Fallout 76

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
For people interested in planing their characters here is a site with a character builder where you can see all the perk cards among other things.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The bows they added are a legit sneak attack weapon. If you get all the max rank bow perks (12 perception to equip them all), mr sandman, and sneak attack, you do a fuckton of damage. Combined with the Chinese stealth suit and you've got a pretty nice silent ranged attack setup.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Bethesda.jpg

So I just put a red border there around a few things..... That's from using the Bethesda launcher. CCTV? Thermal?

And while they don't sell information, they give it away for free for "benefits"? Says that they have to inform the residents of California, but I guess the above applies to anyone who uses it? That seems like the beginning of a sequel to the South Park Apple episode.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Cybsled

That is boiler plate language for the CCPA law. It doesn't mean the company in question actually obtains all that shit lol

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm one of the retards that bought this in spite of the collective wisdom from this thread, I played it once, it didn't have ultrawide support yet, and didn't center your play window with black bars. It just shoved it to the left side of the screen and then left a large section of just my desktop on the right. If you moved your mouse to far over, it would get stuck on the desktop, and force you to do an alt tab dance to try and get your cursor back. You could force it to stretch to fullscreen coverage, but then the already not as pretty as it should be game, literally looked like you took a big handful of Vasoline and smeared it into your eyes. I know they've since patched all this, but I paid full price for a one time log in on this piece of crap. I may give it a couple patch cycles and then debate loading this up again for my Fallout fix, or just modding the shit out of Fallout 4 and probably having a better experience.

My main issues with the game are lack of ultrawide (3 monitor) support and not being able to remap some of the keybinds. Not what most people care about, I know. But there are so many good games out that do allow me those options that I generally skip games that make me jump through hoops.

I did like the game well enough as a casual who didn't play much of the other games in the Fallout universe. And go back occasionally to shoot stuff for a couple of hours. Downloaded the new patch, ran into the same bs and noped out. So unless they fix those issues, will never do much more than that.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Utnayan Utnayan If you catch corona and die for going to Gamestop to get Fallout 76 ....Darwin award winner

• 2Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok so, for 9 bucks, the Wastelanders expac isn't too bad so far. I am only level 5, but I am going through the story line and such. This camping/creation thing is confusing as fuck though. Shooting is still clunky as all get out (But its been like this in every fallout) and I am definitely never buying anything on their store or subbing to their BS sub - but since I bought it used for 9 bucks and Bethesda isn't seeing a damn dime, I do not feel bad. Going to team up with someone on PS4 to go through some things. Could go south fast, but so far the NPC additions make this feel like New Vegas (Not as well written up to this point) but I am only 2-3 missions in. I just got passed the part where I destroyed everyone in the wood mill. I am ignoring the robot/non npc shit right now. That garbage is boring as fuck.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Whoever said the inventory management in this game was a cluster fuck? You were not lying.

The graphics are great. But fuck this inventory and constantly going over. Then you get “oh you can’t fast travel”. Da fuq is that!?!?!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Whoever said the inventory management in this game was a cluster fuck? You were not lying.

The graphics are great. But fuck this inventory and constantly going over. Then you get “oh you can’t fast travel”. Da fuq is that!?!?!

Yeah fast travel is wonky. Hover over where you want to go, hold down A/X (Whatever the bottom button is if on console - unsure on PC) and the fast travel option will pop up for a cap fee.

Cybsled

Some of the robot shit is good, though, and they gave a bunch of them dialogue trees. Like the protectron that is mad it has to stand next to its owners rotting corpse for eternity because of how it was programmed lol

The pioneer scout quests give you a backpack plan that boosts carry weight. At level 50 it’s 60 bonus weight (I think the base one is 10 bonus and you can craft a new one every 10 levels).

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
When can you grab a bow? I'm only level 4 and I'm trying to take down the dudes that are harassing the bar tender lady.

Hosix

All labs matter!
When can you grab a bow? I'm only level 4 and I'm trying to take down the dudes that are harassing the bar tender lady.

10 or 15 the regular bow became available for me to craft? I can’t remember.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Sounds about right. Bows are a little tricky. They aren't hitscan, so you have to lead and account for arrow drop. They also require you "charge" the arrow by holding down left click until it's fully drawn, then letting go to fire. They also require a decent amount of perks to make them deadly/OP.

On my main character I already run a sneak/sniper build, so I was able to try out bow without changing my stats really (just getting the new perk cards). I run all 4 max rank bow perks (12 perception needed), sneak attack and mr sandman max rank (5 total agi needed), and bloody mess (3 luck needed). Without a Chinese stealth suit, you'd want more sneaking perks as well to avoid detection. Sneak Attack and Mr Sandman all max rank make your ranged silenced weapon sneak attacks at night do a 3.5x modifier, so when combined with bloody mess damage boost, you do a ton of damage. At max reputation with the settlers or raiders, you get a compound bow schematic, but looks like its only 10 base damage more than a normal max level bow.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to redo perks and stats or do I have to start over. I'm only level 6 so no big deal if I have to start over.

Cybsled

Is there a way to redo perks and stats or do I have to start over. I'm only level 6 so no big deal if I have to start over.

Not until 50. Special stats only gain until level 50, then after 50 at level up you have option to reallocate a special point or pick new perk cards.

you can shuffle your owned perk card load outs at any time, though. So like I’ll run damage perks, but if I need to pick a lock, I swap out some of the dmg perks for picklock, then swap back. Supposedly they are working on the ability to save perk load outs so you can do that automatically vs manually shuffling your cards up

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Not until 50. Special stats only gain until level 50, then after 50 at level up you have option to reallocate a special point or pick new perk cards.

you can shuffle your owned perk card load outs at any time, though. So like I’ll run damage perks, but if I need to pick a lock, I swap out some of the dmg perks for picklock, then swap back. Supposedly they are working on the ability to save perk load outs so you can do that automatically vs manually shuffling your cards up
Ok sweet. Another thing about leveling. When you open a perk pack is it random perk cards or set? Also when I level a stat it's forcing me to take a card I don't want. When I do the character builder website it makes it seem like you don't pick a stat until that card comes up. So do I wait and put stats in perception until level 7 and the specific card I want or do you just pick a card and swap it out later. Kinda confused on that leveling process.

Cybsled

When you get a perk pack at level up, it gives you bonus random cards that are added to your pool of owned perk cards. However, you are given some level dependent cards at level up outside the perk packs as well when you select a stat. One thing that isn’t explained, though, is when you pick a stat at level up, you aren’t forced to pick a card then and there from that stat...you can pick a different perk card for a dif stat.

So say you pick 1 extra in STR. It will then show you some STR cards you can pick from to add to your collection. However, you can choose instead to pick something perk card wise from the other stats if you like instead.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Wtf some guy dropped some mini nuke things on me while I was crafting and have a shit ton of radiation because of it. Any other stupid shit players can do that I need to watch out for?

• 1Worf