Fallout 76

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Awfully nice of the people that bought the game to pay for the priviledge of QA alpha testing Bethesda's multilplayer tech

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol I cannot believe they are still developing for this piece of shit.

Cybsled

The Wastelanders patch makes it more like a regular fallout game (in theory), so you may want to check it out then

• 2Worf
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I am very interested in hearing why are they still using Creation engine ?

They have access to the king of game engine devs at ID.(Who could add everything Bethesda needs for any Fallout/Elder Scrolls game.)

Makes no sense ...

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I am very interested in hearing why are they still using Creation engine ?

They have access to the king of game engine devs at ID.(Who could add everything Bethesda needs for any Fallout/Elder Scrolls game.)

Makes no sense ...

Everything is still gamebryo at the heart of it anyway which is even more hilarious. It’s stitched up of pieces of integrated components they built specifically to integrate with gamebryo. For example weather patterns integrate with the behavioral dev that both integrate with gamebryo at the heart. All they do is add one integration piece and name it a new engine and then even market that. This company is so full of shit. 😜

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Everything is still gamebryo at the heart of it anyway which is even more hilarious. It’s stitched up of pieces of integrated components they built specifically to integrate with gamebryo. For example weather patterns integrate with the behavioral dev that both integrate with gamebryo at the heart. All they do is add one integration piece and name it a new engine and then even market that. This company is so full of shit. 😜

Its been so long that I literally forget that Creation Engine, is cored out of Gamebyro hahaha

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So while we are all looking for something to play and we know this sure the fuck isn't it...

Cybsled Cybsled your thoughts?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I’ll tell you this evening, I haven’t tried the update yet. My characters build is all fucked for nuclear winter stat build, though lol. NPC interaction is supposed to be fo3/new Vegas style,

• 1Like

Cybsled

So I played a couple hours tonight. I logged in close to a companion quest, because I got a distress beacon as soon as I logged in. Was some astronaut that was part of some deep sleep project that had no idea about the war. I unlocked the part where I build their thing as my camp so they spawn there and give quests/etc. After that I did a few more interaction/quest starts (Vault, the bar nearby, actually talking to the overseer). I have no clue if it all unfolds differently for a new character vs. an established one, although the Overseer did ask me if I had done a few key quests earlier (the vaccine quest being the big one), so I suspect a new player is directed to those quests.

The NPC interaction is a little laggy in terms of the dialogue options showing up, but functional. The companion quest had a bonus to avoid fighting an assaultron if you had 8+ int, although earlier part of the quest spawned a fuckton of super mutant suiciders on me lol. The lower level quests seem to have less stat requirements...like one at the start only required 2 or more perception to get a guy give up a robbery. The game also has some low stat options...the bar at the start had a 1 charisma or less one, for instance. They also have a few instanced areas, presumably because choices later on will impact those areas and it would be hard to have that uninstanced in a multiplayer environment. There also seems to be different response choices given that let you be an asshole, a nice guy, or a vault tec loyalist in some cases. Raiders are KOS, but if you did another quest in the game, a raider Mr. Handy you made "friends" with will get you an introduction with its aligned raider faction so you can start interacting with that raider faction (there are other raiders not aligned, plus mothman cultists, which are KOS always. Although there is a legacy quest to summon mothman and get the blessing of mothman, so I might need to do that quest and see if the cultists will accept you at that point).

I think if you havent played the game at all, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised and it will probably scratch that fallout itch. I've played the game since beta (although mostly nuclear winter vs. the PVE stuff for the past 8+ months or so), so I've already seen most of the original content. The NPCs will probably give a lot more impact to many of the areas, though.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The Wastelanders patch makes it more like a regular fallout game (in theory), so you may want to check it out then

for the low low price of 40 fucking dollars for probably the biggest joke of a AAA game in 2019

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah Bethesda jacked the price back up to full without discount (well 39.99) and weren’t smart enough to put it on sale thinking they could take advantage of people at home with the corona virus and the new wasteland addition.

Had they been smart and put it on sale for 14.99, the install base with the wasteland addition would have driven a shit ton of unit sales. Instead, they won’t sell jack shit and won’t expand the install base for this really shit gaas model they have going on.

These retarded monkeys are clueless.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Do you need to pay extra to get wastelanders or does it come with FO76? Because you can still get FO76 off the shelf here for $10.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Do you need to pay extra to get wastelanders or does it come with FO76? Because you can still get FO76 off the shelf here for $10.

Forgot about physical. Comes free as a download. They also have it used for 9 bucks so don’t have to give Bethesda another penny :)

Last edited:

Cybsled

Heh, some funny NPC interactions in this. I had to pretend to be someone to get some raider goons to show up. You were given a bunch of options, including stat based ones, but I asked him to give me the info, then I'd give him the into. You can get into a "no, you first" back and forth and the raider gets more and more pissed everytime you say it until he's all fuck it, here's the info. Then you can attack him as your answer or con him with luck stat to get him to bugger off without a fight. NPCs also react to what you have equipped/what the weather is. I walked into a town and one of the guards commented on my sniper rifle and another settler on my power armor. You can also make NPCs hate you/not want to interact with you based on how you interact with them in conversation and there can be repercussions for choices.

So far, they've done a pretty good job with the content patch

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wondering if this is worth 9 bucks now used.

But then I would have to leave the house to pick it up contactless at Gamestop. So kind of like a real world Fallout 76.