Fantasy Football 2014 Advice Thread!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Have you not been watching the SF offense sputter the entire year, but especially over the last 4-5 weeks? Couple that with Seattle really starting to play well, and it being in Seattle, and you are out of your mind to not play the Seattle D.

I would be shocked if they allowed more than 3 points (shutout a real possibility) and have 2+ turnovers.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seattle/SF is safer, but the Rams D has been insane. I'm going to be flipflopping on this one until about 8:20 Thursday night. Wish StL didn't play until Sunday...

edit: I wonder if I can get this guy off waivers...

1sWeQLj.gif

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got annihilated in my playoff game this week. I knew it was going to be bad when Brandon Marshall got hurt, then Peyton did his Eli impression. I've made the playoffs in 3 of the 5 seasons I've been in this league, and I've yet to win a post season game. Guess that makes me Tony Romo. Is it just luck once you make the playoffs, or is there something I can do better for next year? I'm in a PPR league, that does an auction draft. We get 2 keepers, but their "salary" goes up 5 each year.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Well, you can try to look at the last few weeks of the season and try to project which players will have the best matchups during those weeks when you're drafting, but I think that's mostly a fool's errand and will only use it as a tie-breaker between players I think are even otherwise. It's just like the real NFL playoffs...the best team rarely wins the Super Bowl. It's just whomever got hot/good matchups for 3-4 weeks.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Seattle/SF is safer, but the Rams D has been insane. I'm going to be flipflopping on this one until about 8:20 Thursday night. Wish StL didn't play until Sunday...

edit: I wonder if I can get this guy off waivers...

1sWeQLj.gif
If it wasn't a short week for them I'd probably take the Rams D again (I had them Sunday), but I'm going to gamble on the Giants (lol Redskins).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well offense seems to be what struggles on short weeks. I'm rolling with them in one league. Still not sure in other as I have the lions too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK guys I'm so seriously right now...

QB2: Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith on the roster or I can get Jake Locker, Blake Bortles, RG3, or Derek Anderson from waivers.

So my question is, should I run a hose from the exhaust in to my car and go to sleep in there with it running, or should I just shoot myself in the face?

Also have a bit of a traffic jam in my Flex.

Tre Mason, Julian Edelman, Jordan Matthews, Mike Wallace, Frank Gore.

Pretty heavily leaning towards Edelman. He's getting crazy targets now, with 10+ in 4 of the last 5 games. And Mason is facing Arizona after having an off week against the Redskins.

edit: Switch that, dropped Mike Wallace and grabbed Roddy White. If Julio Jones is a no go against my Steelers I'll plug White in. Someone has to catch those 9 balls for 150+ yards and at least 1 TD...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have Herron, Kerwynn Williams, and Terrance West as my RB2 options - non PPR. I'm leaning toward West, simply because his best game of the year came against the Bungles and they are giving up a ton of fantasy points to RBs. I don't like Herron and West for the same reasons - lack of carries, but Williams has a horrible matchup with the Lambs.

Wut do?

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Why didn't fun league 2 update the wins from last week? I know i missed the playoffs from tiebreaker, but still.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jamaal Charles jacked up his knee this week. Because OF FUCKING COURSE HE DID. Motherfucker better heal fast or my threepeat is done...

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Watkins, LaFell, or Matthews in my Flex? At the moment I have Watkins, although he has only had 3 3 digit performances this year. I was originally leaning towards LaFell, but I never feel confident in any single Patriot to put up points. Matthews has a tweaked ankle and is going against a relatively solid San Diego rush defense.

So yeah. Watkins at the moment, but could swap to one of them other clowns. I am sure no matter what I go with will be wrong!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If he has 3 3 digit performances you have to start him. 100+ from one player is a guaranteed win!

Probably LaFell at home. Pats never call off the dogs and he's been getting plenty of work even with Edelman's targets so high. No matter who you play of the 3 it's going to be the wrong choice. Always the case with WR3/flex level guys.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Grimm: I wouldn't touch Fitzpatrick this week. Career vs. Indy he averages 190 yds, 1:1 TD:INT and Houston has never won in Indy. They will probably be very run heavy as Arian Foster ran for 109 and 2 TD's last game vs. them. I pity anyone playing against Andrew Luck/TY Hilton this week.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had Alex Smith slotted in. Finally just pulled the trigger and grabbed Locker off the FA pile. Gonna ride Stafford and Locker to victory....

MORENO-TEARS.gif

I'm stuck betting pretty heavily on the Jets D being very generous. It's not a totally crazy bet....but man...Jake Locker....

Also reeeeeally need a healthy Julius Thomas. And Josh Gordon to have some kind of instant rapport with Manziel. This is going to hurt.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rams D didn't do it for me. Had them In 2 leagues.

Need Thomas and Gordon too. Hope you're not a jinx Grim...

Pinch_sl

shitlord
I need to decide who to play as my RB2, WR2, and flex. I basically have a bunch of players who will more than likely get 5-12 points, so I am having trouble making a decision. Rankings him all of them (especially my RBs) very close as well.

Brandon LaFell (Bad game last week, but consistent performer prior. Tom Brady's 2nd favorite target behind Gronk)
Jordan Matthews (same story - bad game last week. Probably more upside but fewer targets than LaFell. Sanchez's favorite target)
Lamar Miller (Extremely consistent 10+ carries in all but 1 game, but unlikely to get more than 100 yards or a TD)
Jeremy Hill (Split carries with Bernard last few weeks, but there have been talks of Hill taking over carries. Decent upside and goal-line chance)
Dan Herron (Splits carries with the Treant, but has a fantastic YPC and also catches passes. On the Colts, there's always a chance for a TD)
Latavius Murray (Biggest upside, and received 20+ carries last week. However, he is a RB on the Raiders so there's a good chance they fall behind early and stop running.)

And I have some less likely options but I thought I would list them:
Doug Baldwin (supposedly the best option in Seattle, but not performing that way)
Charles Johnson (Has shown flashes of big-play potential the last few weeks)

Right now, I'm leaning towards J. Hill RB2, J. Matthews WR2, and L. Murray flex. I keep wanted to plug in Miller or Herron at the flex instead. Help me. I didn't play Kerwynn Williams last night and he performed pretty much as expected, right around 10 points.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'd go Miller, Matthews, LaFell or Herron.

Miller for the consistency reasons you stated above.

Matthews torched Dallas at The Death Star on Thanksgiving. Would not be surprised at all if he does it again.

LaFell and Herron is a coin flip choice to me. Texans can not stop the run very well, and if the Colts feature Herron, he should have a big game.