Fear the Walking Dead

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The junkie kid's rain-man shtick is a big red flag. That kid is gonna set people's teeth on edge when the show starts pouring on its inevitable filler episodes.
Exactly my thoughts! They even made him look just like Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing. The whole junky having hallucinations is so over played.

Also found it weird that the Step Dad never reported finding the blood and brains. Just kept going on with life.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seem to recall people reanimating quicker at times - didn't Rick's Lt reanimate pretty damn quick too?
1st season it took people a while to reanimate, more along the line of hours vs. minutes (kind of like original Dawn of the Dead). Then they made it far quicker as the show went on...like less than a minute quicker.

With slow zombies, the only realistic way they would take over is if you had rapid reanimation, because the only thing slow zombies have going for them in that scenario is the element of surprise initially. With slow reanimation, if someone died in the middle of the night, you'd have time to wake up the next day and cook breakfast. If they reanimate in less than a minute, then the same scenario would result in lots of victims (and thus more zombies).
Yeah, that was when it first changed, when Shane died. Before then they all took at least hours and after that they kinda flopped back and forth, as debase said, whatever supported the story arc better and now more recently it seems they all come back within minutes. Being this is the beginning of the outbreak I thought they might go back to the taking several hours, but it seems like they just totally are doing away with that. I don't remember the cdc guy saying it could be minutes, but it has been a long time since season 1.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
TWD source is also inconsistent with it as well. They managed to drag Shane's body and bury it without him reanimating but Carol died and immediately came back.

Notch_sl

shitlord
I thought the initial intro worked well. Reminded me a bit of "Lost" with the one of the leads waking up, confused as to what happened/would happen. As a viewer, though aware that FTWD takes place pre-zombie outbreak, I thought we were seeing a post-outbreak survivor camp that was compromised - and the show would ultimately be about how Nick and L.A. got there. Clearly, that was the intended message given how after Nick was struck by a car, various people came flooding in to assist in a very tight aerial camera shot which ultimately pans to a busy L.A. street. I had high hopes.

Then came the classic bullshit/idiocy we've all come to expect from TWD writers and it all went downhill for me.

(i) Travis(step-father), going into a known heroin house alone and unarmed. Also, Nick just told Trevor that a massacre took place inside. So, at best, you have the jump-scare heroin addict just chilling in the abandoned church; at worst (and more likely) you get fucking murdered and nobody knows where you are. (Spare me the "Travis did this as a means to bond with Nick." Call the police).

(ii) Nick, who is clearly a heroin junkie (hell, he had his own little set-up in the church), is perfectly normal in a hospital bed. How about those withdrawal symptoms, kids? Doubtful "a little banged up" warrants painkillers to a heroin addict. Great writing. . .

(iii) "Leaked footage" of the attack on PD/FD/EMTs. Given the angles, the footage could only be obtained by either the PD helicopter and someone/thing (dashcam) on the ground in extremely close proximity to the event. Taking that into consideration as to who was present, such footage would not get leaked overnight, if at all.

(iv) Travis and the mother, Madison, going back to the church. . .Travis saw the gore in that place, yet he brings Madison there. I can't even. . .

(v) Calvin reanimated. OMFG. Travis and Madison just witnessed their son commit homicide - which should be startling enough. But, then all three see Calvin moving on the ground: bones exposed, bloodied, parts of his face torn off. And...we stand there. Umm, how about pants-shitting screams and fleeing for your life?

Couple all the above with ridiculous anti-climactic tension builders (police motorcycle zooming by and the, wait for it, principal hunched over in a chair listening to his teachers) and the needless narratives (did they really need to drag out the daughter's relationship with her boyfriend?) and this show is going to be fun to hate watch.

Shame that this is the best TV can offer for the zombie-genre.

Oh, and next week, apparently a homeless man (zombie, but unknown to the public) gets killed by the police sparking an anti-police rally. FTWD taking on current national issues. Okay. . . #zombielivesmatter

Tenks

I thought at some point in time they addressed the inconstancy like some people are more adapt at fighting off the disease than others and they were going to try and investigate why that happens

Tenks

TWD source is also inconsistent with it as well. They managed to drag Shane's body and bury it without him reanimating but Carol died and immediately came back.
Rofl I got negged for this by some flaming retard. It says SOURCE you fucking dense retard. In the SOURCE COMIC BOOK SERIES FOR THIS SHOW the SOURCE character Carol committed suicide by zombie at the prison. Again since this person is retarded. I am referring to the SOURCE COMIC BOOK SERIES FOR THE TWD WHICH SPAWNED THE SHOW WHICH SPAWNED THIS SPIN OFF.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah, Andrea's sister turned in a couple of minutes, and that was season 1.
It may have been a couple of minutes in show time, but I'm pretty sure Andrea stayed with her sister overnight before putting her down in the morning.

