Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm banking on Big Ben's favorite red zone target Jeriatric Cotchery having a decent day against GB's terrible defense. Not much of a gamble I guess when your other options are LaFell and Tolbert. Just can't bring myself to play one of those against NO.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And in more cockblock news I've added Dennis Johnson and Kendall Wright. NO FA'S FOR YOU!

BTW any of you desperate for a RB2/Flex option should check if Johnson is available in your league. Ben Tate is out so he'll be getting starter carries against a terrible Broncos run D.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
BTW any of you desperate for a RB2/Flex option should check if Johnson is available in your league. Ben Tate is out so he'll be getting starter carries against a terrible Broncos run D.
Thanks for the heads up. Just picked him up. I may decide to start him over Cotchery.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pick four:

Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Alshon Jeffery, Vernon Davis, Dez Bryant (probably a lock to start there), Eric Decker and Larry Fitzgerald.

Right now I think I'm benching Nelson, Decker and Fitty.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brown, Jeffery, Davis, and Bryant

No brainer.

Still waffling on Rainey vs.Jennings in the flex. Leaning Rainey now. Dennis Johnson is tempting but I can't play a guy in his first start ever in my championship game.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wilson is where I'd leanslightly. Cards secondary has been getting worked the last couple weeks a bit and Wilson has never lost at home so he tends to put up better numbers there.

I say slightly because Cutler is likely to be in a shootout in Philly, and the weather shouldn't be bad so he might run up some numbers. Wilson is the safer bet, he's crazy steady this year, but Cutler has the higher upside.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Ugh, yeah that is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Cutler could easily end up throwing for 4-5 TD's but Wilson torched Arizona earlier in the year and they're depleted a little bit lately. Fuck. I'm in my championship too and I haven't really second guessed myself this much all year.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just a heads-up RE: Megatron:

Birkett suggests that he will be watching the Lions' pre-game workout to be sure, but at this stage, it looks like Megatron will give it a go Sunday, barring a pre-game setback in advance of Sunday's 4:05 ET kickoff. In any case, it's a situation to monitor prior to the second wave of Week 16 kickoffs to be on the safe side.

If he doesn't play, I'm fucked.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mathews and Allen still listed as probable for SD. If they don't start I am screwed, kinda nervous.

Edit: Seahawks D is fucking killing me!

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Pretty much how I feel about sticking with Wilson. Fuck.

yxB04Np.gif

ONE FUCKING POINT AT THE HALF. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

J7EIJ4A.gif

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I can sing a few bars of that song.

My opponent had Drew Brees so I figured I was in good shape. Now, barring a late miracle, I'm down 10 pts going into tomorrow with Tony Gonzalez vs. Vernon Davis. Fuck me.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Up 3 points and still have Foles, D. Jackson and V. Davis against L. McCoy and the 9ers kicker, looking good but still have my fingers crossed.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dodged a bullet today, opponent talked himself in to Kaepernick over Dalton and never even considered benching Stafford(would have been my choice).

JzY8OgH.png

Barring a miracle I'll be winning my 2nd straight title here. I'm watching like a hawk to make sure Kelly is gonna play Foles. I think once that's set I'm going to bed.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rivers and Allen fucked me pretty hard, he had Peyton too of course. Inexplicably I'm up 13 or so with Vernon Davis and Robbie Gould to play, he has San Fran D. Cautiously optimistic.