Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Nicely done! The materia rocks :)

Next two events we're getting are FF11 raid this Friday, then the FF15 king mog event the following week. Hopefully Noctis gives 100% synergy bonus.

We're also getting the next legendary weapon boss "soon", and that one's a true 10 man fight. Reward is a 120 spr staff that gives dualcast and holy, along with a +30% MAG/SPR materia as a mission reward.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Amazon has FFBE listed for coins back right now. Edit: Just saw that it is only 5% until the 16th. Better than nothing since FFBE is rarely on that list.

So we are either getting a raid (FF XI) or exploration (Kingsglaive) this week. I know nothing about the units for either banner. Anything to be excited about?

Last edited:

Tabris

Trakanon Raider
Amazon has FFBE listed for coins back right now. Edit: Just saw that it is only 5% until the 16th. Better than nothing since FFBE is rarely on that list.

So we are either getting a raid (FF XI) or exploration (Kingsglaive) this week. I know nothing about the units for either banner. Anything to be excited about?

I looked and can't find on Amazon's site on coins back. O you have a link?

Nocello

Golden Squire
Screenshot_20170913-015133.png
I looked and can't find on Amazon's site on coins back. O you have a link?
Here's the email they sent me.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
This weeks Shadowlord raid is going to be different than usual. He's effectively immune to damage on turn one, so impossible to OTK. Then starting on turn two he rotates between weak to physical or magical every few turns (random order). That means we're going to have to build a more balanced team that can survive instead of running 6x DPS.

I think I'm going to run Fryevia, friend Fryevia, and Dark Cecil as my dps slots. When he's vulnerable to magic the Fryevia chain will do huge damage. When he's vulnerable to physical, Dark Cecil capping the Fryevia chain will do a lot of damage. Boss is 100% resist to darkness, but after DKC imperil he will be neutral to dark and it's still a 750% damage finishing hit (he's my best option for finishers). Getting tired of most bosses and trials having dark resist to be honest.

I may have to adjust my team some to handle the boss when no Fryevia friends are available to bring, but I'll need to see just how hard the raid boss is to determine what changes need to be made.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
This weeks Shadowlord raid is going to be different than usual. He's effectively immune to damage on turn one, so impossible to OTK. Then starting on turn two he rotates between weak to physical or magical every few turns (random order). That means we're going to have to build a more balanced team that can survive instead of running 6x DPS.

I think I'm going to run Fryevia, friend Fryevia, and Dark Cecil as my dps slots. When he's vulnerable to magic the Fryevia chain will do huge damage. When he's vulnerable to physical, Dark Cecil capping the Fryevia chain will do a lot of damage. Boss is 100% resist to darkness, but after DKC imperil he will be neutral to dark and it's still a 750% damage finishing hit (he's my best option for finishers). Getting tired of most bosses and trials having dark resist to be honest.

I may have to adjust my team some to handle the boss when no Fryevia friends are available to bring, but I'll need to see just how hard the raid boss is to determine what changes need to be made.
I will put up Fryevia for the raid.

Molten Core Raider
Tiphares, if it's not too much trouble, could you put up a Dark Ifrit/Siren killing kitted Orlandeau for me to give that a run real fast? Pretty sure I can brute force my way through using your Orlandeau and mine according to one of the strats I read.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I leveled up two Shantotto to try out Tornado chaining, and it's insane. Do any upcoming real units learn that spell?

Edit: Looked up the answer myself. The next unit to learn Tornado is Kid Rydia (5* base), which just came out in JP, so something like 8+ months until we can use it for real. Sadface, it's really strong. Too bad Shantotto has like 2k hp and runs out of mana on the second cast.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Tiphares, if it's not too much trouble, could you put up a Dark Ifrit/Siren killing kitted Orlandeau for me to give that a run real fast? Pretty sure I can brute force my way through using your Orlandeau and mine according to one of the strats I read.
Sure. Lemme look up the gear he needs. Excal, Ifrit, Bird Killer. Ok. He is all set. Good luck!

