Far Cry 5

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Game is just a hot mess with a lot of questionable design decisions. Most enraging thing to me so far was during the dogfight with John, which was already a pita, had him down to about 1/3rd when we strayed close enough to activate the baptism sidequest...which I then failed after getting too far away and I had to restart the dogfight with him back at 100%.

I had to try that fight 3 times. I had the same thing happen, then I got him to 10% and he FLEW OUT OF BOUNDS and just kept on going, lost that time too.

Capture mechanic confirmed retahded. I roll my eyes in other FPSs when they use it once, so you can imagine my feeling when it's done like 10 times.

Game was gorgeous, and lot of fun to explore the side stuff. I missed out on a lot of major items because of the capture/autocomplete BS(like Fall's End, how was I to know?)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How often do you get captured in this game?

At some point the peggies should be like "alright, we captured this guy THREE Times now, he was liberated every single time and then killed a hundred of us until we captured him again" and then just put a bullet through the back of your head.
I think you get captured once for every bar of resistance you fill. For me it was by far the most annoying part of how they presented the story. Just cut to the scene, don't make me think I have a chance at avoiding it when it's inevitable in game. By the end of the game I just put down the controller and went to the bathroom when I saw the "Capture party" message pop so the game could work itself out.

sukik

Maybe it's just 6. Faith's territory worked a little different if I remember right, but it was basically the same thing.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
iirc it was 10 times, you get 'captured' an extra time in Faith's territory.
tenor.gif

spronk

FPS noob
All the Far Cry's after 3 suffer from that same little weird thing. Most gamers go to a hub, clear out everything side-quest wise in that hub, then finish the main story quests. That actively punishes you in Far Cry games though stripping extra rewards and little cut scenes and stuff for you. Instead in Far Cry games you wanna finish all the main story quest games in a hub, then do all the side quests in that hub, then move on to the next hub.

I'm still having fun but its definitely a game that loses a lot of its charm after 10-15 hours.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Had only put 8 hours or so into this before getting sucked over into something else. Got back into it this afternoon, and I have no more story quests in Johns area (Falls End). Should I go to the jail or the other area at this point, or should I do some side missions now in Johns area? I don't wanna skip shit, so was trying to do all the story missions first like mentioned above.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
If that is a full game, even reusing the the same map albeit altered heavily I.e. Primal, WITHOUT missable content then you can count me in.

If it’s just a dlc type of thing like that shitty Vietnam one then no thank you.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They will pitch it as a full game - no way in hell am I buying this. Rental only.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Minorities coming to kill the Hillbilly's. Sounds about right!

Two young black women torturing an aging white man in front of a ruined church (maybe town hall?), called new dawn in pink letters, with pink flowers being the only appealing decoration in an otherwise destroyed landscape. I'm shocked I don't see a hammer & sickle anywhere.

• 1Truth!

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed Far Cry 5, especially the ending.

If it's more of that, I'm down.

• 1Like