Far Cry 5

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is there a language barrier happening here? That's gotta be it, right?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Is there a language barrier happening here? That's gotta be it, right?

I don't f'ing know. He shat out a problem like a woman complaining about his day but not actually asking for a solution.

So what was the point?

Actually I'm pretty sure that everyone involved in the argument is just a retard.

I admit to being a fucking retard, I just expect everyone else to be better. But it's becoming more and more apparent that maybe everybody is as dumb as me.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I replaced the GTX 950 in my new system with a new video card, I would probably shit all over your current rig and the next. But not with the current mining inflation.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Oh boy...

1524406109477.jpg

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Got a code for this with a SSD purchase. Whoever uses it post you did so people know its gone.

RADM-UHMQ-3JN4-H8Q4 purchased via Amazon on 4/19

1.To access your free digital copy of Far Cry 5 PC Standard Edition please go to Far Cry®5 - Redeem
2.Please log in with your existing Uplay credentials or by creating a new account.
3.Enter the code provided by your retailer along with the purchase of your SSD and complete the product information required and submit.
4.You will then receive a confirmation email shortly after and you will find your copy of Far Cry 5 in your Uplay PC client on March 27th, 2018.
5.Your game is ready for download (The approximate size of the download game file is 40GB).
6.If you experience a technical problem, we kindly ask you to review the Terms and Conditions of this offer before contacting Ubisoft Technical Support to the following address: https://support.ubi.com
Additional information on this offer can be found here.
This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Thanks again for shopping with us.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got a code for this with a SSD purchase. Whoever uses it post you did so people know its gone.

RADM-UHMQ-3JN4-H8Q4 purchased via Amazon on 4/19

1.To access your free digital copy of Far Cry 5 PC Standard Edition please go to Far Cry®5 - Redeem
2.Please log in with your existing Uplay credentials or by creating a new account.
3.Enter the code provided by your retailer along with the purchase of your SSD and complete the product information required and submit.
4.You will then receive a confirmation email shortly after and you will find your copy of Far Cry 5 in your Uplay PC client on March 27th, 2018.
5.Your game is ready for download (The approximate size of the download game file is 40GB).
6.If you experience a technical problem, we kindly ask you to review the Terms and Conditions of this offer before contacting Ubisoft Technical Support to the following address: https://support.ubi.com
Additional information on this offer can be found here.
This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.
Thanks again for shopping with us.

claimed

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So without spoilers, what do I have to do to avoid certain shit autocompleting before I can get to it?

Vorph

(Already sent it back to GF, so I'm going from memory here...)

Do the Fall's End mission as soon as you get it. If you get captured twice in John's territory, it autocompletes. The Regulator and the Hit the Gas missions also autocomplete for sure.

In Faith's area, liberate the jail ASAP. I'm not 100% sure, but I wasn't about to chance it; after being captured by Faith the second(?) time you end up in the jail which is just like how Fall's End frees itself. Make sure to do War on Drugs, liberate Jessop Conservatory, and then do the Sins of the Father mission, because they definitely autocomplete.

For Jacob's stuff, the main resistance hub doesn't need to be freed so you don't have to worry about that. You do need to make sure to do the missions Search and Rescue, Missing in Action, and Get Free.

There may be more since I restarted after fucking up the Fall's End thing and was a lot more careful the second time through, and I'd definitely recommend prioritizing story missions over side missions (except for the side missions I specifically listed). Most importantly, do not rescue any more civilians than you absolutely have to and don't kill VIPs unless required either. Ignore all trucks, roadblocks, tankers, etc. unless part of a mission.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit. I realize it's already been mentioned repeatedly, but whoever thought getting captured over and over and over was a good idea is fucking retarded. I'd rather be climbing towers.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Holy shit. I realize it's already been mentioned repeatedly, but whoever thought getting captured over and over and over was a good idea is fucking retarded. I'd rather be climbing towers.

It is a terrible mechanic.
Once or even once per territory it would have been fine.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Game is just a hot mess with a lot of questionable design decisions. Most enraging thing to me so far was during the dogfight with John, which was already a pita, had him down to about 1/3rd when we strayed close enough to activate the baptism sidequest...which I then failed after getting too far away and I had to restart the dogfight with him back at 100%.

Still enjoyable with a lot of humor, but I feel like FC3 was a much better game. Never played FC4 or Primal so I can't say if it's an overall step down for the series or not. The biggest problem with the non-linear story is how strange it is for Joseph and the other heralds to have nothing to say about the fact that you've killed other members of their family.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Faith's territory seemed so weird and out of place in the setting. Everything to do with Bliss is basically flat out magic, especially Faith herself. I get that they like to put some more abstract stuff in their games to mix it up, but I felt like her territory belonged in Witcher 3, not Far Cry 5. The 'hallucinations' of Faith seem far too aware and contextual to be coming from your subconscious.

