Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I think I’m done. This boss, and mst bosses they release, is incredibly not fun. once I get him below 40% I just wipe regardless of how much mitigation I’m throwing up.

I’m getting very sick of all of these overtuned bosses. The Robot, Marlboro, Sheratan and now this thing are just dumb.

Bloodgruve

Molten Core Raider
I really miss the bug that let you reset the friend list by closing the app...

This system really discourages keeping lower level friends around. What, 25ish options appear when starting something, out of 50 to 100 friends.. gotta run crap just to get to the right friend unit and hope they're still geared correctly.

When energy is involved (which = $$) and content requires certain things you should be able to choose any friend you would have and not wait for hours for a second shot at it. At that point your no longer enjoying their game, you're just annoyed and frustrated. Its fun to work through content till you complete it but its unfun to be restricted like this.

Also, let me grab equipment off the goddam expedition units while they're out doing their thing. Whats it gonna hurt? Or give me the ability to lock them out of expeditions other than parking them in a party...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
once I get him below 40% I just wipe regardless of how much mitigation I’m throwing up.

That's when he starts his dark damage nuke, and he uses an -80% dark imperil on the team. You need like 30-40% dark resist + a strong buff like Minfilia's before the imperil to still have enough resist after the imperil to survive it (and even then it's really painful).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm seeing a lot of people say that mana drains still help to lower his damage after 40%. I thought that because he's regenerating so much it wasn't worth it, but if it really does keep his damage down, then a rotation of dps -> drain -> repeat may be helpful. Unsure how accurate that info is though since it's not how I did it.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I'm seeing a lot of people say that mana drains still help to lower his damage after 40%. I thought that because he's regenerating so much it wasn't worth it, but if it really does keep his damage down, then a rotation of dps -> drain -> repeat may be helpful. Unsure how accurate that info is though since it's not how I did it.
I built up a 100% evade Rikku and got iNichol leveled up as well. Hopefully @Vinen has GL Sakura up still so I can use her for chaining magic damage. Planning to go in with Rikku, Minfilia, iNichol, and GL Sakura x2. Just gonna get Vinen to pop up on my list.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Something to keep in mind about GL Sakura is her innate weakness to darkness. Be sure you gear her to fix that up or the last phase will hurt.

I used all of my 10+1 tickets I had saved (5 of them) and got no rainbows and no Halloween units at all (not even lid). Was hoping for a Jake or two... Oh well, got a 2nd Crowe at least and my first Heaven Veritas, but of the 55 units those were the only two worth mentioning (still 0 Rasler, 1 Ashe).

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Angelwatch Angelwatch I hate to be a constant pest, but you're the only TTerra I can contact on my list. If I can impose on you one more time, could you equip something for Paralyze immunity on your TTerra before servers go down for maintenance in about 4 hours from this post? I want to do Bahamut when servers come up in the morning. The random whale Terra's on my list don't seem to like to properly setup for the latest event :(

I'm going to be using Fashionable Dancewear on mine so she can still keep her Magistral Crest and Spr/Mag/HP materia equipped.

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I set her up with a Ribbon. I tried some combinations and that keeps her MAG and SPR highest. Losing Dark Bond for the dancewear is a massive MAG loss for me. She has 4,900 HP, 964 MAG, and 363 SPR. Dual wielding Draco Spikes.

Let me know if there’s any tweaks you can think of.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
That's fine, the dps don't have to survive megaflare, only the random nukes on turns 2/3/4, and she will easily survive with those stats. Paralyze immunity is the key factor for Bahamut since I don't want to waste anyone's turn curing it. Let's just hope I can get your unit without 100 earth shrine runs to reroll the list.

I did plan out a backup order of operations if I have to deal with a paralyzed random friend that I may end up taking, and it's doable, but it's going to be more of a pita if that's the case.

My theorized Bahamut team will be, along with their 5 turn rotation:

Tilith -- Guard -> AoE res -> Heal -> Heal -> Guard
Nichol -- Guard -> Redirect/Force -> Limit -> Redirect/Force -> Guard
Soleil -- Spr Dance -> pass -> Spr Dance -> Mag Dance -> Spr Dance
9S -- Mag Break -> pass -> Miti Shield -> Limit -> Miti Shield
TTerra -- Maduin Guard -> pass -> Activate -> ChaosWave -> ChaosWave
friend TTerra -- same as above

I got the datamined stats for Bahamut from Nazta, and calculated my teams stats with buffs etc and Nichol + Tilith will survive the megaflares pretty easily, and with maduin guard they will also be immune to the lightning nukes on turn 2, so they can spend turn 2 getting the rest of the team back on their feet and buffed up instead of needing to be healed. Between 9S limit doing a 54% spirit break and both Terra's chaining, I think Bahamut will die on turn 5, but if not I just repeat the above.

That's the plan at least!

