Final Fantasy 16

Cybsled

They print less money if shitty. The single player ones have been under performing for years now. 13 and 15 landed with a plop. FF7R was able to coast off the success of the original FF7.

YoshiP was heavily involved because FF14 had been very successful and they wanted to revitalize the brand. Part of his argument for the FF14 reboot originally was the 1.0 FF14 would damage the brand.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I downloaded 15 on Psn. But everything I’ve watched of it makes me feel like I couldn’t play it without being secretly ashamed of myself. It’s awful looking. I was hopeful with this being a return to fantasy. I have 12. I plan to play that one first after zelda.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rude

Potato del Grande
I downloaded 15 on Psn. But everything I’ve watched of it makes me feel like I couldn’t play it without being secretly ashamed of myself. It’s awful looking. I was hopeful with this being a return to fantasy. I have 12. I plan to play that one first after zelda.
There's a movie you're supposed to watch before you play. Kingsglaive or something. I had no idea until I finished the game. At least that cutscenes after the first chapter made more sense.

Apparently the game had massive updates to flesh the end of the game out. I beat it when it was new and that was it. Not sure if I was stubborn or retarded. Then again I beat FF7R instead of quitting during the wall market like I should have.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
FFX-2 is the gayest of all of them. You play dress-up with a bunch of teenage girls. And a bunch of the major NPCs are like, totally buff dudes.

Speaking only for myself, I couldn't give a fuck less if there's a gay character somewhere in this game. Surprised none of the other FFs ever had one, given how fabulous Final Fantasy has always been.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The story sucked but FF12s gameplay was great, I don't know why the gambit system isn't used in more games, its still one of the best combat systems around.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I bet that the same people who want to boycott this because of a gay character think that FF9 is the best game. FF9 had a gay antagonist and a non binary party member.

FF7 has a transgender quest and I'm pretty sure that Cloud gets raped if you go to the gay bathhouse room.

FF14 has a beloved character who watches topless men squat all day:
tumblr_nmboqxG0CV1r4184no2_400.gif
Given that the main character being male is canon, that makes several love interests gay.

You can have gay stuff in games, they are 3% of the population. "The message" is when they are overrepresented, unreasonably celebrated, pushed on kids and diversity hired low quality writers/actors.

• 1Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
You can have gay stuff in games, they are 3% of the population. "The message" is when they are overrepresented, unreasonably celebrated, pushed on kids and diversity hired low quality writers/actors.

Huh, a reasonable, well thought out response in a Chris(tm) post. Welp that's enough internets for one day!

/jk

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

I bet that the same people who want to boycott this because of a gay character think that FF9 is the best game. FF9 had a gay antagonist and a non binary party member.

FF7 has a transgender quest and I'm pretty sure that Cloud gets raped if you go to the gay bathhouse room.

FF14 has a beloved character who watches topless men squat all day:
View attachment 472350
Given that the main character being male is canon, that makes several love interests gay.

Cat dude is nowhere mentioned as gay. I don’t even think he had a sexual line in the whole thing. And the non-binary was as non-binary as some random species in Star Trek. This is stretching it.

The bottom line is that Japan is full of a lot of weird shit but by and large they aren’t selling the message. At all. Unless that message is anime tiddies.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This franchise will continue to suck until it goes back to its turn-based roots.

• 4Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cat dude is nowhere mentioned as gay. I don’t even think he had a sexual line in the whole thing. And the non-binary was as non-binary as some random species in Star Trek. This is stretching it.

The bottom line is that Japan is full of a lot of weird shit but by and large they aren’t selling the message. At all. Unless that message is anime tiddies.
What about Vivi and Quena's gay child interspecies marriage and his mysterious children in the end credits?

I picked G'raha Tia for the romance scene in FF14 but my MC is female so no homo.

Fadaar

That guy
The story sucked but FF12s gameplay was great, I don't know why the gambit system isn't used in more games, its still one of the best combat systems around.

FF12 and Dragon Age did that whole thing very well

Caeden

im sorry what
yeah. I didn't even bother. I don't even speak his language. Vivi is manufactured and may or may not be human. I'm not sure Quena even has a gender. DIdn't they all look alike?

He also seems to suggest that Zidane is gay but from what I recall he was macking on women the whole time, particularly Garnett. Its been about 4 years since I played this game though and I only played it once.

I think Chris tries to be the reasonable liberal, but in reality he can't hide what he is. And he apparently sees gay shit in stuff that isn't gay just like everyone that keeps retroactively making things "queer." Case in point the recent retcon on Luke Skywalker to make him gay. I'm fucking over that. I'm tired of everything I enjoy having to be "queered" by some motherfucking marxist that has to destroy because they sure as fuck cannot create a goddamn thing worth a fuck. Holy shit. Fuck. Goddamn I'm so fucking angry now.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
FF16 will sell a shit ton even if there's a gay character in it. Chris is retarded and just trying to manufacture drama out of nothing.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm tired of everything I enjoy having to be "queered" by some motherfucking marxist that has to destroy because they sure as fuck cannot create a goddamn thing worth a fuck. Holy shit. Fuck. Goddamn I'm so fucking angry now.

I saw this today while looking up a talent in a vidya game.

I reread it several times because it Poe's Law'ed me pretty hard.

I'd like to believe that no one would whine about the representation of Lefties in video games, but I can't.

1683516066625.png

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
marxist that has to destroy because they sure as fuck cannot create a goddamn thing worth a fuck.

They really can't, can they? Always co-opting existing properties and furiously trying to bend them to be something else.

Chris

Potato del Grande
im sorry what
Only married couples are allowed past the dwarf village to go on pilgrimage to the ruins of the summoners town.

So Zidane and Garnet get married. You then have an option for Vivi and Quena to get married too.

Vivi is a 6 month old male and Quena is a non gendered frog person.

image6000_179.jpg

Disc2-pt11-conde_petie_03.jpg

A few years after the end of the game and...

vivi.png

yeah. I didn't even bother. I don't even speak his language. Vivi is manufactured and may or may not be human. I'm not sure Quena even has a gender. DIdn't they all look alike?

He also seems to suggest that Zidane is gay but from what I recall he was macking on women the whole time, particularly Garnett. Its been about 4 years since I played this game though and I only played it once.

I think Chris tries to be the reasonable liberal, but in reality he can't hide what he is. And he apparently sees gay shit in stuff that isn't gay just like everyone that keeps retroactively making things "queer." Case in point the recent retcon on Luke Skywalker to make him gay. I'm fucking over that. I'm tired of everything I enjoy having to be "queered" by some motherfucking marxist that has to destroy because they sure as fuck cannot create a goddamn thing worth a fuck. Holy shit. Fuck. Goddamn I'm so fucking angry now.
I said that the ANTAGONIST was gay, that's limp wristed Kuja and his thong.

Your brain has rotted from US politics. I'm not a liberal, you just can't belive that someone can share some of your beliefs and not others.

I hate the "message" as much as you and bitch about it constantly in the gaming/tv/movie forums, I'm just not sure Final Fantasy is there yet. Being skeptical of Putin and making fun of school shootings doesn't make me a liberal, I'm just European.

I'm pro Trump and always have been you imbecile.

Last edited:
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users