Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Coin flip choice there. Both are similarly ranked, neither has an enticing match-up and both have question marks in their respective passing games. I play Cameron because he is for sure healthy. Davis may not even play and if he does could suffer from limited practice this week.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah Davis has been a big Q all week, I'm making sure to have a WR with a late game start ready to go for his flex spot. That WR is Jordy Nelson though and I'm a bit on the fence if he might actually be the better start anyway. If it wasn't for the Rodgers situation I'd probably just have him in there and forget about it.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I pulled the trigger and put Cameron in. I would put Nelson in personally, he most always finds a way to get the ball.

And that avatar cracks me up, can't help but laugh every time I see it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Question of the week folks:

Which Carolina bench guy should I start? Mike Tolbert or Brandon LaFell? Tolbert is almost completely dependent on TDs, but LaFell has quite a few awful 20 total yard days.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
PPR

Stevan Ridley who has been doing well or Jordy Nelson who has done jack since Rodgers has been injued but is still getting targets.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Tough call. Carolina's defense is stout, but the GB offense is next to useless without Rodgers. I'd go Ridley.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I probably start Ridley until GB and specifically Nelson proves they can function w/o Rodgers. I do think in PPR Nelson has a higher upside though, but Ridley is probably safer points.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
yeah Nelson is still getting 11 or 12 a week due to his targets, Ridley is avg. about 11 this season due to his slow start but has put up 12 or more (up to 23 one week)the past 4 weeks so I'm torn.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
New Englad is going to demolish Carolina if that helps make your decision any easier. 31 10.
You've been missin' 'round these parts.

This game is going to be closer than you think. NE's offense isn't that impressive and Charlotte's going to be a rowdy place on Monday.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was kind of assuming NE would come off the bye like bosses, but just saw this link and apparently Belicheck is "only" 8-6 against the spread after his byes.

http://walterfootball.com/betting_bye.php

So apparently they do not come out like animals after the bye.

original.0

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What kind of spreads they were up against matters too (unless they were 8/6 win/loss disregarding the spread/betting aspect too). The two decent teams Carolina has played this year were Seattle in week 1 (7 to 12 Loss) and last week against SF with a 10 to 9 win. I know the NE offense hasn't been spectacular but Gronk is back and the NE offense has been improving (Ridley is getting going, Dobson doesn't make me want to throw my TV over the balcony on every play).

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 qb start league. Standard scoring. Romo is on his bye, so was just going to start Flacco. Hearing now the weather is supposed to be awful in Chicago tomorrow during the game. High winds, T-storms... The only qb left available that will start I grabbed was Tolzien.

Assuming the weather is complete shit during the game should I roll with Tolzien vs a sub par Giants D in New Jersey?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, you have to think Torrey SMith is due to break out at some point right? 2 TD's is really low for him. He's still getting deep targets, just not hitting paydirt. With Peanut out I'd go with him and bank on this being the week.

Cruz is stuck with Eli.

Boykin/Tolzien connection is intriguing, but I'd go with the more proven guy this week at least. I'm playing Boykin and Cruz this week, but that's because Dez is on a bye. And I'm using a WR bench slot(we have position limits) on Percy Harvin as of this morning in a pure cockblock move.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah i've had Torrey on my bench all year basically, Baltimore just blows. Cruz hasn't done anything tho and I figured it's a tossup between the 3. My other 2 recievers being Desean Jackson and AJ Green (I play WR in my flex instead of 3 RBs usually).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Haha that T. Smith touchdown puts him at more points than every single other player on my team besides Delanie Walker and Matthew Stafford. I do believe this is the last year I play fantasy, I feel like there is less luck involved in playing the lottery than playing fantasy.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
And Nelson scored 17, doubt Ridley will do so well.

I need to start doing the opposite of the consensus here.
tongue.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And Nelson scored 17, doubt Ridley will do so well.

I need to start doing the opposite of the consensus here.
tongue.png
You're just using the thread wrong. Use it like I do. Start off asking your question and then just keep typing stream-of-consciousness style until you convince yourself one way or the other. Then hit submit for no real reason.