Fear the Walking Dead

Terial

Trakanon Raider
finished the finale last night, and i have to say that i totally forgot this was a walking dead show until a handful of walkers were introduced. It's more like a glorified soap opera in the Walk Dead world, i personally like to see a few walkers here and there, but to really leave them out is just not what should be happening. Sadly, i'll watch next season as well in the hopes that it gets better. But when you are watching the show and playing your phone at the same time and are more interested in your phone, then perhaps time to bail.

Oldbased

> Than U
finished the finale last night, and i have to say that i totally forgot this was a walking dead show until a handful of walkers were introduced. It's more like a glorified soap opera in the Walk Dead world, i personally like to see a few walkers here and there, but to really leave them out is just not what should be happening. Sadly, i'll watch next season as well in the hopes that it gets better. But when you are watching the show and playing your phone at the same time and are more interested in your phone, then perhaps time to bail.
Ya the lack of walkers was noticed but I am willing to forgive it based on they still had a few dozen of them overall in the last 2 episodes last night. They are in BFE after all and it is early after the fall. As long as they keep turning to the Rickside Vader will be pleased.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There is one detail on this show that I really appreciate. The people getting medical attention are handcuffed to the bed. Then they show something stupid that reminds me how fucking stupid these type of shows are written. So we know they have night vision goggles. Why the fuck are they looking out from a god damn valley and not on top of that ridge that the Indians always end up going? You can see them a mile away with those goggles and then you have the high ground and call your people up and eliminate them. They also have enough supplies to make a permanent base camp up there and call in the calvary when they show up.

Oldbased

> Than U
There is one detail on this show that I really appreciate. The people getting medical attention are handcuffed to the bed. Then they show something stupid that reminds me how fucking stupid these type of shows are written. So we know they have night vision goggles. Why the fuck are they looking out from a god damn valley and not on top of that ridge that the Indians always end up going? You can see them a mile away with those goggles and then you have the high ground and call your people up and eliminate them. They also have enough supplies to make a permanent base camp up there and call in the calvary when they show up.
I was more pissed at the dude torching the boat while it was still dark. That could be seen for miles around drawing everything living and dead to you. Sure it made a cool effect but why do it in the dark, let alone asking why at all at this point.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

Nevermind that they are all just civilians walking around with small arms, one decently placed rifleman could lock down an entire valley and kill hundreds of these idiots. They never show anything that would actually work, and success or failure is never decided upon based on ability, it's always a plot device. It's stupid as crap.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Grez

Molten Core Raider
I'd like to see one of these shows have the protagonists encounter the North American Islamic Caliphate group. Oh what fun.

It occurred to me, while watching this show, that the Natives are extremely lucky that it was Christians who conquered north America and not the Muslim caliphates or the Japanese empire.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

I not only didn't see that death coming, it was pretty unexpected.
FtWD rebirth is rapidly becoming complete.

Last edited:

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that sucks. I liked
Nick. For some reason I think something happened to Madison too. Nick didn't seem like the type to go psycho over the girl siding with the Vultures or them taking the stadium camp

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
Yeah, that sucks. I liked
Nick. For some reason I think something happened to Madison too. Nick didn't seem like the type to go psycho over the girl siding with the Vultures or them taking the stadium camp
On Talking Dead Chris mentions how it will affect everyone but Madison. I had the feeling as well that the dude had killed either Madison or the kid. Being as the kid is who killed Nick, I assume he killed Madison as well and when the survivors found Morgan's group they were very desperate and out of their minds. I liked Nick ok, he was one of the stronger actors on the show but as I said last year they were taking this in a whole new direction so this follows that guide. Just even more extreme than I thought they would do. Lots of anger on social media atm though.

Also verified on Talking Dead that at the end of season 4( this season ) Fear is a complete story of the previous story by the season end.

Last edited:

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Show was so bad for me last season that I turned it off mid episode one day and forgot all about it until my DVR filled up. Gave it one last final chance after hearing Morgan joined the show.

Glad I did. At least so far.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's interesting that they will complete the story at season's end. Which is honestly what they needed to do all along. Get Rick somewhere and stay safe, move onto another location/group and show a different angle of everything. Hopefully they do the same here. Trying to stick with one group just wears way too thin as there is only so much of the same beats you can muster. Still trying to mull over last night's events. I had heard they wanted to move on and do other things and requested this, much like Travis, so there is that. If it forces production to end this and try a different group, I'm all for it though. I'd love to see how this affected other areas like the Northeast or even the midwest. Cool stuff.

