Fantasy Grounds Curse of Strahd campaign

Sulrn

Deuces
Having problems keeping your 'axe' up without help, Smush? It's okay for an orc your age to have issues with testosterone.

Eonan

Doer of Things
So not heading home tonight, but you're in luck. Went out and got a keyboard and mouse for my Surface so I should be good to go for tonight's game. Downloading Fantasy Grounds onto it now! I shall bathe in the blood of the dragons this evening! Muwahahahahahahahahahah!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So not heading home tonight, but you're in luck. Went out and got a keyboard and mouse for my Surface so I should be good to go for tonight's game. Downloading Fantasy Grounds onto it now! I shall bathe in the blood of the dragons this evening! Muwahahahahahahahahahah!
NICE!

Eonan

Doer of Things
Only kicker is that I won't be able to stream tonight's game. So if someone else wants to do it by all means!

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Woo, that was fun last night...I wonder how close we are to completion...

Sulrn

Deuces
Reaching paragon levels of power. From a DM perspective things get a bit more difficult to tune as everything is either counterbalanced or party wipe if both sides of the screen being their A game.

Makes me curious to hear whether or not Hatorade takes one or two of you down for good before this story wraps up.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Introducing efficiency/economy issues can help mitigate that quite a bit. If the party is allowed to rest easily and constantly, fights become WoW-style "LOL BLOW ALL COOLDOWNS!!" type things and the party will probably prevail (due to having superior cooldowns), but if they're introduced into situations where they need to manage 4-6 encounters with maybe only a short rest somewhere in there, things can get interesting quickly.

Personally I'm looking forward to getting up that high! I've never experienced it outside of BG2, which is probably nothing like what it should be like.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Introducing efficiency/economy issues can help mitigate that quite a bit. If the party is allowed to rest easily and constantly, fights become WoW-style "LOL BLOW ALL COOLDOWNS!!" type things and the party will probably prevail (due to having superior cooldowns), but if they're introduced into situations where they need to manage 4-6 encounters with maybe only a short rest somewhere in there, things can get interesting quickly.

Personally I'm looking forward to getting up that high! I've never experienced it outside of BG2, which is probably nothing like what it should be like.
The game I play with my friends on Wed. nights, our characters just dinged 15 last week. We are crazy strong, especially thanks to some homebrew items lol. I love blowing shit up with my rogue. I joke about having the best single target DPS of the group
tongue.png

Eonan

Doer of Things
Eh power creep is one of the fun things about hitting higher levels. Also means that it's time to bust out challenging boss encounters
smile.png

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
I can only imagine what we are going to be fighting at the end of Princes...

In other news, I am excited about tonight and maybe hitting level 6. I gotta get Shield Mastery so I can attack, Shield slam to prone, then attack with advantage...so sexy!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I can only imagine what we are going to be fighting at the end of Princes...

In other news, I am excited about tonight and maybe hitting level 6. I gotta get Shield Mastery so I can attack, Shield slam to prone, then attack with advantage...so sexy!
No levels for a few sessions at the least. Currently I have to completely rewrite every encounter because everyone is 3-4 levels higher then the campaign calls for AND there is 8 of you
smile.png

We might actually have to split the party tonight...

I have some ideas on how to make combat turns for each player come up more often.

My main idea is coordinated attacks, the idea behind it is PC A,B, and C all attack different mobs then you can all take your actions on A's initiative as normal at the same time. If A and B attack the same target they do so with ADV and even if PC A kills it, B still uses his action for that turn. This should inspire teamwork and creativity while allowing everyone to move in chunks, group is melee heavy so spells and maneuvers that have effects won't apply to this house rule but I am thinking cantrips with no effects will. I will rely on the player to declare what they are doing, attacking, casting etc then leave it up to me who is going in chunks. If A is attacking with a sword but B wants to use Bless then B can cast bless and A will gain the benefit before attacking.

I hope above it simple enough to follow as I will be unhappy if anyone is bored due to length of time between actions so we shall see how my idea goes.

The main thing you all can do tonight is don't draw your move line until your turn and manage your own ability and spell effects.
5E Effects - Fantasy Grounds Wiki

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Fortunately I can help him with those rolls if he's struggling that badly
smile.png
least I can do for making him shit himself

Agreed about getting to lvl 6. I think that's where I can pick 2 spells from any class and add them which means I'll be able to do more then heal/support in fights