Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
Ok guys. We are down to 8 people left in the suicide pool I entered this year out of over 300 entries. Winner gets over 3 Grand, so I am sweating about this week's pick. Of the teams left available for me to pick a winner, it seems to me that my best available choices are either Arizona on the Road against Jacksonville or Houston at home against Oakland. Could also pick Cincy at home against Browns or Giants at home against Packers. I am kind of leaning towards AZ as my pick, even though I hate to pick road teams in this format. Any thoughts?
If you take Arizona on the road this week, then you still have Houston at home against Jacksonville available next week. Houston has also lost 7 in a row, so it would be nice to see them actually get a recent win before you bet the season on them.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If the pool lasts this long, I'd save the Cincy pick for the Vikings-Bengals game.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd go with Kaepernick, he ate a pile of dicks this week but he's generally been good for 15+ the last few weeks. It's sadly close to a toss up(especially with Marshall heating up), but I'd just have to lean that way. Hmmmm...or maybe I'd go McCown since it's a crapshoot either way and NO has been solid against fantasy QB's so they might shut down Kaepernick.

Yeah, fuck it go McCown and bank on the better receivers=P

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yup, if you play Kaep this week you are pretty much depending on the read-option and Kaep running one in. Vernon Davis' status plays a role in this decision as well as the Niners 3 losses have all been when he has missed part or all of a game due to injury. Honestly unless you are in some sort of funky league I may shop the waiver wire if I were you. Otherwise, I play Kaep and hope for the running stats to put him over the top. Then again, I am a Niners fan and ever the optimistic.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
HAHAHA YOU SAID HONKY.

Completely unqualified opinion, as Brady's two rookie wideouts improve, the 6'5'' gigantor one will be favored more over Amendola in red zone situations because of non-manlet status.

My god did I screw the pooch this year on my draft with my first pick obeing out for the year. Shit, both my original starting rbs are on the 0 and shitballs teams.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
I went with Arizona as my pick in the Suicide pool. First road team I have picked all year. Just hope that the Jacksonville that shows up this week bears no relation to the mediocre team that showed up last week. I appreciate the point, gmstbfla, about Houston playing Jacksonville next week. I had not looked at the schedule for the following week, so that makes the Arizona pick easier to make for this week. I expect of the other 7 guys left in the pool, most of them might pick Arizona as well (AZ is still available to be picked by everyone left), but that is fine. If all 8 of us for some reason picked AZ, it would not matter if they won or lost, as we would all carry over to next week in either case. Last week was carnage in the pool. Lost 34 picks due to people picking Tennessee over Jacksonville. Of the 8 teams left, 6 of them had picked the Giants last week (not me - I had NO over Dallas), so I would be down to just me and 1 other guy if the Raiders had managed to pull that game out last week - was not happy about that.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have Dez on bye.. I'm rolling with Kendell Wright tonight.. Guy is so due for a TD

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I keep saying that about Shorts and it never happens.
confused.png

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I'm in a Keeper League and decided to start planning for next year. We can keep up to four players, I've got a roster of 1) Arian Foster 2) Doug Martin 3) LeSean McCoy 4) AJ Green.

I think I won.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Great game to start Donald Brown over Trent Richardson. BROWN TOWN IS BACK, BABY!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had brown and I dropped him when they traded for Trent. Is it me or should coaches be fired when a player succeeds in spite of them doing everything to not give him the ball? He never really got a chance to showcase himself the first 7 games.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm in a Keeper League and decided to start planning for next year. We can keep up to four players, I've got a roster of 1) Arian Foster 2) Doug Martin 3) LeSean McCoy 4) AJ Green.

I think I won.
That's terrible. I hope you've found a good QB and RB or elite WR somehow this year because Foster and Martin are trash.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Would go with cooper against a terrible washington D over amendola playing against a Carolina D which is ranked 2nd against WR fantasy points.
Kind of depends on who the Redskins put Deangelo Hall on. He's been shutting his guys down all year, having a career year (fucker has 3 touchdowns this season). After that though, there's a huge drop off and the 2nd receiver will get 100+ yards almost guaranteed.

I feel like Desean tears the Redskins a new asshole every year. I'd say only one of the two of Cooper and Jackson has a good game.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
TE, Cameron or Davis? Leaning towards Cameron cause of the Saints pass D and Kaepernicks shitting up the passing game. Thoughts?