Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Update! Pre-point adjustments anyway...
cool.png
Awesome=D

This is how I made the finals.

bpTwJrl.png

I'm actually happy Cruz got hurt, now I don't have to worry when I bench him. That was happening anyways but it's nice to have a back up excuse.

Not sure what to do with the flex. Bobby Rainey has a good match up, but he's fucked me hard both weeks I played him. I still hate TY Hilton, I hate Michael Floyd even more. Gonna take a shot at Greg Jennings or maybe Nate Washington. Mostly as cockblock moves than to play them, though nothing is in stone. Also eyeballing Pitta.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
When cassel starts jennings has been good, but fuck those are some shitty matchups. Between foles and a pissed off manning you could put up 70+ between those slots alone, you should have a good shot at beating nearly any team. That said I'd probably roll with TY/Jennings and hope for some long TDs from one of them, good luck in the finals.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm in the finals.. Dude I'm playing has a pretty stacked team. So some Decisions I need to make.. Start[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */or[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */Both had big weeks last week.

Also I need to decide between Andre[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */or Sporles @Car..(most likely Brown)

Last but not least I need to pick 2 out of the 3.. Vernon Davis@ Atlanta, J.[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */, K.Wright@ Jax. I've ran with the 2 TE's all year. I'm hoping Thomas bounces back after last week so really leaning towards him and Vernon. It's tough b/c Wright has been great down the stretch..This is a Flex spot

My other starters are Calvin, Dez, Vareen, Seattle D and Gano

His team...
QB-Kaperbro
RB-Moreno
RB-j.Charles
WR-Decker
WR-Gordon
TE-D. Walker
D-Buffalo
K-Bironas
Flex-L.Bell

Like I said.. Stacked

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK folks here comes the champion game flex spot/WR extravaganza.

WR2: Mike Wallace(leaning here), TY Hilton, Greg Jennings(tempting). Victor Cruz is out of the running. Fuck that guy and fuck Eli Manning.

Flex: One of those guys, Bobby Rainey, Dennis Pitta, Lamar Miller(unlikely). And seriously, fuck Victor Cruz.

Flex options are what's really making me waffle, I'm pretty much set on Wallace at WR2 this week even with him in Buffalo. Not through any real faith in him, just seems like the best bet.

Rainey seems like the probably choice just because he'll get #1 RB carries against a bad run defense. But I've started him twice for a combined 5 fucking points.

Hilton is only slightly behind Cruz on my "Fuck that guy" list. He'd be ahead if Cruz wasn't considered a legit WR2 all season while fucking me.

Pitta does well against the Pats, but I can't trust a guy in my title game in his 3rd game back after getting only 4 targets last week. I guess strike him off the list, grabbed him mostly as a cockblock anyways.

Jennings is where I'm leaning a bit. Cincy secondary isn't what it was when healthy. And like littles said he gets work when Cassel starts.

Yep, think I'm set on Wallace and Jennings. Dez is WR1, he won it for me last year by outscoring Calvin Johnson's 225 yard game. I have faith in that weepy mombeating manchild.
==================================================

As for Convo's dilemma, I think I'd stick with the 2 TE's. Davis is rolling and Thomas is apparently healthy. Got plenty of targets last week and he's playing a shitass Houston team. AND Denver is coming off a loss, after their previous 2 losses Manning came out and threw 5 and 4 TD's. Have faith in your TE's.Never sit your studs

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Never sit your studs
Truth. Blows my mind when people will sit a badass like Larry Fitz because they're playing SF or something.

I would start Rainey over Jennings, Grimm. The Steelers may have scored 30 points on Sunday night, but Big Ben threw for less than 200 yards. If not for abysmal special teams play, the Steelers offense was only responsible for 16 points. Bengals do a good job of tightening up in the red zone.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't sat my studs but Kendall Wright had been a stud in his own right. I'm going with the guys who got me here. Julius and Vernon. Been pushing them all year on here. Since he has Kaperbro I'm hoping the only guy who catches a TD is Vernon Monday night!

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Welker out again is killing me, miracled last week thanks to Charles, any advice between Vernon Davis and Julius Thomas? Thomas boned me last week but he usually doesn't string them.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really hope Welker starts this week but goes out almost instantly. I have Manning and my opponent has Welker. Sorry Arch=(

As for Davis vs. Thomas, that's a tough one. You have to keep Davis in I think, but I expect a big week from Thomas. Davis has a TD for like 5 or 6 straight weeks(I think) and ATL apparently gives up a lot of TE touchdowns.

Fuck I'm glad I reached early for Jimmy Graham.

Sterling

El Presidente
Welker out again is killing me, miracled last week thanks to Charles, any advice between Vernon Davis and Julius Thomas? Thomas boned me last week but he usually doesn't string them.
Been running Julius Thomas in the flex spot in fun league 2 and it's been pretty solid if that's an option for you as well. I get that he's a tight end but he's top 3 and outpaces most flex options for the majority of teams.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Julius Thomas is one of the star players on my team. He's a pretty consistent TD producer.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They average almost the same PPG, main difference is Davis has been crazy steady over the last 5 weeks(4ish catches and a TD) and Thomas missed 2 weeks in there and didn't find the endzone in last week's shitfest.

I think Davis is the safer option but Thomas has the higher upside. So I guess I'd say it really depends on how confident you are. If you feel like you can win without going huge play Davis, but if you think you'll need an exceptional week to win go Thomas and hope.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I ran him in flex for most of the year but I swapped him out when I won the waiver wire picking up Stacy, been running Bell in flex since then.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
RB, currently have Morris in but seeing as the Skins pretty much threw in the towel this season I am questioning who to play. Picks are R. Mathews (lp) vs Oakland, D. Williams vs Saints or Morris vs Cowboys. Standard scoring.

Top 2 teams for it all, he is my neighbor and we made a side bet, loser mows the others lawn till next season. Needless to say it would be great sitting on the deck with a cold one while my yard gets done for me.

Thanks for all the help this year, only my second season playing and its a blast!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Matthews. Morris has gotten very few goal line carries all season and after the fumblefest Sunday I'm not sure that will change. I have no faith in Deangelo Williams.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Top 2 teams for it all, he is my neighbor and we made a side bet, loser mows the others lawn till next season. Needless to say it would be great sitting on the deck with a cold one while my yard gets done for me.
Damn man. That's a steep bet.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gotcha, another thing I have been thinking about. For D I have the Chiefs who have been great but I have a chance to get the Panthers who have a higher projected point total this week. Am I over thinking this or should I get the Panthers D?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gotcha, another thing I have been thinking about. For D I have the Chiefs who have been great but I have a chance to get the Panthers who have a higher projected point total this week. Am I over thinking this or should I get the Panthers D?
Never sit your studs=P

Honestly, when we're comparing 2 top defenses I'm gonna look at the opponents. Indy vs. NO. I'll bet against Indy first.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
True, seems like I'm over thinking things. I have my roster set, just need to sit back and hope for the best, thanks again.