fallout 76 is being developed by Bethesda Austin (formerly BattleCry Studios).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't keep Bethesda's different branches straight. So Bethesda Game Studios is NOT their main Sandbox Open World team? That's softworks? Because this really is a spin off (for better or worse) and it seemed odd that they would be doing this and not working on the next full title. I have no idea what to think because frankly all this does is really tease the overall arc of the story, which could be plastered onto any kind of game from BR to hero shooter to a full fledged dialogue based RPG like New Vegas and the first two.

Nevermind I looked it up. Softworks is the Publishing arm of Bethesda and where they publish ALL the games under their wing. Game Studios is Todd Howard's team(s) who have done all the open world RPGs. They are being credited for the development of this title, which again seems really off as it is clearly a spinoff. Oh well time will tell. I'm just ready for more open world Bethesda game, and if any of those rumors (or what Kotaku's hack is reporting) are true, then I'll still be waiting.
Their website says they did FO4, so it's their main dev house I guess?

Bethesda Game Studios

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Their website says they did FO4, so it's their main dev house I guess?

Bethesda Game Studios

Yeah it is their main house. As I was typing that post I just did a search and found the wikipedia article that explained how it's all set up. With that said, I'll admit this has me still confused as this is totally not their M.O. at all. However, vault 76 does have a history with Aliens so maybe this game is meant as a segue into a full on space series that we know as Starfield. Basically, I'm trying to see if there is any chance that this will be a normal sandbox game and not spinoff that is an entirely different genre.

Jozu

I tried telling you guys they were going to do a fallout/fortnite hybrid.

How awesome would it be to have the FO4 type building system that is fleshed out and streamlined, with fallout 4 type graphics and a Fortnite style online aspect to go along with the main single player experience.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Vorph

I think abomination is probably a better word for that than hybrid.

• 10Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think any of the above is totally fine under the fallout umbrella. But that is a spin off. Like the final fantasy fighting game was not a main numbered entry, it was a spin off developed by a different team. That is my disappointment is that the team that makes a kind of game I love that only they seem to be able to do has spent time developing something else entirely. It's their prerogative for sure, but I can't say I wouldn't be bummed if BGS has been spending the last few years building a fortnite/overwatch style game versus an elder scrolls/bethesda fallout game.

Jozu

I'm not even a Fortnite fan, I never even played it. But they are crushing right now, and that model is becoming more popular.

I'm not saying I WANT a game like that, just they are probably going to head into that online battle royal esque direction instead of the traditional model they are known for.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
RPG + RTS + Building/settlement sim has always been my wet dream. Zero complaints out of me on any of it.

Bonus points if they're able to get better AI functionality in player made settlements.

• 1Like

Jozu

Just imagine, you are spawned in a Nuclear wasteland random location, say a map the size of fall out new Vegas.

You start with a baseline melee weapon and a couple survivable items such as maybe a health pack and a random potion to buff your run speed, agi, STR or whatever.

There are say, 49 other players on that same map, every player starts in a random location at least 4km in game map size from another player on spawn.

Clock starts on a 30 min match. There are consumables, ammo, health restoration items and other random crafting based items scattered throughout the map randomly. You can then choose to go to a NPC mob spawn and risk killing them to get some loot they are guarding or you could just look for mats to build a defensive outpost.

Or you could run and gun and try to surprise another player by rushing his position and compromising his set up and now take over his items and fortifications via risk taking.

Or you can camp at the edge of the map like a pussy while losing out on valuable resources and items available at different map hot spots.

Either last man or team standing wins, can use radiation haze to shrink the map, can use random NPC rare mob spawns to fuck shit up and throw a wrench into a hot spot, which drops legendary weapons or armor.

That would be FUCKING AMAZING.

Edit: I mean think about it, they could even take it to the next level and allow the player to choose a faction, say Brotherhood of Steel which spawns you at a certain location that has specific benefits and has special ability/weapon unlocks based on the faction you picked. Like SuperMutants start near a swamp that has a ton of a special plant resource that allows buff potions to be made and have access to certain abilities like radiation resist, super STR etc, whereas a human minuteman starting character has access to a settlement that can heal them and they get an ability to track targets on the map for a limited time or something. The possibilities are endless.

Last edited: