Fantasy Football 2014 Advice Thread!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wouldn't feel that great. That's a pretty weak RB corp. Gruden is a pass happy kind of coach and I don't think Morris will get the use he has in previous years. And Bell is going to split too much time with Bush. And be prepared to be pissed off at Dwayne Bowe all the time.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Hopefully now that Morris doesn't have to deal with Shananigans he should see the end zone more often this year. Outside of that he has been a solid producer. I think Green can challenge Megatron to be the #1 overall WR this year and Manning was the #1 overall points scorer last year (by a lot!) but I predict some regression with him, but still will probably be top-3 QB I bet. I loved Cameron last year as a late rd TE, to bad he plays for the Browns, would probably be up there with Thomas, Graham, and Gronk otherwise.

If I had your roster my concern would be your bench, it is filled with over-the-hill producers rather than young upside guys. Looks like you went a little bit more of name recognition later in the draft. Although Welker could end up being a savvy pick up for when he returns, hopefully it is before the bye weeks.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Welker and cj are the only bench slots not immediately on the chopping block, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did my money draft last night at the same time I was doing an online draft with some old EQ friends. That got confusing.

So here's my money league roster. Keep in mind the 2 QB spots and 6pt passing TD's mean quarterbacks rule all here. I was picking 4th, Brees/Manning/Rodgers went 1-2-3

zkJ9lxN.png

Didn't pick a kicker, went full TE cockblock on some folks. Gonna drop Rudolph for Gould or Foles. Also Cousins was like a 17th round pick just to fuck with the guy that reached way too early on RG3.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
How many people are in that league? Your team looks stacked. Bench is a little weak, but I get your strategy of grabbing all those TEs. Could be good trading chips.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did my last draft today. 12 people PPR.. I had 11th pick. Grabbed Monty Ball and Jimmy Graham on the way back.. I'm hoping Kenan Allen and Torry Smith elevate their game this year.

QB-RG3
RB-M.Ball
RB-R. Jennings
WR-K.Allen
WR-T.Smith
TE-J.Graham
Flex-Colston
K-Vinatieri
D- Carolina

Bench:
QB-Kaperbro
RB-Steven Jackson
RB-C.Hyde
WR-Jorden Matthews
WR-D. Hopkins

Sterling

El Presidente
Did my last draft today. 12 people PPR.. I had 11th pick. Grabbed Monty Ball and Jimmy Graham on the way back.. I'm hoping Kenan Allen and Torry Smith elevate their game this year.

QB-RG3
RB-M.Ball
RB-R. Jennings
WR-K.Allen
WR-T.Smith
TE-J.Graham
Flex-Colston
K-Vinatieri
D- Carolina

Bench:
QB-Kaperbro
RB-Steven Jackson
RB-C.Hyde
WR-Jorden Matthews
WR-D. Hopkins
14th pick graham in ppr makes no sense!

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So my wife ended up going into labor day of the draft, so I ended up on auto-draft minus Eddie Lacy who was my keeper and 5th round pick.
10 Team PPR here.

rrr_img_75315.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So my wife ended up going into labor day of the draft, so I ended up on auto-draft minus Eddie Lacy who was my keeper and 5th round pick.
10 Team PPR here.

rrr_img_75315.jpg
Who were the first and second round picks? I assume Graham was one of them, but autodraft fucked you on one of those picks. None of the other guys are worthy of that round. Especially in a 10 team league.

Burnem went full homer on his picks. At least they're the good fantasy Cowboys players, but that's loading up on one team a little too much.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck it I don't know. I agree. Lacy would have been a first but if you get him as a 5th round for keeper then yeah, you got screwed in what is likely second round.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Who were the first and second round picks? I assume Graham was one of them, but autodraft fucked you on one of those picks. None of the other guys are worthy of that round. Especially in a 10 team league.

Burnem went full homer on his picks. At least they're the good fantasy Cowboys players, but that's loading up on one team a little too much.
Honestly I didn't want Witten but he was quite literally the only decent fucking TE at the time and full homer would have been taking Murray and Ill probably drop Bailey for some other kicker.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My brother was super hammered by the time we drafted(we started a bit after 9, he was at the bar by 2pm). He made some unorthodox picks including handcuffing WR's with Welker and Emmanual Sanders, by picking Sanders way early. Seems like that one might work out OK.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
My only draft strategy for tonight is 'No Raiders'.

Probably not the best strategy, but not the worst, either. I'll have a lot of homer picks like Burnem, though.

opiate82

Bronze Squire

Foster was the 2nd round and I agree, was ranked way higher than he should have been. Thankfully the value I got for Lacy makes up for that but my RB corps would look way better if I were present. Oh well, more important shit was going on.
wink.png