Fast X (2023)

spronk

FPS noob

movie opens in a week, its expected to bomb hard (relative to budget) as ticket sales right now are way, way below previous movies

i started rewatching the series last night since i haven't seen the first one in over a decade and man... its hilariously funny and bad. I forgot they were super small thieves who were jacking trucks for TV-VCRs, and Vin Diesel was REALLY REALLY bad at crime too. Second one is also hilariously bad. Huge bonus points though for having crazy hot chicks just dancing around cars in bikinis, what more do you want in life

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

movie opens in a week, its expected to bomb hard (relative to budget) as ticket sales right now are way, way below previous movies

i started rewatching the series last night since i haven't seen the first one in over a decade and man... its hilariously funny and bad. I forgot they were super small thieves who were jacking trucks for TV-VCRs, and Vin Diesel was REALLY REALLY bad at crime too. Second one is also hilariously bad. Huge bonus points though for having crazy hot chicks just dancing around cars in bikinis, what more do you want in life
And movie 3 is when they started to up their game and actually tell a real story. It all accelerated from there.

Rude

Potato del Grande

Is Vin Diesel planning on stretching this out until the Rock comes crawling back to him?

spronk

FPS noob
Interesting. What's the opening projection right now?

by comparison Fast 9 did $173m opening weekend (plus another $300m+ worldwide), china ticket presales for fast X are not great either so far. Re: The Rock... there are rumors but its spoiler-y

rumor is he makes a cameo in Fast X and is back in the family

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

by comparison Fast 9 did $173m opening weekend (plus another $300m+ worldwide), china ticket presales for fast X are not great either so far. Re: The Rock... there are rumors but its spoiler-y
it opened with $70m domestic and $173m total dom. $547 international, with $215 from china. i have seen predictions it could make $100+m less from china.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why doesn't groot get rocket to replace paul walker, theyre both blonds

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

rumor is he makes a cameo in Fast X and is back in the family
You were already corrected but 173 is domestic total. It made 236 worldwide opening weekend, not 473+, lol. Come on man. That's so far beyond being wrong. Covid was still an issue, though.

The true outlier box office wise was 7.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Franchise is probably the funnest one out there, but not really sustainable with how they're always adding big names to join the crew and having to one up the previous movie in ridiculousness while limiting CGI as much as practical.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The equivalent of a chick bringing her big fat friend to the club, I guess.

i think Brie is trying to improve her image, even though she still RBFs all her lines to the point of it being distracting. the director must pull his hair out after each scene.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Was not a huge fan of Fast 9, Am a huge fan of this one.

Feels like the anime/D&D campaign has reached its final arc, everyone is powered up, the bad guy is over the top and over powered, and all the chickens are coming home to roost.

Great time.

• 1Like