Final Fantasy 16

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
8 I never bothered to play very far because of the graphics, draw, junction etc systems. In time the community has found out ways to use the card game to make it less ass but it's still ass.
9 on PC with mods is in a good spot since you have speed ups and less loading, especially higher steal rates
12 had the retarded rare loot chest system and first NA release had the generic license board. Later releases and RNG being cracked for the chests made it more enjoyable
13 I played at launch, hated it while playing, did zero extra stuff beat it and never bothered with any part of that trilogy ever again
15 was shredded on the editing room floor, diced up for DLC, and if you watched the movie you were wondering when the hell the plotlines you wanted to see would happen. They didn't.

10 is spoken for plenty, X-2 if you got past the Jpop wasn't bad but probably not the sequel story anyone wanted
Pokemon one was.. odd I didn't play I watched Happy do it. Well done for what it was but not something I'd play myself

In FF12's newer Zodiac Age version, there's some kind of trial mode where you play a series of battles with your characters from the main game (then take whatever you get back to the main game). I was able to totally jack up the game and make my characters OP with this. Near the beginning once you get access to the town outskirts and can leave, you can go to trial mode and fight your way through a few battles until you get to one in particular with a chest that can drop Danjuro. I don't remember how, but I gimped it in some way to be able to keep trying until the chest had what I wanted, then bring it back to the regular game. Very quickly I had 3x Danjuros (I think) for my characters, which is a full-on endgame weapon and obliterates things.

FF15 really was shredded. I watched the Kingsglaive movie and was so stoked for FF15 before it came out. Actually bought a new TV for it, since FF15 uses HDR and my old TV couldn't do that. How I got my first OLED. Was completely wowed by FF15 on that thing. Then I progressed in the game and quickly discovered that it had very little to do with the movie, didn't follow up on any of the plots set up by it, and didn't even feature the villains that the movie had set up so effectively. Well, you get the main villain and he's solid. However the rest of The Empire get built up and proceed to do jack squat. Hell, the Emperor himself doesn't even have a battle, he practically dies offscreen. You defeat some random enemy late in the game and then a character voiceover is like "that was the Emperor! He must have been transformed into a monster!" and it sounds like "we forgot to do anything with this major villain and need to give him a resolution real quick".

FF15 drove me nuts. It borrows a TON of elements from FF6, maybe my favorite. From the villain to the World of Ruin to the Empire and its various members (there's a Celes, a General Leo, an evil Cid equivalent, the Emperor himself, and the main villain is a fleshed-out Kefka in some ways). Except...it's like if FF6 were missing its entire second half and the first half had most of the interesting plot threads taken out after the early really good setup pre Narshe War. With the World of Ruin being 20 minutes long before the final tower. Whole thing is wasted potential upon wasted potential.

The fact that FF15 doesn't play that well combat-wise...doesn't help. I think most of the people who like FF15 just didn't have any expectations for it beforehand, maybe they didn't see Kingsglaive or the original world maps* or play FF6 to draw a comparison. Having done all of those things, 15 was the biggest letdown for me.

* - They released world maps of FF15 beforehand, then the actual game ended up only having like 1/8th of the map as part of the game world. They actually made a lot of the rest and it can be glitched-into, but it's all empty. Just unfinished as fuck. I'm particularly disappointed that you don't get to explore the Empire outside of the couple of parts in the Vector equivalent. World map had a few other really interesting-looking provinces that ended up being nonexistent. Such a bummer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Crazy how many of you missed 13-2. The ONLY bad thing about that game were paid boss dlc. That shit pissed me off to no end. Hard side boss fights are a staple to final fantasy and that was easily the scummiest thing square had done up to that point.
ff13-2 story was retarded

i played halfway through that garbage game cause of lies like this

Chris

Potato del Grande
Try forming your own opinions?
He did. He didn't like it despite buying it based on good reviews.

You can't have an informed opinion before playing a game, so these things called "reviews" are important.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
FFXIII-2 is the only FF game I did not complete but instead went on youtube and watched the ending. Something about the doomsday clock just stressed me out and made me not enjoy it.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Think the timer one was 3 and yeah avoid all games with the ticking clock mechanic, adds nothing beneficial and alienates a ton of the gamer base. Best not to give them money for it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Think the timer one was 3 and yeah avoid all games with the ticking clock mechanic, adds nothing beneficial and alienates a ton of the gamer base. Best not to give them money for it
Yea it seems I mixed them up, but the whole 13 series was really meh.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
To be fair, like many games that do this, it becomes irrelevant like halfway through, you can just block it permanently with a spell or whatever, but yeah I dislike the mechanic overall. The game itself was ok-ish but nothing great, the whole XIII series was very average stuff besides the art(as usual for a FF). Liked XV a lot more even if it was deeply flawed too.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Persona games are imo some of the only ones that do the ticking clock thing right. The first Valkyrie Profile game is awesome but when I first picked it up I was very put off with the time constraints. Not to mention you basically need a guide to get started along the "real" story. One of my least favorite mechanics after FF8s terrible mob level/drop scaling shit.

joz123

Potato del Grande
To be fair, like many games that do this, it becomes irrelevant like halfway through, you can just block it permanently with a spell or whatever, but yeah I dislike the mechanic overall. The game itself was ok-ish but nothing great, the whole XIII series was very average stuff besides the art(as usual for a FF). Liked XV a lot more even if it was deeply flawed too.
The clock mechanic made sense in the beginning because you have a certain amount of days to save people's souls before God wipes everyone out but you end up killing God at the end. I didn't like that you could make enemies extinct if you killed enough of them.

Malakriss

Final Fantasy XVI game director Hiroshi Takai revealed that, by dedicating yourself solely to the story , you could complete the game in about 35-40 hours. The game will also feature a lot of optional content to explore and most of it isn’t locked behind the New Game Plus mode. In other words, players will have access to most of the side content during their first playthrough. Though he cautioned that the studio hasn’t evaluated a precise estimate for the duration of a completionist run, based on his rough estimate, doing the main story and all the available side content in the first playthrough should take around 70 hours.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game is too white apparently. I'm quite disappointed that I cannot adequately express my dislike, or hatred (to be honest), for anyone and everyone who thinks that way.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You know what would be "IT'S LIKE WHOOAAAAA?" - Bring their bullshit 3D audio platform to receivers or use Dolby Atmos like everyone else and bring back folders to the main UI since it was launched 7 fucking years ago. It would also be LIKE WHOA! If they cleaned up their retarded store, filtered out their retarded take on subscriptions, and fired Neil Drunkman.

LIKE WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malakriss

Breakdown of FF16's rating (translated)
FF16_uugo2u29af3a1.jpg

• 1Like