FedEx Cup

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Almost put up a 20 spot. That was a real buttfucking by ‘Murica.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
No more full time Tiger. He said he will play again probably but only a couple of times a year. He also said amputation was definitely on the table after that accident in California. End of an era in golf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I hadn't been paying attention to golf news at all but holy fuck did Mickelson torpedo himself something fierce.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I hadn't been paying attention to golf news at all but holy fuck did Mickelson torpedo himself something fierce.

To me it just says he has fuck you money and is beholden to no one..... I have no idea what exactly he said that caused KPMG to drop him though

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think him saying overlooking human rights violations for the betterment of golf players bottom line might have something to do with it

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He called out the entirety of the PGA and golf world. Naming specific names in the process thinking he was "off the record". And it got leaked.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Guy he was talking to is doing his biography, Mickelson saying it was "off the record" is bullshit trying to cover his ass.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Mickelson basically started a coup working with the Saudis to form/create/recruit for the Saudi Golf League for guaranteed cash for the top players / those that left the PGA and joined. Pure money grab from someone who has made the most money from golf ever besides Tiger. He pretty much burnt up all his goodwill in an effort to "force change" with the PGA or just straight peace out and take the guaranteed $XX millions per year from the terrorists since he knows he can't compete day in and day out on the tour anymore. Once a handful of the top guys flat out said they aren't joining, and Rory McIlroy putting it succinctly by saying "who's left?" last week, shit was a done deal. KPMG dropped him who has been his sponsor since 2008 and who also sponsors LPGA tournaments and others, started the downfall of other sponsors dropping him as well. He came out and apologized, but not to the PGA tour, just to his sponsors and the Saudis basically and that really cemented his fate with the tour.

he's always been kind of douchey but likable enough, but now hes just dead

here's the quote:

“They’re scary mother (expletives) to get involved with,” Mickelson told longtime golf writer Alan Shipnuck for an upcoming Mickelson biography. “We know they killed (reporter Jamal) Khashoggi and have a horrible record on human rights. They execute people over there for being gay.

“Knowing all of this, why would I even consider this? Because this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reshape how the PGA Tour operates. They’ve been able to get by with manipulative, coercive, strong-arm tactics because we, the players, had no recourse. As nice a guy as (PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan) comes across as, unless you have leverage, he won’t do what’s right. And the Saudi money has finally given us that leverage. I’m not sure I even want (the Saudi league) to succeed, but just the idea of it is allowing us to get things done with the Tour.”

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Genuinely laughed out loud at that quote- what a dumbass.

Fuck fat Phil Mickelson.

• 1Faggotry

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea the entire thing was just one of most colossal fuck ups ever. We need a Phil "I'm such an idiot" reaction

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Cam Smith has some balls going after the 17th like that with a two stroke lead. That birdie ended up saving him from a playoff. He earned the win though, it was an entertaining round to watch.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
He said in an interview after he didn't mean to hit it that aggressively. He definitely pushed it slightly.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Damn..... 9 times out of 10 going anywhere near that flag on sunday is a recipe for disaster

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Read Tiger had a practice round at Augusta yesterday in a maybe to play the Masters next week

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah Ive seen reports that he flew to Augusta this week. I hope he plays but only if he can do it without making a meme out of himself.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Nice, I read Couples said he was playing great and the thing that would potentially mess with him was just walking the 72 holes.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I just finished watching his presser and he said basically that. Nothing in his swing is limited at all, just walking causes a bit of pain. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tiger dial it back a bit this week, hit a ton more fairways than his standard and compete. Shit I cried when he won in 2019, I'll be a basket case if he does it again.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users