Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've had much worse luck on the raid moogles.
210: 105%
9S: 35%
Sold everything else. I've seen several strats now for Marlboro that utilize 3 Pod 153's: 2x high ATK dps (Mirage) and 1 for support unit (P Shield). I guess I will be farming out all of my 9S TM's once I finish up my farm group for Fryevia gear/materia. More to add to the stack!

Seriously considering leveling and enhancing Soleil as a support unit. If I do this, as I understand it, my next rainbow will be a Ramza, right?

It's ok Ramza wont get enhancements until 2018, because he would break the game.. Right? Right!?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've seen several strats now for Marlboro that utilize 3 Pod 153's: 2x high ATK dps (Mirage) and 1 for support unit (P Shield). I guess I will be farming out all of my 9S TM's once I finish up my farm group for Fryevia gear/materia.

If you use a strategy like that, you could ask a friend to equip their unit with Pod153, then you only need two of your own. I definitely plan to ask one of you guys to equip a friend unit like that for me when I'm ready to go back to putting in serious attempts at that dumb tentacle plant.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Taking bets on next event? Pretty sure it will be MK grind. Watch it be FF3. Gumi with the triple punch... Veritas, NieR, then FF3 all within a month.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Saw some guy beat it using the chain attack from the 9S TMR with FV capping.

Wouldn't DKC or DV be a good unit to use doing that strategy?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Taking bets on next event? Pretty sure it will be MK grind. Watch it be FF3.
Unless they skip around a bunch, FF3 mog event is due next based on JP schedule.

Saw some guy beat it using the chain attack from the 9S TMR with FV capping.

Wouldn't DKC or DV be a good unit to use doing that strategy?
If they're using the no healer Rikku re-raise strat with pod chaining, DKC or DV are nice to lower RNG because they're naturally immune to damage from the small guys, reducing the chance they die twice in the same turn. Any high atk unit should work though, as long as they're geared properly.

There's even been kills using super budget teams with minimal TM and no 5* using stuff like chizuru chains + setzer capping, so the trial isn't as impossible as it may have seemed the first few days. Like Vinen, I just haven't bothered going back yet, but once I sit down and try again, based on the videos I've seen, I think I can win.

Main thing holding me back is the tediousness of having to unequip my raid / arena teams and equip a trial team, then re-equip everyone again afterwards. WTB saved gear loadouts like FFRK.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Veritas part 2? Great TMRs. Not sure about the units, but definitely want them all.
Gumi decided to do Gumi things and delay a popular unit release? I'm shocked and amazed at this unexpected turn of events.

In all seriousness, the TMRs of the new Veritas coming out seem good. Looking at their skills, Water Veritas seems like a good mage against a water weak target, but the Wind guy seems like he uses jumps, and we know that jumps are just bad until they get "fixed" in some future patch. Don't know much about Light Veritas, but people say she's a decent finisher, just not top tier.

So I'm going to give a shot at Malboro again over the next day or so, and I'd like to ask if any of you on my friends list can setup a friend unit as follows, please do so today and/or tomorrow. What I'm looking for is:

Required:
Pod 153 accessory
Full Status Immunity (Ribbon or Discernment or Goddess Protection)
Dual Wielding
Fire or Lightning weapon (no mixed elements, fire preferred)

Would be nice:
Equipped to Diabolos Esper (with demon-killer learned)
Demon Mail if the unit can wear heavy plate
Decently survivable with 5500+ hp
High ATK is helpful

I know that's a lot of specific things to ask for, but if any of you have the resources to gear a friend unit like that, I'd appreciate it. I wanna try to get Malboro out of the way before I sink most of my energy to farming enhancement materials next week.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I can actually do that with a Gilgamesh I think... let me double check.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tiphares

Golden Squire
So I'm going to give a shot at Malboro again over the next day or so, and I'd like to ask if any of you on my friends list can setup a friend unit as follows, please do so today and/or tomorrow. What I'm looking for is:

Required:
Pod 153 accessory
Full Status Immunity (Ribbon or Discernment or Goddess Protection)
Dual Wielding
Fire or Lightning weapon (no mixed elements, fire preferred)

Would be nice:
Equipped to Diabolos Esper (with demon-killer learned)
Demon Mail if the unit can wear heavy plate
Decently survivable with 5500+ hp
High ATK is helpful
I will see what I can setup. Either DKC (full dark resist) or Orlandeau. Should be up soon.

edit: Looks like fire Orlandeau comes out better HP (5800) and ATK (791). Pod 153 and Discernment. He's setup now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Still missing Pods. I pulled two 9S and I've been splitting my pots between them. Both are around 50% and I've tossed them into my TMR team since there's no way I'll finish with raid summons.

I've got all the basic pieces for the Trial but I need to level units and farm some more TMs.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Still missing Pods. I pulled two 9S and I've been splitting my pots between them. Both are around 50% and I've tossed them into my TMR team since there's no way I'll finish with raid summons.
Smart way to finish two pods faster. I will probably just regular moogle my second one when I decide to go for it.

Arica-Jade

Lord Nagafen Raider
My 2B setup for you - if you need any changes let me know
2B.png

I also have other units I can move most of that onto like A2, Orlandeau, or DV.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Very nice, thanks! I'm trying to refresh the friends list now until one of you pops up and I can give it a whirl. Downside of having a friends list of over 3000 players is that it's a huge nightmare trying to locate a specific friend when you want them...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gumi decided to do Gumi things and delay a popular unit release? I'm shocked and amazed at this unexpected turn of events.

Well it was either lump the two Veritas banners closer together or listen to more incessant bitching about OK's enhancements being delayed down the road, since Alim decided to skip OK's enhancements this month in order to enhance all the Veritas in a single batch.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Boss to 17%, and a small add survives an aoe wave at 0% life.... wipe soon after. Hate this fucking malboro boss.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Alright thanks to you guys who setup a friend for me to try the trial. I'm giving up (again) so feel free to swap your leader back to whatever. Best attempt was 12% before it eventually falls apart when RNG decides to bend you over with something like eating a key unit + double killing another key unit on the same turn.

If curious, here's a video of my best attempt (the 12% wipe):

The first 50% is pretty easy once you know the fight and what to expect. After 50% though the fight gets serious and it's easy to wipe if any number of things go wrong on a turn.

If any of you wanted to give it a go, I could setup my friend lead for the trial, just let me know.