Speaking of Witcher 3, anyone else notice how much Jacob looks like Olgierd?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So, how do you like Chuck Nixon? That's the real question.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, how do you like Chuck Nixon? That's the real question.

I didn't do any of the stunts, I'll go back at some point and give them a try along with some of the arcade content.

I have to say the endings aren't nearly as bad as you guys led me to believe they would be. The secret ending is just a lame ripoff of what they did in Far Cry 4. The super obvious resist choice leads to another Bliss-tarded boss fight which was particularly annoying to me since I had saved Faith for last so I'd just gotten out of a Bliss-tarded boss fight. 'Joseph was right all along' had potential as an ending, but I think they went the wrong direction with it. I get that there are missile silos in Montana so there would be nukes going off, but it stretches my suspension of disbelief to think this one back-country podunk section of Montana would get hit with multiple nukes. I suspected that the race to the bunker would end the way it did so that wasn't much of a surprise. I youtubed the "why the hell would you ever choose this after all the shit you went through to get to this point" walk away ending, and I laughed my ass at the way that one ended.

I still think they're better than the FC3 endings, but the biggest problem is that both endings completely invalidate everything you did in the game. I'm fine with bittersweet or pyrrhic endings, but endings that just say 'none of that shit mattered' are stupid. I actually think they did a great job with the FC4 endings, you unseat Pagan Min and free Kyrat, but whoever you support to take over the country completely fucks Kyrat up. Which is entirely different from 'none of that shit mattered'.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didn't do any of the stunts, I'll go back at some point and give them a try along with some of the arcade content.

I have to say the endings aren't nearly as bad as you guys led me to believe they would be. The secret ending is just a lame ripoff of what they did in Far Cry 4. The super obvious resist choice leads to another Bliss-tarded boss fight which was particularly annoying to me since I had saved Faith for last so I'd just gotten out of a Bliss-tarded boss fight. 'Joseph was right all along' had potential as an ending, but I think they went the wrong direction with it. I get that there are missile silos in Montana so there would be nukes going off, but it stretches my suspension of disbelief to think this one back-country podunk section of Montana would get hit with multiple nukes. I suspected that the race to the bunker would end the way it did so that wasn't much of a surprise. I youtubed the "why the hell would you ever choose this after all the shit you went through to get to this point" walk away ending, and I laughed my ass at the way that one ended.

I still think they're better than the FC3 endings, but the biggest problem is that both endings completely invalidate everything you did in the game. I'm fine with bittersweet or pyrrhic endings, but endings that just say 'none of that shit mattered' are stupid. I actually think they did a great job with the FC4 endings, you unseat Pagan Min and free Kyrat, but whoever you support to take over the country completely fucks Kyrat up. Which is entirely different from 'none of that shit mattered'.
Yes and the secret ending just solidifies that pagan min is a sociopath, but he's actually what's best for kyrat.

I really enjoyed how those all those endings made you rethink how you felt about all the characters instead of just invalidating everyone

Vorph

'Joseph was right all along' had potential as an ending, but I think they went the wrong direction with it. I get that there are missile silos in Montana so there would be nukes going off, but it stretches my suspension of disbelief to think this one back-country podunk section of Montana would get hit with multiple nukes. I suspected that the race to the bunker would end the way it did so that wasn't much of a surprise.
If they'd gone with the Yellowstone supervolcano erupting instead of "LOL NUKES" I would been ok with the ending. Well, that part of it anyway. The boss fight and the very end of it all was just retarded.

sukik

Just finished this. At least the last fight and ending were unexpected.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
(Already sent it back to GF, so I'm going from memory here...)

Do the Fall's End mission as soon as you get it. If you get captured twice in John's territory, it autocompletes. The Regulator and the Hit the Gas missions also autocomplete for sure.

In Faith's area, liberate the jail ASAP. I'm not 100% sure, but I wasn't about to chance it; after being captured by Faith the second(?) time you end up in the jail which is just like how Fall's End frees itself. Make sure to do War on Drugs, liberate Jessop Conservatory, and then do the Sins of the Father mission, because they definitely autocomplete.

For Jacob's stuff, the main resistance hub doesn't need to be freed so you don't have to worry about that. You do need to make sure to do the missions Search and Rescue, Missing in Action, and Get Free.

There may be more since I restarted after fucking up the Fall's End thing and was a lot more careful the second time through, and I'd definitely recommend prioritizing story missions over side missions (except for the side missions I specifically listed). Most importantly, do not rescue any more civilians than you absolutely have to and don't kill VIPs unless required either. Ignore all trucks, roadblocks, tankers, etc. unless part of a mission.
How often do you get captured in this game?

At some point the peggies should be like "alright, we captured this guy THREE Times now, he was liberated every single time and then killed a hundred of us until we captured him again" and then just put a bullet through the back of your head.