Fantasy Football 2014 Advice Thread!

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did a 10 man ppr league tonight. I had 7th pick. My first 5 picks were Matt forte, Aj Green, Doug Martin, Julius Thomas and Andre Johnson. I'm a happy man.. I'll update the rest later
Andre Johnson as your top receiver in a PPR is A little weak. Who is the QB in Houston now?

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
My money league has goofy rosters as well(2 QB's), and 6pt QB touchdowns. They started the league like 12 years ago and did it all by hand and that's just what they settled on and everyone likes it. It's fun. This was my 2ndconsecutive championship game last year.

qjxoUgF.png
I see 4 players on your team that should have been picked in the first or second round last year. What lame league are you in? Was it a keeper league?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see 4 players on your team that should have been picked in the first or second round last year. What lame league are you in? Was it a keeper league?
I just explained, and you see there. 2 QB's and each QB TD is worth 6. So QB's always go first. Makes everything look weird. Plus it's only 8 teams so everyone is stacked unless they totally shit the bed. I think my first 3 picks(picked 3rd) were Manning, Graham, and maybe Russel Wilson. He ended up riding pine when I won the Nick Foles FA scramble.

It's very goofy and different from any other league I'm in, but it's also the most fun.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
The coaching staff of the vikings have said that they plan on AP to catch a lot more balls this year so he will be much better in a PPR league.
Yeah I have heard 50+ catches this year for AP which would put him right there with mccoy and company. I have 0 problem taking him #1 in a ppr format and will be going after him in my money league.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I didn't know that about AP. Makes my third round pick sound even better. We just started PPR this year in one of my consistent leagues and I think a lot of people missed out on that value. I ended up getting Reggie Bush, Pierre Thomas AND Darren Sproles. Add AP into the mix. I have some solid bye week plug-in players.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Andre Johnson should be fine. Fitzpatrick loves to throw. Not that he was my first WR pick anyway.. I think people forget he caught 109 balls last year...

My whole team.

PPR league. I had 7th pick..It's a 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, K, D roster

QB-C. Newton
QB-T. Romo

RB- Forte
RB-Doug Martin
RB-P. Thomas
RB-Devont Freeman

WR-AJ Green
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Kenan Allen
WR- TY Hilton
WR- D. Amendola

TE-Julius Thomas
TE- Fleener

K-Vinatieri

D-49ers
D-Rams

Overall, I think I have a really solid team. I can flex P. Thomas or TY Hilton/Amendola when matchups are right. Can't believe Forte fell to me at 7.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm doing Fanduel this year in lieu of doing teams this year (first time in a decade). Dropped $200 on it and played a bunch of 1$ games for the first week. This site is pretty awesome.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Overall, I think I have a really solid team. I can flex P. Thomas or TY Hilton/Amendola when matchups are right. Can't believe Forte fell to me at 7.
I wouldn't waste bench slots on extra D/ST's or TE's. When bye weeks do roll around you will be able to find just as serviceable options as Fleener and Rams/Niners D on waivers. Should have used those bench slots to either take high upside RB/WR flyers or to handcuff your starters. I personally would have made sure to also get Rainy if I was drafting Martin.

I also don't believe in carrying 2 QB's for the same reason.

So that would be my constructive criticism for your team, but you are looking pretty solid. Forte at 7 is a great score.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wouldn't waste bench slots on extra D/ST's or TE's. When bye weeks do roll around you will be able to find just as serviceable options as Fleener and Rams/Niners D on waivers. Should have used those bench slots to either take high upside RB/WR flyers or to handcuff your starters. I personally would have made sure to also get Rainy if I was drafting Martin.

I also don't believe in carrying 2 QB's for the same reason.
Yep. I don't carry backups for TE, QB, D, K. That's just wasted bench depth.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
just a fyi. I agree with you guys but I have 5 extra slots that are not filled. So I have the room.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just 10. We charge $5 for pickups and drops after the draft. It's just a way to make more money for the pot.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Okay, with 10 people and 11 bench slots I would have a backup QB and probably a TE then. Especially at $5 a pick-up. Carry on.
wink.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
for my 3rd keeper do I want Giovani Bernard or Jordy Nelson. My other keepers are AP and Alshon Jeffery
That really is a coin-flip there. I will point out that Nelson and Jeffery have the same bye week. Some people like stacking bye weeks just basically conceding a game to have all their starters in the line-up the rest of the season, some people like to ensure the bye weeks are all spread out so they are never down more than one starter (or some people completely ignore bye weeks and deal with that issue later).

Do your keepers cost you draft picks? If so keep whichever one would cost you the lowest pick. If not, my gut says Bernard.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I immediately lean towards Gio Bernard. It'sreallyclose, but with the law firm gone you know Gio is going to get full #1 carries.

He's getting the generic FF RB bias here though. That's really the deciding factor. Jordyshouldhave a fantastic year. 1,400 yds ~9 TD. But receivers are volatile, #1 RBs are(in theory) reliable points.

Bernard is a pretty great receiver out of the backfield, I think that's what will make me lean his way in the end. I'd say he'll be good for ~1,150 rushing but he'll give you another ~550 receiving yards and should match/exceed the 9ish TD's I see Jordy getting.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished our 10 man standard league. Not sure how I feel.

Qb: Peyton Manning
Rb: Alfred Morris
Rb: Ryan Matthews
Wr: aj green
Wr: vjax
Te:Cameron
Flex: Joique bell
Dst: bucs
K: bailey

Be:Greg Jennings
Be: Chris Johnson
Be: Wes welker