Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wallace has 2 really good games and one decent one in 11 outings. Alshon and Boykin score double digits every week and Alshon is playing the Vikes this week. I think it's between them and I'd lean heavily towards Jeffery.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do I start Tom Brady or Drew Brees? Somebody was stupid enough to drop Brady, back when he was floundering, and struggling to score more than 15 points a game. I'm leaning toward Brady, but with Thurmond suspended(they signed Cox, who used to play for the 49ers, and is an absolute trash heap), I'm reluctant.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brees should be on the list of guys that are never even considered benching. Brees has like 80 more points than Brady this year and even with his last 2 weeks being pretty tame they were still on par with Brady's. Seattle vs. Houston D doesn't even factor in to it for me. What's the mantra? Never bench studs? There's not another player over the last 3-4 years that fits that mold more consistently than Brees.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah Brees "bad" games are still like 18-20 points usually. So stable. That's the main difference between a stud QB and an average one. Every QB in the NFL will have some 30 point games but the good ones don't have those single digit games very often.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ryan Mathews, Andre Brown, Rashad Jennings, and Fred Jackson. Pick 2

Think Andre Brown vs WSH is a given. other 3 not to sure.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well I had a good day today with Stafford, Bush and Murray. After those 2 games I really wanted to put Torrey Smith into my lineup but I decided not to. Hopefully that doesn't backfire on me since he ended up with a lot of points. I've got AJ Green and Desean Jackson as my WR and at the moment I have Cruz in my flex. Fred Jackson sitting on my bench at the moment.

I can't see myself finding anything to convince me to remove AJ or Desean from my lineup but i'm still iffy on Cruz vs Jackson for my flex. Opinions?

edit: Playoffs are on the line for me, I have to win at least one of these last two weeks and possibly both of them depending on how the rest of my league goes.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Still undecided about using Fred Jackson vs Atl or Andre Brown vs WSH

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Justin Tucker was a stud for me yesterday. More points than Megatron.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ben Tate/Shane Vereen/Knowshon Moreno/CJ Spiller/Pierre Thomas. Have to pick two. Currently starting Vereen/Moreno.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So I was basically playing a guy for a playoff spot this week. Winner gets in loser is out. I was trailing by about 15-20 points and looking like I was done heading into the afternoon games. In the afternoon games he had Peyton Manning, but I had Eric Decker. I can only imagine his frustration in watching Manning blow up only to realize I was getting more points via Decker out of the deal then he was.

Ended up winning by 20 thanks to Decker and Fred Jackson.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand? I hope he started Tate and Moreno. Vereen, Thomas and Spiller are bums, despite what Spiller might have done.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Vereen is averaging 19+ points a game (when he plays) in PPR. That would make him the 7th rank RB overall if extrapolated over an entire season.