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Something to keep in mind about GL Sakura is her innate weakness to darkness. Be sure you gear her to fix that up or the last phase will hurt.

I used all of my 10+1 tickets I had saved (5 of them) and got no rainbows and no Halloween units at all (not even lid). Was hoping for a Jake or two... Oh well, got a 2nd Crowe at least and my first Heaven Veritas, but of the 55 units those were the only two worth mentioning (still 0 Rasler, 1 Ashe).
Bummer on the pulls.
Yeah, I put Diabolos on her. I'm farming up the Dark Robe now since I just got Victoria. I don't have enough Dark Resist gear to get everyone above 20%. I got him to 13% and then everything fell apart. I will have to try again tomorrow and hope that @Vinen puts Diabolos, Dark Robe, and confusion resist on GL Sakura (please and thank you!).

Good luck on Bahamut tomorrow!

Arica-Jade

Lord Nagafen Raider
My TTerra, while not geared to the teeth, has around 900 MAG. I set her up with a ribbon and Diablos for you if that helps.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Thanks!

Looks like Gumi felt Skeleton King may have been too hard, he got some massive nerfs in the maintenance according to the datamine.

Molten Core Raider
I finished my Emperor TM last night so T.Terra has a nice shiny new staff now, but Im not sure what I should work on next. I can't do the evasion tank thing yet so I guess that's a good place to turn my attention to? My WoL is lacking good tanking materia as well but with Illusionist Nichol buzzing around having that evasion tank seems to be a better route to go.

Is Sazh, a couple Shine's, and a Noctis into the cookpot the ideal route to evasion tanking? I'm also torn over going for a Ribbon or Discernment for my status prevention. Discernment might be better for an evasion tank, but the Ribbon looks more useful for other things like my eventual Bahamut attempt.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sinzar Sinzar

I’m trying Skeleton King again after the nerfs. Once I’m done I’ll give my TTerra paralyze resist again.

Too bad we can’t set a friend unit like an arena unit so it doesn’t change and the equips are available for normal play.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's all good, I took you earlier to Bahamut, then realized you have to equip the rat tail to actually cross the bridge, so I had to retreat from the exploration in order to equip the rat tail, wasting the friend cooldown. Had to go with a random non-immune Terra again....

Anyhow, Bahamut went exactly as I planned, with him dying on the first round I actually attacked him. The weakness of Terra is her setup time, else it could have been a one round fight. Video: Bahamut Fight

The exploration is a complete pain in the ass though. Now I have to go back and do it 100% clear + re-kill bahamut if I want the moogle (I do). Probably going to wait until later today though when I can get a few hours of uninterrupted play since it's going to be long.

You can add +4 to 3 stats of your choice when you spec Bahamut. I went with ATK, MAG, and SPR as the 3 choices. Seemed most universally useful.

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Finally beat that freaking trial. I had to force close / reload my app a bunch of times to get perfect chains with T Terra but I don’t consider that cheating. If people can macro perfect spark chains or use magnification tricks on android for perfect chains then I can reload until the chains go off properly.

Only quest I didn’t finish was the 5 man one and fuck that noise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arica-Jade

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you don't mind using 2x the energy for fights that require you to come with a small party, and have access to an emulator or phone and a tablet, I found out through a woopsie that if you attempt an encounter with 6 members first, fight till near death force close the app, open it in another device/emulator and repeat this process like maybe 4-5 times. If you complete the trial and restart the trial with a party of 5 and get the enemy low enough you can force close and reopen on the other device and it will actually give you the 6 party team and complete the small party mission.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Is Sazh, a couple Shine's, and a Noctis into the cookpot the ideal route to evasion tanking? I'm also torn over going for a Ribbon or Discernment for my status prevention.

2x Noctis TM is the best for evasion tanking, but Noctis + Sazh TM is 2nd best. Keep in mind that the dodge from Noctis TM does stack, but the dodge from Sazh TM does not stack with itself, so don't farm more than 1 Sazh TM. For the remaining dodge to reach 100%, it depends on the unit.

If they can wear Light Armor, then Assassin Vest for the chest is the best option (trial reward). If they can't wear light armor, but can wear clothes, Vampire Cloak is the best chest, but it's a 5* TM from a limited time banner (Dracula Lasswell, on Halloween banner part2). I wouldn't advise anyone to chase Dracu Lasswell though unless you're a millionaire since his banner is bad and so is the unit besides the TM.

Using materia slots to get he last % is a good idea, using Shine, Yda, or Cyan's TM (Yda's is limit:1, the others stack). You can also get some from weapon slot (10% katana, 5% dagger), heavy shield slot (5%), or hat slot (5%).

For Ribbon or Discernment, the answer is get both. You eventually want 5 copies of full status immunity for your team. I personally went with 3 ribbons and 2 discernment, and it's worked out well. Do at least 2 and 2, then it's really not much difference which for the 5th.