Fallout 76

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Best thing I've fucking seen someone post lol

Obsidian: Let’s create an amazing single player RPG about how shitty corporations can be.

Bethesda: Let’s do that but IRL.

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Best thing I've fucking seen someone post lol

Obsidian: Let’s create an amazing single player RPG about how shitty corporations can be.

Bethesda: Let’s do that but IRL.

I’d laugh if they didn’t just ruin my favorite IP forever.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
From the ashes of Fallout will come ten other better games in the same vein, and a million clones that are not worse than anything Bethsoft could put out, but will still be garbage.

Such is the way of the world. Time is a flat circle.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

fuck
T
Howard

1572668727745.gif

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Why do people still support this garbage game and company? after all the crap this game has shit out and the scams with the bag and cola, people still supporting it. If you pay for shit expect to get shit on and don't complain about your stupid mistake after.
The same goes for Bioware, they shit out Mass effect andromeda, and people still went into Anthem guns blazing, then come and complain about it after, it's bad! well no shit sherlock!
Ubisoft is now feeling the don't fuck with customers effect, sales down across the board for division and ghost recon, micro transactions bit them in the ass, they scrambling to fix breakpoint, all future games delayed.

unknown.png

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Man people have become so full of shit. This is just another example of the faux outrage generation. So the game isn't great. Stop playing it, this is one out of a million games. People haven't made these multiple, hour long dissertations about any game as much as they have about FO76, and there are been many, many worse games out there. I won't show my age too much with the entire history of video games, but just looking at early to mid PC games, you were lucky the game booted up, and if it did you were in for a treat with some of the buggiest software you've ever seen. But you just said fuck it and moved on. There were games for PS1/2 that were so god awful they were played once and thrown into a bin, you know the one in your basement with 100 cracked CD cases in it. And they cost the same (or more) than what people payed for FO76.

That Chris Avellone tweet is a perfect example. You know what, outer worlds is a dogshit game that was supposed to be the Fallout killer. Where are the thousands of rants against that game ( it got a bunch of bad write-ups...but the barrage of nerd hate isn't there). You know what game costs $40 right now for PS4? Jumanji . I know, because my sisters kid had to have it. The game isn't worth the cost of the box it came in, and there are a TON of games like that which cost $60. How much did people pay for FO76? Nothing? maybe $15 if they got ripped off? Get some perspective holy shit. Your dinner is going to cost more than this game did.

• 4Faggotry
  • 1Potato
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 7 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why do people still support this garbage game and company? after all the crap this game has shit out and the scams with the bag and cola, people still supporting it. If you pay for shit expect to get shit on and don't complain about your stupid mistake after.
The same goes for Bioware, they shit out Mass effect andromeda, and people still went into Anthem guns blazing, then come and complain about it after, it's bad! well no shit sherlock!
Ubisoft is now feeling the don't fuck with customers effect, sales down across the board for division and ghost recon, micro transactions bit them in the ass, they scrambling to fix breakpoint, all future games delayed.

View attachment 230415

Holy Fuck!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Man people have become so full of shit. This is just another example of the faux outrage generation. So the game isn't great. Stop playing it, this is one out of a million games. People haven't made these multiple, hour long dissertations about any game as much as they have about FO76, and there are been many, many worse games out there. I won't show my age too much with the entire history of video games, but just looking at early to mid PC games, you were lucky the game booted up, and if it did you were in for a treat with some of the buggiest software you've ever seen. But you just said fuck it and moved on. There were games for PS1/2 that were so god awful they were played once and thrown into a bin, you know the one in your basement with 100 cracked CD cases in it. And they cost the same (or more) than what people payed for FO76.

That Chris Avellone tweet is a perfect example. You know what, outer worlds is a dogshit game that was supposed to be the Fallout killer. Where are the thousands of rants against that game ( it got a bunch of bad write-ups...but the barrage of nerd hate isn't there). You know what game costs $40 right now for PS4? Jumanji . I know, because my sisters kid had to have it. The game isn't worth the cost of the box it came in, and there are a TON of games like that which cost $60. How much did people pay for FO76? Nothing? maybe $15 if they got ripped off? Get some perspective holy shit. Your dinner is going to cost more than this game did.

Who is talking about price? No fallout fan cares about that lol. They care about how their favorite franchise is being bent over George Lucas style and raped for microtransactions and horrible multiplayer.

