Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah..

jci1fPi.jpg

UfIR8JX.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I actually don't agree. The financial cost is nothing. The real cost is punishing millions of gamers that just want to play the game. I know there are a lot of salty gamers out there, but the choice is available for them to stop playing if they are unhappy with the game or company. When hackers get involved, everyone suffers. A security breach like this could take days or weeks to resolve.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I actually don't agree. The financial cost is nothing. The real cost is punishing millions of gamers that just want to play the game. I know there are a lot of salty gamers out there, but the choice is available for them to stop playing if they are unhappy with the game or company. When hackers get involved, everyone suffers. A security breach like this could take days or weeks to resolve.

Overall your right and we all know that. This banner and raid is really meh though so the downtime compensation is worth more than playing the game for me at least.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah. Idk what I'm supposed to do at work today. Cant believe this shit is still down

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
There is a HUGE different in timing and effort for remediation (bringing the game back to availability) and resolution (actually locking down the entire environment). Not bringing the game back up means either their security was so piss-poor everything was publicly availably, or they are waiting to see what all was taken and defining the ramifications of that being released.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm part of the crowd that found the situation amusing for the first hour or two, but now I'm just annoyed I can't play a game I really enjoy. Hoping they get this cleaned up soon.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If you haven't played it already, FFRK is a great game and they have a bunch of cheap/free stuff this weekend for the 30th anniversary of Final Fantasy.

Fully F2P though there's catching up for you to do on 2.5 years of content which is basically playing through a FF6 graphics version of the battles from every FF game, then 18 buffed super bosses. In addition to new events once or twice a week.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tiphares

Golden Squire
There is a HUGE different in timing and effort for remediation (bringing the game back to availability) and resolution (actually locking down the entire environment). Not bringing the game back up means either their security was so piss-poor everything was publicly availably, or they are waiting to see what all was taken and defining the ramifications of that being released.
Didn't GUMI also bring down other games they own? I don't play any of their other games, but I saw a post that Brave Frontier was taken down for emergency maintenance too. I have a feeling that they are performing inventory and tracking down any vulnerabilities. Also, it looks like two different things happened: 1) their website was hacked and 2) the game was hacked. I don't think the 5k lapis was an intentional gift from GUMI so they have to "undo" that too. Getting the website back online (new secure server) should be a simpler task than getting the game patched, online, and back to a state where gamers do not lose any progress (which causes more backlash). I noticed that the game does connect on startup before it goes to the Final Fantasy Brave Exvius splash screen. Is that connection to the device/OS service (Google Play, iTunes, Amazon)?. The next step is login to the game (GUMI server) where you get the maintenance message.

Edit: "On September 21 (Thursday), around 3 p.m. (PDT), we experienced a system disruption.
We have determined upon investigation that this disruption was caused by someone who gained unauthorized access into our system for the FFBE game, and made a threat to our hosting company.
We are currently conducting maintenance to ensure the integrity of the game system including all game data and players’ personal information." Direct from the FFBE team on FB.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This banner is really meh though

Dafuq? Prishe is a usable unit whose TM is still bis almost a year later on JP, and Werei is a solid TM that's made even better on GL since you can't stack materia. We simply got it a month late because of Nier being shoved in, but it's on par with the OK and Nier banners, and better than both the second veritas batch and third tactics batch, not to mention that god awful dev choice banner the other week. The only recent banner that's clearly better is the first veritas batch, but that banner was one of the best the game will ever see.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ffbe is back up. I do not have the 5k lapis everyone else got. Got 900 tho and a few other bullshit items

Edit- nm i didnt notice my total lapis was higher, looks like i did get the 5k too. Alright alright alright

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dafuq? Prishe is a usable unit whose TM is still bis almost a year later on JP, and Werei is a solid TM that's made even better on GL since you can't stack materia. We simply got it a month late because of Nier being shoved in, but it's on par with the OK and Nier banners, and better than both the second veritas batch and third tactics batch, not to mention that god awful dev choice banner the other week. The only recent banner that's clearly better is the first veritas batch, but that banner was one of the best the game will ever see.

I don't have the bank account to chase 5* because of a TM and we have other characters that do the things she does better already. Sure the 4* is a good TM (I pulled two already) that doesn't mean people can't find some entertainment in hackers shutting the game down for less than 24 hours. It's not like people don't have two weeks to pull on a banner or anything.

Edit: And shes down again!

Last edited:

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Managed to do the first few parts of the new event. Half way through the graphics glitches out and then it went back down. Sad times.

Hope it kept my progress cause I made most of the FF11 gear

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Damn, I missed it coming back up, and now it's down again. I've been holding top 500 in arena and top 1200 for raid rankings... hope I don't drop too far from the missed five orbs.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone else read the announcement? the 5k lapis was from the hackers... that is incredibly fucked up.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Damn, I missed it coming back up, and now it's down again. I've been holding top 500 in arena and top 1200 for raid rankings... hope I don't drop too far from the missed five orbs.
No worries. I only had time to spend 2 orbs before the connection errors started. Most people are in the same boat I'm sure.
Anyone else read the announcement? the 5k lapis was from the hackers... that is incredibly fucked up.
Hey, GUMI could have removed it easily, but they didn't. Plus they gave compensation. Pretty generous if you ask me.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Games up again, and I finally got on for the first time since yesterday afternoon. Looks like I got the 5k lapis too, even though I wasn't around for the whole ordeal, so yay I guess.

I was at rank 7300 after using my arena orbs, so I did a single arena refresh and ended at rank 242, so overall I'm 5800 lapis richer with no loss of ranking after the recent problems.

I'm sure everyone's happy about the extra lapis, but it really won't be "free". They're probably going to cancel some promotional giveaway they had scheduled in the future to compensate for everyone getting an extra 6k for no reason.

Edit: Also, those of you who never spend your energy potions, don't forget there's a cap of 199, so make sure you aren't wasting them at cap, especially since they gave out like 30 more today.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Weird, seems I did not get the 5k lapis. I logged in yesterday morning but didnt mess with the game again until later in the evening after it was already down after the hacking. Kinda crappy, wanted to use that for the Ayaka banner.