Fantasy Football 2014 Advice Thread!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Need Thomas and Gordon too. Hope you're not a jinx Grim...
Normally I'd just say that you know I am a jinx, but that's bullshit. Won both two years in it and tied for best record this year. I don't fuck around when it comes to my money league.

DhCGo5i.jpg

Basically if they suck it's because you are jinxingme. Probably by getting your Doug Martin stink on them.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Looking likely Julio will miss tomorrow. Fuck. Now I need to roll out Martavis Bryant.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RODDY WHITE TRAIN REPORTING FOR DUTY! CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Also if any of you can snag Harry Douglas that would probably be a good move. He'll benefit more from Jones being out than White even.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're in the "I Held on to Gordon for the playoffs" club you kind of have to play him=P

I'm sure he's smoked plenty of sticky icky with Johnny Football by now, they're gonna be sympatico.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Playoff Semifinals - I have been riding Aaron Rodgers all year, but also have Roethlisberger as my backup QB - any chance Big Ben is a better play this week in the dome against a putrid Falcons secondary? Or should i stick with Rodgers on the road against the Bills?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Christ, I hate to say bench Rodgers ever, but Benshouldhave a good week. That said, as lax as Atlanta's pass D is they're surprisingly middle of the pack in fantasy QB points allowed. And the Defense hardly matters as far as Rodgers is concerned, he's been 20+ all but 2 weeks since week 3, and those 2 were 18 and 19(both against Minnesota). I guess you dance with the one what brung ya and stick with Rodgers.

Speaking of Packers, it's been confirmed they plan to split carries 50/50 between Lacy and Starks. Adjust rosters accordingly.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't know if i was in a vanilla league, no bonuses, 4pt td's i would bench Rodgers for Big Ben. Check the weather as well, Rodgers could have a good game, but all signs point to a letdown.

Everyone says stick with your studs but fantasy football makes no sense really. How do you think the people with Peyton Manning feel? I like going with feelings and gut instincts.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So your gut would have told you to bench manning last week?

Rodgers has been held under 20 points once since week 5 and that was 19pts. Just really hard to bench a guy performing on that level. He put up numbers vrs a really good pats secondary. Ben will do well today, I'm sure. Just not something id do is all.

What's the weather suppose to be like? Rodgers is used to snow and cold playing in GB.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I have a feeling I might lose because I didn't start Rivers over Rodgers. Justin Forsett also doing nothing for me. This week going to be a disappointment
frown.png

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I have a feeling I am going to lose because I started Rodgers and he is playing like absolute shit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Things are looking up for me. Harry Douglas was a good pickup in FA last night. Thanks, Grimm!

Also, J. Hill has been fucking killer for me this season. I overcame drafting AP as the #3 pick and Zac Stacy as my 2nd RB. Manager of the Year.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn.. Down 24 in my .5PPR. He has Eagles D and Murray. I have Romo, Forte and Ingram. I need Romo to put up big numbers tonight

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
interesting.. I had Green, J. Thomas and Gordon. you jinxed me dude. Bet next week they all go off since you're out. Hopefully your bad luck rubs off on Murray too!

Doug had a good game..

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, that pretty much wraps up a loss for me. I am going against Romo and Bryant, so I am pretty well fucked.