Fargo

spronk

FPS noob
pregnant cop lady gets killed by lester
diner cop grandpa gets killed by malvo
lester gets woodchipped by malvo
malvo lives and goes on to his next $100k contract, spending 5 years as a taliban in afghanistan to assassinate osama bin laden

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
And it will turn out malvo kills him by giving him lukemia, or whatever the fuck disease osama had, right?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I just watched the movie tonight. The series is much much better. But I liked how they tied the 2 together with the bag of money.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just watched the most recent episode. This show is...

fargo2.gif

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
This show really is awesome. I binge watched all 9 eps the past two days but I must have fallen asleep during some part cuz what happened to the super market king? Last I remember, his son and bodyguard were driving to the cabin, and the fish started falling. Then the dad has the epiphany about returning the money where he found it originally, does so, then goes to the cabin but comes across the the wreck and his dead son. Was that actually just random chance? And did Billy Bob just give up on the money?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This show really is awesome. I binge watched all 9 eps the past two days but I must have fallen asleep during some part cuz what happened to the super market king? Last I remember, his son and bodyguard were driving to the cabin, and the fish started falling. Then the dad has the epiphany about returning the money where he found it originally, does so, then goes to the cabin but comes across the the wreck and his dead son. Was that actually just random chance? And did Billy Bob just give up on the money?
That wasn't concluded, which was kind of a disappointment. I'm not sure what he could say to the supermarket king now that he finished the plague.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This show is sometimes pure nonsense and that is why i love it. The elevator scene is pure shock but you have to realize this is dark comedy.

And it's way better than True Detective, at least with Fargo,i didn't give up watching it after 4 episodes lol

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yep. A dark drama can be things that a dark comedy can not, and visa versa.

I actually think Fargo is better, but I watched True Detective in a couple weeks so I didn't have enough time to properly enjoy it and talk about it here.

spronk

FPS noob
holy fuck what a finale

the used car salesman was in the diner with his wife and lester passes them, he was also the guy lester was trying to sell life insurance to in episode 1

the glove story was weird but cool, can think of 2-3 ways to interpret that. love little shit like that

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
No complaints about the finale.

No big surprises or twists though...I thought there might be.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Well done indeed. the only thing I would have wanted to know is what happened to his brother did they let him out of jail how pissed was he etc etc maybe b/c i like to tie a neat little bow on it.

the bear trap was fucking great.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I would have preferred it if they hadn't emulated the ending of the movie for this series. But apart from that this was a pretty good show, Billy Bob carried the whole thing and I can't imagine it being any good without him.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I would have preferred it if they hadn't emulated the ending of the movie for this series. But apart from that this was a pretty good show, Billy Bob carried the whole thing and I can't imagine it being any good without him.
I haven't seen the movie in a while, but they didn't, did they?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Well, I guess the cabin at the end looked pretty similar, and bad guy(s) got kilt. In the movie though, the husband was arrested wasn't he? Or did he suicide?

Yeah, all in all, while the ending had shades of the movie, I'm not sure it emulated it. Did they leave an easter egg at the end like the bag of money that they can play off of to start next season?

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
Well, I guess the cabin at the end looked pretty similar, and bad guy(s) got kilt. In the movie though, the husband was arrested wasn't he? Or did he suicide?

Yeah, all in all, while the ending had shades of the movie, I'm not sure it emulated it. Did they leave an easter egg at the end like the bag of money that they can play off of to start next season?
It was basically a direct reinterpretation of the end of the film; Steve Buscemi (Billy Bob) suffers a horrific injury in a shootout and heads to the cabin, lone cop (mail man) finds the cabin and suspect by chance and arrests (executes) him, wife killer goes on the run and gets caught (drowns), lady cop congratulates hubby on his collection (citation of bravery) at home, the bad guys all lose and the sweet dedicated Minnesota police lady triumphs and goes about her day... don'tcha know.

In the end I just found it disappointing that Malvo left the scene and ran despite how great that bedroom scene was. Also Lester's end felt kind of strange though fittingly goofy and self inflicted I suppose. By the way, what happened to that poor used car salesman?