Fast & Furious 9 (2020)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol yea the beef is buried alright. vin still sounds salty as fuck. "buried" like I said.

name dropping wrestling at that point in his career is pure salt and another aggressive shot at Dwayne Johnson.

someones getting knocked out on the next movie if he's back.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I never realized Hobbs was that deep a character. I thought he was just big and hit stuff.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I watched the whole first movie a few times, and I think about half of the 2nd. We went and watched this today just to get out of the house.

Holy fucking shit. I was laughing at how rediculous this was by about 10 minutes in, but the 2 dudes in space did it for me. Worth it

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wasn't planning to see this in the theater but my buddy had an extra ticket and it was at the big new theater in town so I thought why not. Holy shit. I can't even describe this. Moonraker X 1000. At that beginning action scene I legit thought I must be asleep at home and dreaming because nobody could ever write this stupid of shit and each scene just got bigger and louder and stupider.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
That is what happens when you have 50 movies and each one tries to outdo the last. Cars pulling vaults, cars chasing down mega RUS planes, cars taking on nuclear subs and next thing you know, you go Tarzan cars. Oh and tanks.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Train Truck things sliding on their roofs for about 12 minutes straight....

Kind of like Starship Troopers and Army of Darkness. It's the perfect amount of stupid.

spronk

FPS noob
in japan the movie is known as WILD SPEED: JET BREAK

origin_1.jpg

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
We just had our Monday morning safety meeting at work and I just told everyone about this movie while laughing so hard that I had tears running down my cheeks. Everyone said they're going to go watch it now.

Also, am I the only one that likes Michelle Rodriguez or something? Apparently no one here likes her. I thought she looked hotter in F9 than any other time I've seen her. I think it's because she looks a little more like a country woman in this, instead of a girl-power girl.
1624894248772.png

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
saw it today, enjoyed it. Its the goofiest and dumbest "plot" you could possibly conceive for a movie, but if you can get beyond that its fun. It pulls in so many previous movie characters and references its surprising it didn't collapse into a black hole. If you have watched all the movies and liked them, watch this. If you didn't like them, this will not change your mind in any way.

and yeah I agree Michelle Rodriguez was pretty good here, the shorter hair works. I hated her character in pretty much every movie before this but it works here.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Have not seen this yet, waiting for a good streaming rip. However, I can confirm that I hate Michelle Rodriguez, and doubt that any new haircut or movie will ever change that. To me, she's not attractive, not a good actress, and annoying as fuck. As far as her characters, I cannot suspend my disbelief enough to imagine any protagonist falling madly in love with her, or even tolerating her as a partner or something. I literally want her to die in almost everything she's ever been in. But, to each their own.

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie being a huge box office hit shows just how dire the movie theater business is right now.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
This movie being a huge box office hit shows just how dire the movie theater business is right now.
If that is your opinion, "right now" is the wrong time frame, since 7 and 8 both grossed over a billion each.

• 1Barf

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
If you asked me years ago which Franchise would approach 10 sequels, F&F was not among those listed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
not much of a tom cruise fan either i take it
What if I'm the one in love with Tom Cruise???

On a serious note, I suppose it is no different than all those fat and/or ugly comedians getting shows where they are married to/dating relatively hot chicks.

But Michelle Rodriguez still just triggers some instant dislike in me. There are many others that do too though, so perhaps it is more of a me thing. Helena Bonham Carter, Juliette Lewis, Uma Thurman. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think she's pretty hot but she just plays a bitchy/pouty/sullen character a lot of the time.

• 1Like