Oldbased

> Than U
That's interesting that they will complete the story at season's end. Which is honestly what they needed to do all along. Get Rick somewhere and stay safe, move onto another location/group and show a different angle of everything. Hopefully they do the same here. Trying to stick with one group just wears way too thin as there is only so much of the same beats you can muster. Still trying to mull over last night's events. I had heard they wanted to move on and do other things and requested this, much like Travis, so there is that. If it forces production to end this and try a different group, I'm all for it though. I'd love to see how this affected other areas like the Northeast or even the midwest. Cool stuff.
I'm curious if Morgan will die, go back to Rick or be one of if not the sole survivor and start next season with him meeting someone new. I'm down with Fear just following him and stories being just a season long around him. I think that would work pretty damn well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never thought of that. My initial thoughts is that it would just end some way, and season 5 of Fear would be all the way back at the beginning again with new people in a different locale and follow them for 4 seasons or so before rinsing and repeating again. But I do have to say that'd be interesting to follow Morgan too. BUT, they need to decide once and for fucking all if dude is a peacenik or a cold blooded killer. This back and forth shit is just old at this point.

Oldbased

> Than U
I never thought of that. My initial thoughts is that it would just end some way, and season 5 of Fear would be all the way back at the beginning again with new people in a different locale and follow them for 4 seasons or so before rinsing and repeating again. But I do have to say that'd be interesting to follow Morgan too. BUT, they need to decide once and for fucking all if dude is a peacenik or a cold blooded killer. This back and forth shit is just old at this point.
They admitted last night they didn't know either. Talking Dead for once had some actual information on the show instead of the usual bullshit.
When season 4 started they had 2 new show runners and no idea what and where to go. When they pitched the idea of Morgan, they didn't know if he would accept and how to mix him into the show. They came up with a plan and an idea and everyone agreed and ran with it. Turns out it is so far better than all the previous Fear seasons and even many of TWD ones so far.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
They admitted last night they didn't know either. Talking Dead for once had some actual information on the show instead of the usual bullshit.
When season 4 started they had 2 new show runners and no idea what and where to go. When they pitched the idea of Morgan, they didn't know if he would accept and how to mix him into the show. They came up with a plan and an idea and everyone agreed and ran with it. Turns out it is so far better than all the previous Fear seasons and even many of TWD ones so far.

I have to be honest, I've enjoyed fear far better than I have walking dead. Yeah, I still love the first 3 seasons of TWD for sure, but Fear just seems more even in its pacing and logic. The main difference is, the main characters are TOO realistic. Yeah they are behaving realisticly in the harsh new world, but at the same time it makes them hard to actively cheer for. However, that is countered by the consistently awesome characters they keep bringing in, sometimes only for an episode or two, that help drive Madison and company's story forward.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I stopped watching this halfway through season 2. Decided to give it a go again since I had heard they were "rebooting" and adding Morgan. So far I am enjoying this season so far. Kinda sucks what happened here though.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know the boat part really wore on people, but I really liked it. I think it was because I really liked Strand and I kept wondering what his motives really were in that whole thing. I thought season 2 was great and was shocked to see so many had hated it lol. Season 3 was great too. My only main gripe with the show is Madison. They can't decide what she is, and it's annoying having her jump from warm and fuzzy want to help everyone to cold blooded murder someone if they sneeze in her direction over the course of like two episodes. Then, the typical walking dead trope of them waltzing into a camp/settlement and basically being handed the keys to the kingdom. It worked in the main show because those guys truly earned their bad ass medal. Not so much with this group. And finally, the chick just cannot act to save her soul. She has one expression and it is painful to watch her mourn anyone she's lost.

Goatface

finally caught up
i enjoyed S1-3, but this season is just going downhill fast
the john-laura story was god awful
i would have capped morgan and john
but then again, they stood out in the open and let the vultures drive up and get out
they all need to die, TWD level of stupidity

Oldbased

> Than U
Haha.

Twitter is a blast tonight. So many butthurt females going you can't kill off the lead FEMALE actor.
Umm sorry but zombies don't give a shit about your feelings.

Last edited: