Fell Seal: Arbiters Mark

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Front Mission 3?

Square-Enix tactics with mechs

Most of the series never came out in America but that one and FM4 on PS2 did in our generation

Maybe wrong and off topic but actually derail worthy if we are talking about FFT replacements that people may not have played

Front Mission 3 also looks familiar. I saw that and Ring of Red briefly as a teen and never got to play, but they always looked cool to me. Thanks!

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just did Temple 2 and am headed into the desert (I tried the arena because that opened up and I got murdered so bad - I'm lvl 12ish). First fight in the desert I got spanked as well. All of my people take way too much damage and really don't dish out enough in return. I have 3 dedicated casters: Plaguedoc/mender, Wizard/Mender, Wizard/Alchemist and the melee I have can all heal as well. But, I'm spending too much time healing and not hurting anything back. Reiner with ranged and sneak attack is big dmg, but that's kind of it. Templar/knight is very resilient and hits hard using defensive attacks, but he can't taunt everything. Third dmg dealer is Templar/Merc. Also good dmg and heals and defense.

Do I need to grind some levels before moving on? Am I late to the party with all those awesome builds and weapons I read about (as far as I can tell, there would have been NO way to get them yet, at this point)? Has old - middle - age just crippled my cognative gaming abilities?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just did Temple 2 and am headed into the desert (I tried the arena because that opened up and I got murdered so bad - I'm lvl 12ish). First fight in the desert I got spanked as well. All of my people take way too much damage and really don't dish out enough in return. I have 3 dedicated casters: Plaguedoc/mender, Wizard/Mender, Wizard/Alchemist and the melee I have can all heal as well. But, I'm spending too much time healing and not hurting anything back. Reiner with ranged and sneak attack is big dmg, but that's kind of it. Templar/knight is very resilient and hits hard using defensive attacks, but he can't taunt everything. Third dmg dealer is Templar/Merc. Also good dmg and heals and defense.

Do I need to grind some levels before moving on? Am I late to the party with all those awesome builds and weapons I read about (as far as I can tell, there would have been NO way to get them yet, at this point)? Has old - middle - age just crippled my cognative gaming abilities?

Just grind one or two levels and try again. That’s all I did whenever i got spanked. I never had to grind more than that to be able to finish a battle, it’s designed fairly well like that. There are also things like hidden treasures you usually miss on the first go around, just make it a point to also grab those up after clearing a map and it will usually get you enough exp a couple of your people will level up.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
New expansion June 23rd. First time I've been excited about an expansion for a long time.

• Recruit and tame monsters to join your roster!
• Customize your monster allies with the new monster subclass system, selecting up to 2 optional subclasses from a selection of more than 20.
• Unlock 3 new human classes, the Beastmaster, Samurai, and Wrangler, adding a variety of new powerful abilities to your arsenal.
• Uncover new equipment and crafting recipes.
• Discover 5 new locations, featuring a combination of larger encounter battles and powerful named monster enemies.
• Face deadly new encounters, including the largest-scale battles seen in-game and challenging end-game content additions.
• Upgrade Arbiter's Guilds across the land to reap benefits and rewards for the party.
• New in-game system to send recruits out on missions lets you collect new rewards and open up new content.
• New songs will accompany you as you explore the land of Teora.
• Challenge yourself with new achievements!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Expansion is out today. I’m out of town so won’t be able to play til this weekend. Looking forward to checking it out.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It's also on sale for $10.19 right now. Guess I'll finally pick this up. And add it to the list of games I've never played.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's even on sale on Switch too, which was a nice surprise since it never has been before. Hopefully the Switch screen mitigates the problem I have with the game's graphics, that's why i never bought it on PC.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Green man gaming had it for $8, so I figured why not.

It looks kind of interesting but I have a pile of crap in my to-do list for gaming so never got around to it before. ( Also buying it at $40 after seeing it on sale for $15 before feels bad ).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I picked it up for switch too. If I ever travel for work again it’ll be worth it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit I suck at this game.

