Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Angelwatch Angelwatch Sometime before the event releases tonight, would you mind equipping your Trance Terra friend onto Diablos (with Osmose learned hopefully), and give her something for confuse immunity? Confusion Resistance from the Veritas event would be the smallest stat hit from what you have currently equipped (unless you have something better).

Thanks! It's for the nightmare version of pumpkin king tonight.

Molten Core Raider
Took a couple tries but I got the stupid Pumpkin head guy down finally with Tiphares' Superkiller-landeau. I didnt quite have all the killer materia you had but I fitted my Orlandeau out as closely as I could. Took two kills to complete all the missions. Kill #1 was Orlandeau, WoL, Rikku, Fryevia, and Captain Deadweight. Kill #2 I punted Lasswell for 2B and he melted in 3 turns. I'm probably gonna be way over my head for the Nightmare fight on Thursday.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I set her up on Diablos but didn’t take Osmose.

I did give her Confusion Resist though.

Hopefully she’ll work for you.

Last edited:

Vinen

God is dead
I had to run it twice since i tried to yolo with 2 GL Sakura.

Then I decided to not be lazy and geared a DV/Oldman and did it in 3 turns. (had to wait a turn to get crystals REEEEE)

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I think I’m going to try with Tilith, Wilhelm, iNichol and T Terra x2.

Assuming he’s breakable iNichol can handle that and make tanky tank Wilhelm into tankiest tank Wilhelm.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Thanks Angel, confusion immunity is the important part. I'll just have your guy do fire resist on the turns that I use osmose. Going to be somewhat of a guessing game, since I'm not bringing anyone with Analyze, and you can't use Libra (it's white magic, which will fail the mission).

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Screenshot_2017-10-25-03-29-07.png
Screenshot_2017-10-25-16-39-44.png

Not really sure why I didn't get credit for killing with a limit burst because the only two units to damage the malboro was my onions. And they both used a limit burst.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Hardest part of Halloween nightmare boss: Finding a friend unit equipped with confusion resist.

Edit: Said screw it and did it with 6 people so I could give the friend unit confuse resist with Minfillia. Will go back and re-kill him for the other missions. I messed up on the run where I took your unit Angelwatch and now you're on cooldown. Will try again with yours when it comes back up. Here's a video of my first kill with only the "no white" mission complete, though I didn't play very well: Skeleton King

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
My son pulled for me this morning. Daily 1/2 pull came down yellow. I thought, Pirate Jake finally! Cracked to rainbow! Grim Lord Sakura #2. Great to have my own chainer but something new would have been nice. I find myself short on cactuars, MAG and burst pots for the first time ever.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Went back and got Nightmare guy a 2nd time for the esper mission, but still no 5 man kill. Swapped Garnet in for Tilith to summon 2 espers a lot quicker, which worked out fine. Second kill went far smoother (now that I know the fight). Video of kill #2: Skeleton King - Summon Espers

Now to figure out how to do it 5 man.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Went back and got Nightmare guy a 2nd time for the esper mission, but still no 5 man kill. Swapped Garnet in for Tilith to summon 2 espers a lot quicker, which worked out fine. Second kill went far smoother (now that I know the fight). Video of kill #2: Skeleton King - Summon Espers

Now to figure out how to do it 5 man.
Did you get the correct clear reward? In game announcement said you get Serpent Nace instead of Necro Dagger.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Nope I got the mace, but there's a news in game that says maintenance will give everyone who cleared it the dagger, and they will fix the problem during maintenance. It also sounds like people who clear it before tonight's maintenance get to keep the 2nd copy of serpent mace (maybe) along with the dagger.

I wish it would hurry and offer me Angel's friend unit so I can finish this 3rd kill and be done with dumb boss.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I’m running into the same friend issue that you are. So I actually went ahead and specced Diablos for Osmose too. I drain his MP at the start but I found that after 40% you must do it again. So I’m waiting for your TTerra to come available as well.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Alright, 5 man mission complete. You were the first friend I took Angelwatch, but I failed my first run, and you never showed up again, so had to do the clears with random Terras. For those who care, here's my 3rd kill video with a 5 man team (no healer!): Skeleton King - 5 man kill

For the 5 man team (hardest mission), I did iNichol, Soleil, Minfilia, TTerra, friend TTerra. I kicked Tilith off the team because honestly, with Illusionist Nichol, who needs tanks or healers am I right? Anyhow, here's some tips I've observed from my various kills:

If you can evade tank + Nichol, you can ignore all physical damage and not bother breaking his ATK.
If you drain the bosses mana, his magical damage is removed entirely above 60% health.
Spend time above 60% to fill up your limit bars, do the esper mission if you're doing it that run, etc. Once you push him under 60% it becomes a race.

After 60% the boss starts doing an aoe mana drain. It's not too strong of a mana drain (if you have good spirit to resist it) but it will slowly drain your team unless you're using a high end mana battery. Because he's draining mana, you can stop bothering to osmose him as it won't be very effective anymore. Boss starts doing some aoe fire damage, so fire resist helps here.

Once the boss drops under 40%, he enters his final phase and starts seriously hurting. You don't want to spend more than 2-3 turns under 40%, so burst him ASAP. His most dangerous attack is a massive AOE Shadowstorm (dark damage), and he applies a -80% dark debuff on your team. I had to gear my guys in mostly 40-60% shadow resist gear + Minfilia's +70% buff to survive it.

Anyhow, he's pretty hard, especially doing it with only 5 units, but the reward for a 5 man clear is mostly a prestige item. If you can kill this guy with 5 units, the reward is worthless to you lol.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
This fight is retarded. There’s just too much going on. You need to handle like 4 mechanics each turn after 40% but that leaves no room for DPS.

Going to try again in 4 hours when your T Terra is available again.