Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (2022)

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Watched the trilogy since it's on HBO max. They seem to dwindle in quality with 3 being the worst. At least Depp brought his typical flair to the Grindelwald character in ep 2. I typically like Mads Mikkelson, but being recast as Grindelwald for 3 made the character seem extremely flat and boring.

Can't really recommend it, unless you need some background noise while housecleaning.
At least keep his hair white if you change the actor.

spronk

FPS noob
the entire final third of the movie is just a recreation of the Jan 6th incident in the wizarding world, change my mind

it even had a retarded dead bird deciding shit like Mike Pence

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I watched this for the entire purpose of seeing the Dumbledore/Grindelwald battle. About an hour in I'm thinking "okay, so they are going to fight at the nomination thing? That could be cool, big tall mystical mountain and shit", 20 minutes left and I'm realizing there will be no epic battle. This means I either have to watch another movie just for that scene, or they never film it because the movie sucked.

It's dumb because Newt is a fun character, his critters are awesome, Jude Law makes a good young Dumbledore, Mads is great, and the rest made zero sense. The animals/special effects in 2 were better, while being a shittier movie and incredibly boring.

Also, losing count of how many times dumbledore references his pole smoking was really just offputting
I haven't watched but I like Newt or whatever. I haven't heard anything positive on this