1573341918326.gif

Also Outer Worlds is a 7/10 game. The comparison with this dogshit game is laughable.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm not barreling through this thread to see what's up.
What's wrong with the game?
Is it playable?
The honest answer seems to be that, over the course of the game's life so far, everything that could've possibly gone wrong has gone wrong at some point. Not just the actual game either, but also in customer service, monetization, and tie-in merch. The most recent snafu has been them implementing a sub fee (and considering the game's current state, a reasonably hefty one) that gives you a private server, and infinite storage for crafting materials. Except that the servers aren't actually private, and the storage actually eats your crafting materials.

Todd Howard must've literally wished on a monkey's paw for the ability to break into online multiplayer, and this is the results. There's no other explanation for a cascade of failures on this level.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The honest answer seems to be that, over the course of the game's life so far, everything that could've possibly gone wrong has gone wrong at some point. Not just the actual game either, but also in customer service, monetization, and tie-in merch. The most recent snafu has been them implementing a sub fee (and considering the game's current state, a reasonably hefty one) that gives you a private server, and infinite storage for crafting materials. Except that the servers aren't actually private, and the storage actually eats your crafting materials.

Todd Howard must've literally wished on a monkey's paw for the ability to break into online multiplayer, and this is the results. There's no other explanation for a cascade of failures on this level.
Ouch. How did they fuck this up...Sounds like a mess. Thanks for the heads up guys.
Can I access and play the single-player game if DLed from torrent?
Or is it locked out from that shit?

Cybsled

I'm not barreling through this thread to see what's up.
What's wrong with the game?
Is it playable?

The game is playable and honestly, the bugs with the game are essentially what you experienced in FO3, FO:NV, and FO4 in terms of that. Read into that as you will.

People mostly got salty because No human/ghoul NPCs (next big patch next year will add that), so it didn't have the familiar FO RPG element most people were expecting beyond the computer AI and robots you interact with. Lore/story was mostly told through the player investigating and finding out what happened through notes, terminals/ holo tapes, and of course what you actually saw. This mostly comes down to personal preferences. I actually enjoyed those aspects most in FO3/FONV/FO4, so I was fine with that.

Other elements that mostly impacted people who play vs. people who just watch guys like Yong Yea on Youtube and parrot his opinion lol

1) Bethesda slowly trying to make elements P2W (valid) and prioritizing the cosmetic cash shop/overpricing it (valid)

2) Questionable direction/balance. Some of the balance changes were (rightly) perceived as trying to slow player progression to increase game longevity, or solving issues not perceived as issues. The vault raids have been plagued by poor UI and buggy encounters with poor RvR. Making nukes less useful...they nerfed XP farming and Scorch Beast Queen assaults aren't too valuable anymore

3) Buggy base building. You could make bases anywhere, but the game is more restrictive in terms of placement of items. They've patched most of the glaring issues and increased housing budget.

4) Patches that don't fix issues/break other elements

5) Not doing anything about hackers. Honestly you notice this the most in Nuclear Winter (battle royale mode). Eastern European primetime is the worst time to play the game from that angle. Other than that, though, that mode is really fun and the only reason I still play the game regularly (I'll check out regular mode again when Wastelanders, the human NPC patch, comes out).

Honestly the core game is pretty decent and if you're ok with the investigative story style, then you'll probably enjoy it. Perk system is interesting, combat/gear elements are basically FO4's, and some of the lore is pretty cool (being able to join The Enclave gets bonus points from me).

Next big patch the major crux will be Settlers vs. Raiders and you can join one of the factions. Kind of curious how the Enclave story will develop since it sort of "ends" after you gain access to the nuke silos.

Can I access and play the single-player game if DLed from torrent?
Or is it locked out from that shit?

There is no off line mode. You can play "alone", but it is on a server with other people. Honestly the people interactions have been one of the better parts of the game, most people aren't dicks and you come across some people trying to roleplay or be creative.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nah. Fallout 5 will come out and sell like crazy just like 4 did, if not better. The average gamer doesn't know about this shit, let alone care about it.

Fallout 5 will be a fully online sequel to 76.

Provemewrong.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Nah. Fallout 5 will come out and sell like crazy just like 4 did, if not better. The average gamer doesn't know about this shit, let alone care about it.

I have to disagree with average gamers not knowing. Plenty of very average gamers I work with know about FO76 and many parts of its shit show.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have to disagree with average gamers not knowing. Plenty of very average gamers I work with know about FO76 and many parts of its shit show.
Agreed I have ran into some real troglodytes that know about anthem and fallout 76.