Fallout 76

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep and that’s ridiculous. If I pay for cable tv, I shouldn’t have to pay extra for a CBS service where it has exclusive content on a network channel that should be on said channel. It’s beyond ridiculous.

Pretty much. But the other side of it is that now days there isn't any need for the cable tv bundles. Cut the cord for good finally and love it. Paid CBS for a month of time last year to watch the new Star Trek series. Binged it then canceled. They literally had nothing else to offer that I cared about. I do the same one month sub for HBO when Game of Thrones comes out.

Have high speed internet, Netflix and a temporary Sling TV sub for the Redzone and that's more than enogh tv for me. And my wallet's not getting raped anymore. Also have Amazon, but I bought that for the free shipping. Didn't even realize they had video at the time. It's good though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much. But the other side of it is that now days there isn't any need for the cable tv bundles. Cut the cord for good finally and love it. Paid CBS for a month of time last year to watch the new Star Trek series then canceled. They literally had nothing else to offer that I cared about. I have Netflix and a temporary Sling TV sub for the Redzone and that's more than enogh tv for me. And my wallet's not getting raped anymore.

Yep. I am on the fence with that once our oldest moves out. Thing is, the best internet is through cable - and rather than adjust their failing cable services - they throw caps on Bandwidth so cutting they will maintain the revenue if someone moves purely streaming (Not counting obviously game downloads, patches, music streaming) I typically run an average of 500-600gb a month usage with game patching taking up more of that all the time unfortunately - and digital sales and downloads. I have a 1tb cap. Moving to 4k has ate up some of that as well. If I cut the cord entirely, I would get dinged on overage or have to add 50 a month to move to unlimited - and at that point, my savings would be about 70 a month - of which about 40 of that I could use for something like PS Vue. it seems either way, it's going to get me.

Fadaar

That guy
I agree, which is why I subscribe to nothing and pirate everything. May get my comeuppance one day, but not today (hopefully, it's still early).

I've been a sub to Netflix and Crunchyroll for many years since they were the first to do their respective mediums well and be worth the money. Anything that doesn't show up on those two platforms gets pirated. I do also have some bundled streaming with my Comcast internet, which includes HBO so having access to that app for the PS4/mobile is $$.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep. I am on the fence with that once our oldest moves out. Thing is, the best internet is through cable - and rather than adjust their failing cable services - they throw caps on Bandwidth so cutting they will maintain the revenue if someone moves purely streaming (Not counting obviously game downloads, patches, music streaming) I typically run an average of 500-600gb a month usage with game patching taking up more of that all the time unfortunately - and digital sales and downloads. I have a 1tb cap. Moving to 4k has ate up some of that as well. If I cut the cord entirely, I would get dinged on overage or have to add 50 a month to move to unlimited - and at that point, my savings would be about 70 a month - of which about 40 of that I could use for something like PS Vue. it seems either way, it's going to get me.
My internet is up to $65.99 a month now, but luckily it is still fast and unlimited. The continually climb the price up between $1.00-$3.00 everyone couple months. This time last year, I was paying $55.00 a month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My internet is up to $65.99 a month now, but luckily it is still fast and unlimited. The continually climb the price up between $1.00-$3.00 everyone couple months. This time last year, I was paying $55.00 a month.

100/10 costs $96 a month here and that's before 15% tax. The two main options just keep raising their prices at the same times, effectively nullifying any chance at competition mattering. They know people are reliant on the internet for pretty much everything, so they're free to charge pretty much whatever they want.

And of course like everywhere else, it's provided by the same people that originally and still provide cable, so they just jack up the prices to compensate for the diminishing revenues from that.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
100/10 costs $96 a month here and that's before 15% tax. The two main options just keep raising their prices at the same times, effectively nullifying any chance at competition mattering. They know people are reliant on the internet for pretty much everything, so they're free to charge pretty much whatever they want.

And of course like everywhere else, it's provided by the same people that originally and still provide cable, so they just jack up the prices to compensate for the diminishing revenues from that.
Jesus. Power company provides their own fiber here at 250m for $45. I think a gig is 80. It's just me and the gf so 250 has been plenty. Rolling the cost into the electric bill is a nice bonus too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Im getting 400 down for 99 but that requires a tv subscription. Would be higher or not even offered otherwise. I cant remember the exact response when I wanted to cancel. Was this or 60mb.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yep and that’s ridiculous. If I pay for cable tv, I shouldn’t have to pay extra for a CBS service where it has exclusive content on a network channel that should be on said channel. It’s beyond ridiculous.

I think it's ridiculous to have ESPN 8 "The Ocho", even though I never watch it.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I was going to ask how that was. Do you have data caps?

None that I'm aware of. I've hit as much as 4.3 TB in a single month and never heard anything from them and was still hitting the normal speeds.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Where do you live? Russia?

Canada has some of the worst internet rate/service to cost ratios in the world.

Rogers doesn’t usually advertise an unlimited download limit service but they have one, offered it to us when we were going to cancel for bells slower but unlimited package.

Speeds good, I get about 18mbs on steam iirc.

As for the cost, compared to what I have seen for similar services in the states and else where... we are getting raped, just they use a hypoallergenic lube so it’s not all bad.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
FIOS gigabit here in the Philly area usually average around 800 mbps up/down through speed test. 70 a month and no caps or throttling as far as i can tell.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
True story. I have Spectrum cable but I took the cable boxes back as they charge equipment fees. I then downloaded all the channel apps like HBO GO Showtime Now, AMC, ID GO and so forth. Turns out linking those apps to my spectrum account gives me more features, more shows, and better on demand than the cable I pay for provides. Free as far as the apps go this way. I use the new 4k/HDR Fire sticks that came out just over a month ago for it. That along with tinycampro and my TV is a streaming machine, both for security cams with alerts and better channel control that the cable I do pay for.

The whole extra extra! content stuff though can suck my ass.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Over here 500/500 is about 50 euros which also includes cable tv and a landline. I use the cheaper 100/100 version which like 30 euros or something like that.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1100/1000 fios @ $85 a month. 75 soon once I return router thanks to amazing google smoking WiFi I bought.