One day I will get through a fight without fatalities, but today is not that day ;p

Krastalvo

Molten Core Raider
I have the base game, but haven't fired it up yet. Should I get the expansion now, or complete a playthrough first? Is it like XCOM2 WotC where new mechanics are integrated into the base game for a better and complete experience?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have the base game, but haven't fired it up yet. Should I get the expansion now, or complete a playthrough first? Is it like XCOM2 WotC where new mechanics are integrated into the base game for a better and complete experience?

It’s integrated, I would just start with the DLC.

Also, you are correct Vorph Vorph the graphics on the small screen make it look a lot better. The pixels aren’t noticeable like on my 43”.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit I suck at this game.

One day I will get through a fight without fatalities, but today is not that day ;p
It gets a bit easier as you go. I petered on out this. I'm not sure how good, if any the post game is.
Character/skill progress ran out before the story missions did. So, I didn't feel much reason to keep going, and even finish any story.

the first arena fights are tough. Because its the first time you fight player like class hybrids, and party comps.

Some classes are way better then others. Both comboing skills, and stat gain.
warmage/marked is a strong combo for kyrie. focus on magic a bit over attack.
I went with templar focus for anadine. aoe attack buff. the def based attack starts strong. but then the righteous blow, and cleasning blade for mega kills.
dw gunner/bounty hunter for that chick. I like her better then the dude.
an alchemystic. just that. doesnt scale with shit... no point in even scaling its stats. just going to spam mass barrier, haste, renew, etc.
a princess-mender. both abilities, and stat scaling.
a sorcerer. a few ways to do them. note, lich, etc has better stat scaling, so will need to farm up stats. you can give em mana start, regen, and/or half mana cost, or blood magic, and have your princess/mendor feed em life.

There is a sort of juggling, good skills/build with farming stats with less ideal builds.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I picked this up with the DLC for the switch and it has crashed more often than any console game I have ever played. The only thing the crashes have in common are they are all when I'm going from the world map to another screen. Thankfully not in battle so far. Otherwise I've been enjoying it.

It really make me wish they would port FFT: War of the Lions to the switch though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I picked this up with the DLC for the switch and it has crashed more often than any console game I have ever played. The only thing the crashes have in common are they are all when I'm going from the world map to another screen. Thankfully not in battle so far. Otherwise I've been enjoying it.

It really make me wish they would port FFT: War of the Lions to the switch though.

This has happened to me twice on the switch, think I have fifteen hours or so into the switch version. Same crash for me, when going from overworld map to a battle. It hasn’t happened on the PC version, which I have more hours on.

I save before every battle so it hasn’t been a big problem. Annoying, but hasn’t caused me anger issues or anything.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Got this on sale on Steam the other day. It's exactly what I was hoping it would be, basically a re-skin of FFT. I'm excited to experiment with different builds!

BrysB

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for recommending this all! FFT is one of my favorite games and this game is delivering.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I beat the base game / difficulty on switch and was not too impressed. It's not terrible for the genre but I felt zero need to binge it like I would on normally and had a hard time picking it back up to even want to finish it.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Apparently the early difficulty was my fault for lack of attention. Patrols are much higher level than the story battles.

It got a lot easier a few battles in.

I'm about halfway through and liking it a lot.

Tame mechanic should be 100% at 1hp, not 65% though - taunting and stalling out for 10+ turns when the outcome is inevitable is just a pointless waste of time.

The variety of classes and monsters is great. Not getting AP for your secondary skillset is weird as hell though, especially with how important stat gains on level are.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Starting my first game on Custom difficulty -- Hard but with the Added Enemies slider set to Elite (adds 1-2 enemies per battle, one of which is a "special version of the enemy, with more abilities).

btw for all you guys just starting, this^ ended up being a pretty good difficulty choice for my first playthrough IMO.