Just googled it, yup:
"The next day was her birthday and Andrea put the mermaid necklace around her neck. Amy lies dead in Andrea's arms all night until morning, when she wakes up as a zombie and reaches up for Andrea, somewhat pulling her hair. Andrea apologizes to Amy for never being there for her. Andrea then shoots her when Amy sits up and tries to bite her neck. She is later buried during the funeral for the fallen campers."

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
It may have been a couple of minutes in show time, but I'm pretty sure Andrea stayed with her sister overnight before putting her down in the morning.

Just googled it, yup:
"The next day was her birthday and Andrea put the mermaid necklace around her neck. Amy lies dead in Andrea's arms all night until morning, when she wakes up as a zombie and reaches up for Andrea, somewhat pulling her hair. Andrea apologizes to Amy for never being there for her. Andrea then shoots her when Amy sits up and tries to bite her neck. She is later buried during the funeral for the fallen campers."
Ah, ok. It's been awhile since I've seen that episode. Didn't remember the overnight part.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I really don't get the hate. I thought the first episode was fucking fantastic. I can see how the junkie would get annoying in a zombie apocalypse but for now I actually thought it was well acted.

Honestly this was vastly better than I expected.

Goatface

zombie virus eliminates heroin withdraw
smile.png

btw, unless it was a body double on SoA, the Mom is still hot at 50 and amc turn up the sexy for their shows

Ganthorn

N00b
I was also thinking that at the rate at which people turn in this show (even if it is only a few minutes) and the zombie speed I just can't see zombies taking over in 90% of the big cities. Maybe in a small town where people don't know what is going on and are more remote etc but with internet/tv etc people would get a handle on it pretty fast kind of like how the people in the hospital removed the person asap. I just can't see the zombies hitting critical mass and overtaking. To me it makes more sense in Z Nation where they turn nearly immediately and right after they turn they move at the speed of a normal person running at you. That could spread fast enough imo.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Some laughable moments and things they did only for the added suspense, like backing down dark tunnels, but it was as good as could probably be expected. I mean, did anyone expect this to NOT just be a family drama with zombie neighbors when that's exactly what TWD not only is, but what made it such a widespread success? The throngs of chicks and middle aged parents that follow TWD love that shit. Those of us wanting some dark, gritty, well-acted The Wire meets zombocalypse are in the minority, I'm afraid. So, I'll just enjoy the laughs, hope for a few interesting characters, and be thankful for the occasional cool zombie. And save my ire for shows that actually had a shot at some measurable quality and shit the bed instead of this which was always going to be terrible in typical TWD glory. This franchise being terrible is part of the fun!

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
its not good, but I'm going to give it a go for at least a few more, TWD has been largely brainless enjoyment for a few years so its earned a shot. They are laying on the implied suspense pretty heavily though with camera angles and music cues. Ah well, nothing else to watch right now anyways.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Zombie Survival Index:

Playa Dad teacher: 2 (clearly able to use his cock as a weapon)
Mom Teacher: 1
Pixie Girl Who Probably Knows UNIX: 1 (saw headshot)
Johnny Depp: 5 (street person group bonus)
Black People: 0

Odds of Pixie Girl running off to find her BBD and causing someone unimportant to die.. 4/5

The couple of scenes of beating the shit out of zombies were pretty damn funny. I half expected someone to start throwing records.

Also, in the opening shot I thought "this girl has facial fuzz"

Tenks

Kirkman probably got the world's most massive erection when he was writing that he could shoot a black man then run him over twice in the matter of only a few minutes

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's okay because he was a drug dealer.

We still haven't had them bash a zombie child to death with a pipe.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't think homeless James Franco wannabe was as annoying as the rest of you I guess. Decent first episode, will watch.

Scyfi

N00b
My only complaint is they are still doing that bullshit where the driver spends more time looking at the passenger than the road. Then it is SURPRISE MOTHER FUCKER!!!! Something is in the road you didn't see because you weren't paying attention in one of the most stressful times of your life!