I will switch to Fryevia when the raid starts. Usually takes me a few tries to smooth out my team and strat.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Thanks much, attempt #1 was an unmitigated disaster :p Ill give it one more try later tonight when you pop back up on the friends list and hopefully do better. My chaining skills need work :p

Edit - Attempt #2 went much better, got em down. Thanks much!

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I leveled up two Shantotto to try out Tornado chaining, and it's insane. Do any upcoming real units learn that spell?

Edit: Looked up the answer myself. The next unit to learn Tornado is Kid Rydia (5* base), which just came out in JP, so something like 8+ months until we can use it for real. Sadface, it's really strong. Too bad Shantotto has like 2k hp and runs out of mana on the second cast.

William isn't as far off and has a similar earth element spell.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Did Shadowlord with the team I mentioned earlier, and it worked well enough. I could have probably won on round 3 if I had went for it, but if he doesn't die on round 3 he self-dispels then does big damage, so I played it safe and guarded on round 3 instead, then finished him during the next phase.

Fryevia's for magic, Dark Cecil for physical. Next kill I'm going to toss a blind immunity on my Earth Veritas so he doesn't miss nearly all of his counters and that should give me the orbs to finish esper mission easily enough without someone like Garnet. Video here: Shadowlord ELT

William isn't as far off and has a similar earth element spell.
If William can chain like Shantotto, I'll definitely be going for at least two!

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Fryevia is MVP again. If anyone has her, set her up with high MAG and Demon killer accessory, Diabolos, and materia. So far, I have not had any trouble killing him by the 3rd round. I cap the Fryevia chains with DKC like Sinzar.

Vinen

God is dead
Did 1 10+1 and got 2 Werei. Yay for being done on the banner so easily. I'd like a few Prishe but kinda bored with spending. Will def spend for Ayaka though when she shows up.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Did they fix the thing where you can just close the app and reopen it to be able to choose a friend that you just used?
Not too sure, but it's a lot of headache to keep refreshing the friends list for raids, since we have to farm it so often for two weeks. I ended up swapping my lineup some and dropping Earth Veritas (his counters are super annoying and drag the fight out) and instead I stuck Noctis on the team with Pod153 and Excalibur. Now I can easily kill him within 3 rounds with either Fryevia or Orlandeau friend, and one of them are almost always available.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
jesus this guy is painful. I didn't setup my team correctly and holy shit is this painful.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you're having trouble with Shadowlord, you can stick to a single damage type and wait it out until he goes weak to your team. Building a mixed phys/mag team will speed up the fight a lot, but it's not required if you don't have the gear to build that way.

Keep his atk/mag broken (he self dispels, so be sure to re-apply as needed), use dark resist to mitigate his magic attacks, and use an AoE cover tank to handle his physical attacks. ELT doesn't have a time limit to win, so taking it slow is fine.

Molten Core Raider
Did they fix the thing where you can just close the app and reopen it to be able to choose a friend that you just used?

Not that Im aware. I tried that, relogging to title, logging into the game on memu then back onto the game on my phone and nothing seemed to refresh the friends list, I just had to wait it out.

I think Im stuck doing the Pro version of this fight for a while. My Fryevia is weak compared to my physical chainers and I lack good Dark Veritas friends. Best I've managed is 32%, not sure it's worth the slog versus just blowing his ass up in Pro.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not that Im aware. I tried that, relogging to title, logging into the game on memu then back onto the game on my phone and nothing seemed to refresh the friends list, I just had to wait it out. And by refresh I mean completely close ffbe from your app list, not just go to the starting screen like pad

I think Im stuck doing the Pro version of this fight for a while. My Fryevia is weak compared to my physical chainers and I lack good Dark Veritas friends. Best I've managed is 32%, not sure it's worth the slog versus just blowing his ass up in Pro.

Sometimes I takes a couple times to refresh for me and sometimes I just takes 1 time. I also noticed if i use like sinzar, tiphares and arica, then refresh, it will only let me choose 1 of them a 2nd time and I'll have to refresh again if I wanna use the other ones a 2nd time.

I'm Def just doing pro this time. No flippin way I'm grinding him down 15 times a day on elt