Fantastic Four

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah visually it looks nice, less campy than the latest one.

My wondering point, are they suggesting doom is from another world?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Those actors all look 17 years old to me. I like my Fantastic Four with a bit more seasoning. When I think of Reed Richards, I think of uber scientist badass with the gray streaks at his temples, not some nerdy kid who looks like he is an intern for his betters.

I am not normally one to quibble with casting and I get the whole origin story thing, but holy shit, that lineup is about as meh as it gets to me. I guess the fantastic failures of the past scared off any real folks from being interested.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Those actors all look 17 years old to me. I like my Fantastic Four with a bit more seasoning. When I think of Reed Richards, I think of uber scientist badass with the gray streaks at his temples, not some nerdy kid who looks like he is an intern for his betters.
They're stealing as much Ultimate FF, as they can, w/o saying so.
Ultimate FF begins with tween Reed getting beat up and picked on, while being saved by Ben cuz they're bff's. Ben hangs around Reed, while he's creating teleport tech, his family is annoyed w/ him particularly his macho dad, saddled with his only nerdy son. Reed shows off his tech at the science fair and is recruited into the Baxter Building, the worlds think tank for all the smartest kids, he learns he didn't teleport stuff (none of it came back) but he was tapping into the Negative zone (n-zone in UFF), the Baxter Building found out about the existence of the Nzone a year ago, but Reed was the only one to tap into it. It has now been seemingly 5 years and he still cannot create a way into the Nzone, until Victor(doom) decides to correct Reeds work, they both never cared for each other and are both kind of anti social, but they realize they can work together (reed helps him w/ robo tech). They finally succeed in creating a portal but someone changed the numbers creating an accident, only 4 survivors representing
fire
earth
water
air
survive.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Heart! With your powers combined, I am Captain Planet! (Ultimate FF had a really awesome set of stories, more so than a lot of the other Ultimate series)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Heart! With your powers combined, I am Captain Planet! (Ultimate FF had a really awesome set of stories, more so than a lot of the other Ultimate series)
Heart is papa Storm who holds the team together until he dies of course, to move the team along and give them purpose.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
AHAH i knew someone would make a reference about Captain Planet. And i still think he is the most retarded "super-hero". I mean, the guy is summoned to fight pollution but his great weakness is....pollution lol Talking about useless....

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of funny that I had to go all the way back to page 6 to find the thread for a super hero movie that's due out in a month. Even if they think it's going to bomb, you'd think there'd be more advertising.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I truly was on the fence about this, and in a way I still am...but I need to be honest, I'm starting to think this may not be bad. I have far more concerns with Batman vs. Superman and Suicide Squad being total shit than this...and that is saying something.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like it'll be a fun to watch movie graphically, though I can't picture that guy playing Reed without imagining him dancing in the footloose remake.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Hollywood chatter isreallynegative on this (Josh Trank got fired from his next job directing a Star Wars spinoff already), with a bunch of reshoots to try and turn it from the original product (basically a big budget version of Trank's Chronicle (Oh god, we're all freaks now)) to something resembling a more traditional superhero storyline.

I don't know if the low hype level is a product of Fox thinking they had the month all to themselves (before Ant-Man turned out non-disastrous and M:I5 moved in), assuming this is a disaster and limiting the ad budget, less than fond memories of the original FF movies, or just general superhero fatigue (this'll be the third Marvel-based movie this summer already) - I assume a bit of all of the above.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tranks also been talking shit to all the nerd the past yeah which also doesn seem to help much