Final Fantasy 16

Cybsled

RL clubs are shitholes. You pay for overpriced drinks while shitty music ruptures your ear drums and drunk people constantly bump into you and spill shit on you

As for FC, just join one. Guild hoping is a lot more common in the game for people it seems

Janx

<Silver Donator>
RL clubs are shitholes. You pay for overpriced drinks while shitty music ruptures your ear drums and drunk people constantly bump into you and spill shit on you

As for FC, just join one. Guild hoping is a lot more common in the game for people it seems
Once the Road to 80 buff goes away or we/he gets all the jobs he wants to 80+ we're going to hop to gilg and join the FoH one I imagine. Think I have more done on this new char then the existing one outside of some raid achievements.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm afraid to join any FC in FF14. Was talking to a friend of mine last night while we were farming some mounts about all the degen in FF14. Like clubbing is a big thing or something in game? Jesus christ people go the fuck out and at least do that shit in person at a real club where you MIGHT get some drunk action.
This forum has an active FC on Gilgamesh. Basically Chysamere is on seemingly 24/7 updating the exp buffs and doing whatever the airships and submarines do which I still don't understand.

Edit: Missed that you already knew 😆

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Trying to care about the whole summon/eidolon/eikon thing, but who actually cares. They look fucking sick.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Looking at FF 16. Fast paced full action combat, skill trees that you can auto fill (which, to me, indicates that they don't really matter, and you'll eventually get all of them), numbers everywhere, only AI companions, scripted action sequences, aka summon battles (they look amazing, but probably less so if you fail at the end phase and have to redo the entire thing).

I look at it and I think .... I hope Persona 6 gets announced soon.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That combat looks really busy in FF16. Not sure if I will be able to do more than "story difficulty".

But maybe it works fine when you are actually playing. It is a FF game so I will play it. Luckily it comes out during my vacation so should be able to enjoy it and not being exhausted from work.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It’s not.

Also why do even the shit tier mobs look so bullet spongey? All these awesome looking moves, crazy graphics, take 1% of mobs health bar?

They usually do that in demo reels to showcase the attack animations/combos/etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Preorder cancelled.

...no I'm serious, I actually cancelled. $99 for a steelbook edition of something I probably won't even get to for the first 2-3 months it's out and will probably only play once and will be able to pick up for free at any time from literally any local library when I'm ready to check it out, which, again, won't be on release because nothing about this has gotten me interested. Of course I'll finish it at some point because it's an FF.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand the resentment from my fellow boomers for actually having to dig deep on some action gameplay and awaken the reaction times they left behind in the early 90s, but bayonetta is actually a pretty fun game.

More important will be if customization matters or if they really dumb down the rpg of the action rpg fusion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I understand the resentment from my fellow boomers for actually having to dig deep on some action gameplay and awaken the reaction times they left behind in the early 90s, but bayonetta is actually a pretty fun game.

More important will be if customization matters or if they really dumb down the rpg of the action rpg fusion.
FF14 has zero customisation other than your choice of class, but challenging and well balanced raiding.

So I'm going to guess little customisation, maybe just picking which summons to use, but good gameplay.

I wish they would have good customisation but the series is very inconsistent on that front.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ve bought two games sight unseen at full price the past 3 years. Elden Ring and Hogwarts Legacy. I’m just gonna buy this if I’m done with 14 by then.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’ve bought two games sight unseen at full price the past 3 years. Elden Ring and Hogwarts Legacy.

Huh, same two for me. Those were both basically gambles and they turned out to be rad.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FF14 has zero customisation other than your choice of class, but challenging and well balanced raiding.

This is one of the reasons many people were underwhelmed with 14 after having played FFXI. The lack of a subjob system took away a huge amount of customisation.

The initial abilities copied from other jobs in 14 was kind of okay but they scrapped that anyway.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am trying to get in the mood to play this by playing FF15 and I just cannot get into it... even with the free Royal edition that is offered on PS+ that seems to have given me some super weapons that make combat really easy.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lolwut? Elden Ring a gamble?

I didn't really know anything specific about ER before I got it. Knew it was from Miyazaki and co which was enough for me to get it with the gift card I won from Utnayan Utnayan and that was about it. Didn't do the Network Test or even read about it much beforehand. I guess it was a gamble in the same way betting on a championship level team that wins all the time is, but yeah. Wasn't entirely sure what I was getting, got the best game of the generation.

I am trying to get in the mood to play this by playing FF15 and I just cannot get into it... even with the free Royal edition that is offered on PS+ that seems to have given me some super weapons that make combat really easy.

FF15 kinda sucks, and it giving you a bunch of weapons to make the game easier isn't gonna help. I'm pretty sure it's already like impossible to die on Easy 'cause it uses potions automatically every time your HP gets low or something like that. I used zero strategy getting through that game, just held down X the whole time and sometimes hit an item or a summon. I've got FF15 like ranked down with FF2 as far as the main series goes.

dick and balls or scissoring?

That's what I'm wondering. If it's 2 chix, then maybe my prediction of seeing Aerith and Tifa hook up in the remakes is possible. Lord knows the way they look at each other in FF7R obliterates any chemistry they barely have with Cloud so I wouldn't be surprised if that's where they're going with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user